New here =)

Hello!

I am xrunner48, and I have been playing playstation (mainly ps3) since 2015 🙂!

I signed up here mainly so I could see my trophies and trophy guides.

My favourite playstation franchise is LittleBigPlanet.

Does anyone have suggestions for good PS3 games I could play?

Thanks for reading!

- xrunner48

• Like 3

Play Puppeteer. It's a PS3 platformer with a bit of a similar style and feel to LBP. 

All Ratchet & Clank games are more shooters than platformers but they are all cartoony games and have charm to them even if the tone of the games shifted a bit with time. The first PS2 game's controls can feel a bit dated in 2024 but the rest feel modern enough.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, LukeTheGooner said:

apart from LBP what other kind of games do you like?

On playstation I also play Gran Turismo and Ape Escape.

On PC I like Counter-Strike, TF2 and Cave Story. 

EDIT: Forgot I also have Ratchet and Clank on PS3

Edited by xrunner48
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, xrunner48 said:

On playstation I also play Gran Turismo and Ape Escape.

On PC I like Counter-Strike, TF2 and Cave Story. 

EDIT: Forgot I also have Ratchet and Clank on PS3

not ps3 but I see you have Human Fall Flat on your list with 0 trophies done, play that game on ps4 :)

• Like 1

i had just posted a topic asking about ps3 games the other day, the community gave me a pretty good list, fallout 3, fallout new vegas, infamous 1-2, ICO, just cause 2, deus ex, prototype 1-2, nier, spec ops: the line, All ratchet and clanks, ff13 trilogy, mgs4

• Like 1

Hello mate!

Big fan of LBP here too - great franchise!

For good Ps3 games, I’d highly recommend the two 2D Rayman games (Origins and Legends), an excellent Zelda like game called 3D Dot Game Heroes, a cool 3D character action game called Remember Me, the excellent, bery underrated FPs game Syndicate, and maybe Portal 2 for some awesome puzzling!

• Like 2

Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom, Folklore, and Dante's Inferno were great on Ps3. Dante's Inferno is a God of War clone that is as good as the original God of War. Folklore has the best use of the Dualshock3 controller's "sixaxis motion" function, and its use of that to finish off enemies is part of what made that game unique. The only other game I saw that used that "sixaxis spin motion" to affect what happened on the screen was Flower, but its gameplay was a little annoying, not that fun; Folklore used it in a more entertaining way. Zone of the Enders HD Collection (Zone of the Enders 2 in particular) was another excellent action game on ps3. I think the only one I mentioned here that has a low price nowadays (at amazon or ebay) is Zone of the Enders HD collection, so I highly recommend you get it if you never played ZOE2. Folklore is "hidden gem" and "cult classic" material, so its prices have skyrocketed. The Majin game is a "dark-fantasy-adventure" Aladdin game, where the Aladdin-like character has to play in co-op with the Majin character to progress in the game, and both characters are controlled by the player at the same time. I never finished it, but what I saw of it was very well done. I would recommend watching gameplay videos or playthroughs at youtube to see if you like it.

If you have a pair of Ps3 motion controllers and the Ps3 camera, the Sports Champions game was really good too.

From the Ps3-only downloads on PSN, the best ones were Hard Corps Uprising (a good Contra game) and Persona 3 FES (great turn-based rpg). Neo Contra (ps3 download) was worth playing too, if you like the Contra-style games. For rpgs on the Ps3, I would recommend  Eternal Sonata and the two Kingdom Hearts remixes (1.5 and 2.5). Those included the best versions of Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2.

Be aware that Folklore and Neo Contra don't have psn trophies.