ACA NEOGEO2 (Arcade Archives) announced for PS5

Today during HAMSTER's 10th anniversary live stream they announced ACA NEOGEO 2 coming to PS5 and plans to update the current Neogeo titles with over 100 games planned.  Those who purchased older titles can get them at a discount but the release is planned for the summer.

Things like Online play and Score attack mode are being added to them.  Personally I cannot wait for this and wanted to share it here for those who like the ACA line or older Neogeo titles as things like Metal Slug or KOF online has me pretty excited!  

• Like 2

So they would be all in one place? Kinda like Capcom Arcade?

I have a few ACA and would love to get all for a decent price but it's a really expensive endeavor as is.

As someone that basically did ALL arcade archives (just missing a couple of the latest releases for cleanup when I get the chance), I’m not sure how I feel about this 😅. I can’t say I’m surprised but I was hoping it would NOT be for previous entries and/or cross buy and apparently it won’t be either. I’m hoping the discout for upgrading is significant else my wallet will cry. It sounds like the new lists will also be longer than the current format

32 minutes ago, Thropy_Croissant said:

As someone that basically did ALL arcade archives (just missing a couple of the latest releases for cleanup when I get the chance), I’m not sure how I feel about this 😅. I can’t say I’m surprised but I was hoping it would NOT be for previous entries and/or cross buy and apparently it won’t be either. I’m hoping the discout for upgrading is significant else my wallet will cry. It sounds like the new lists will also be longer than the current format

I just saw the games you have done and god speed. I cannot imagine going for a second run of all of that. Hopefully the discount is heavy because I have seen some people discuss how they own every Neogeo title or close to all of them and not wanting to spend money again to have access to the new features.

Posted (edited)

It's actually ACA2 NEOGEO, not ACA NEOGEO2. Looking forward to how the game information team will deal with that. I still haven't seen a proper explanation for why they renamed the games in the series Arcade Archives instead of keeping the ACA NEOGEO. Feels like someone fucked up and then they didn't want to put in the effort to change it back.

Hope the trophies are more similar to how the achievements were for the original ACA NeoGeo series on Xbox and without online trophies. It's fun learning arcade games but with the basic PS4 trophy lists, barely any of them require any form of skill.

Edited by iriihutoR84

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2024 at 11:21 PM, QQQ_AX said:

But will they dump all of the previously released ACA Neogeo games at once or do one at a time?

We don't know at all and I hope it's just them dumping a bunch of titles at once.  I don't want to miss out on weekly Namco/Konami titles and having 2 years of NEOGEO stuff re-released. On that I also hope they re-release the delisted games and put the JP exclusive NEOGEO titles on the US store.