The Order: 1886 Delayed into 2015

Parker

This is slightly disappointing, though I'd much rather a developer delay a game to released a complete prodct than release a broken game and patch it later. 

order5.27news610.jpg

The PlayStation 4's software roster suffers a blow with the announcement that exclusive, first-party game The Order: 1886 is delayed into 2015.

The game was supposed to come out towards the end of 2014, but now it's slated to release in early 2015.

"To deliver that experience that we've wanted, and that we hope players expect, we're targeting an early 2015 release on the game," says Ru Weerasuriya, the game's creative director. "...We're really trying to hone in on getting the whole game to that level of polish."

Despite the delay, the game is looking pretty good – read our hands-on preview of the title.

Our Take
A big blow to the system and for Sony considering it was a key first-party title and that it's a lost opportunity to get a leg up on Microsoft since Halo 5: Guardians isn't coming out until 2015.

Source: Game Informer

Still, all reports are saying this game is already very good so a delay can only make it even better. 

Parker

At this rate they might as well, re-broadcast last years E3, as basically every major release that was announced last year ended up either being delayed to sometime later this year or next year. Driveclub, The Divison, The Order; Watch Dogs and Infamous Second Son, Lightning Returns had earlier release dates set... and I'm probably forgetting to mention several more that are in the same boat.

Developers and Publishers should really get their shit together and only announce release dates when they are set in stone, or at most state the year for the release. That way the hype for an upcoming game remains, and people won't get disappointed with announcement of delays for upcoming titles.

That being said, personally I'm not too fussed as there are still tons of games that I have in my backlog waiting to be completed.

I disagree. I have no problems with developers announcing a projected release date like "end of 2014" which I believe was the case with The Order. Plus I'd much rather hear about a delay months in advance rather than a few weeks from when the game was supposed to release. 

Parker

Somewhat annoyed by this I already limit my ps4 to only console exclusives so I already dont get a lot use out of it, which I understand since still the first year of the consoles life but really Infamous and Drive Club? Thats the major 2 exclusives for the first year? Kinda funny that the Wii U arguarbly has the best exclusives this year.

Somewhat annoyed by this I already limit my ps4 to only console exclusives so I already dont get a lot use out of it, which I understand since still the first year of the consoles life but really Infamous and Drive Club? Thats the major 2 exclusives for the first year? Kinda funny that the Wii U arguarbly has the best exclusives this year.

Arguably. The only game I'm looking forward to on the Wii U is Mario Kart. 

Parker

Arguably. The only game I'm looking forward to on the Wii U is Mario Kart. 

Parker

i guess that goes to your taste I know plenty of people who are looking forward to : Donkey Kong (released 21st feb), Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, X and Zelda.

Edited by Ellie

i guess that goes to your taste I know plenty of people who are looking forward to : Donkey Kong (released 21st feb), Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, X and Zelda.

Exactly, which is why I agreed with you. Donkey Kong was fun (I forgot that came out this year) but I couldn't care less about Bayonetta 2 or Smash or X. Is there a new Zelda game that is supposed to release this year? I haven't hear anything about it if there is.

Parker 

It's kind of a dick move to tease a 2-minute gameplay event last week and then pull the rug out a few days later and announce a delay. 

That was kinda what I was thinking. Maybe they didn't like the feedback they got!?