Ever had an argument in your Gaming Session?

GoldenWolfHunter

I don't think this topic was made before. 

Have you ever had someone argue in your session?

I was boosting Battlefield Bad Company 2 and everyone was nice and friendly until we got to demolition man. Then 2 people (you know who you are) argued about who would go first. They decided to stop.... for 10 seconds. We stopped the session and decided to try later.

What about you?

Welcome the planet of Earth. That happens a lot here. :)

Seriously though, usually boosting sessions are quite lovely but gamers are gamers and arguments can sprout from anywhere. That's just humans being humans. We don't always see eye-to-eye. Getting upset about people arguing? Now that's where most of the problems start. Just let them have it out and continue about your business. Getting involved rarely does anything except stoke the fire. :)

Edited by RedEye420

That's why you set ground rules from the start about who goes first. Without question, the person that organized the session gets the trophy first. Then after that, I usually go in the order that people showed up online for the session for. And always have an extra person available just in case you get one of those scumbags that gets his trophy and leaves without helping the rest, or when somebody doesn't show up at all.

• Like 1

We let them continue. That took about an hour. Then we gave up and decided to try it again on Thursday.

Ugh an hour? Yeah that's ugly. Usually gaming arguments fizzle out after 10-15 mins. Well sounds like you guys didn't have much choice. Hopefully your next session goes a lot more smoothly. My experience suggests that you just got unlucky. A large majority of all boosting sessions I have been involved with were extremely pleasant and led to friendships going forward. 

Usually when arguing occurs in a session it usually always relates to greed! Like in my SHIFT 2 session, it was like a fight to the death on who was going for the crown first, or who's up next. It is such a long trophy to boost, so frustration gets in the way to and you just want to get it over with. That's why you keep your patience and have the trophy to look forward to so you keep your cool. 

I've seen a couple small disagreements. Nothing too big. Usually as host, I'll go last to make sure everyone gets the trophy. I have had one host skip past me once he got his trophy and move onto another trophy. He then had the nerve to ask me repeatedly why I deleted him. Really? :|

There was one particular session where I was boosting Bioshock 2 and one person decided that he needed to win on a dlc map that we'd been waiting two hours to spawn (yes ******, I still remember). Ended up kicking him that day and had to wait another hour for that map to spawn again to get everybody a win on that map. We ended up having to use him the next day because we didn't have to six people needed to boost the mp. He repeatedly left one person hanging at a turret where they couldn't get xp because he was afk and he also grabbed the little sister a few times shortening the time we had to hack turrets.

Now, I try to coordinate with a core group of friends whenever I/we are in need of trophies that require big groups. Random gaming sessions are unorganized and cause so much frustration that I don't think it's worth it any more.

Edit: Decided not to name and shame even though they deserve it.

Edited by Rowdi

Boosting seems to garner a lot of hot heads, at least in my experience. I've had a few experiences with boosters that either A, wanted to go first, or B, decided they weren't going to boost anymore when we were close to finishing. On the other hand, I've also met some nice people while boosting... Boosting Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, I gained a friend that I still talk with now and that was years ago.

• 3 months later...