Battlefield Hardline Discussion

Looks better than the recent ones, but aren't visceral games the dead space devs?! I'd take a new dead space over battlefield: Cops any day.

EDIT: That brown jacket guy in the singleplayer is a spitting image of the vice detective from L.A Noire

Edited by Saltyie

Is this PayDay 3?

Now more serious, it doesn´t seem like a normal Battlefield game and I´m afraid of that, but I will wait for more info and give it a chance for now.

It's not even Battlefield. It's like a new franchise, but they are just slapping the Battlefield name on it because they know some people will just buy it for it's name. And when you look at a lot of peoples' reactions, it's working.

So far I think the concept is awesome. Everyone playing GTA Online has been waiting for the heists and this is basically a game centered around that where we can play the cops and robbers. It looks like there will be police chases too. I don't know what the player count will be and I can't really see 32 vs. 32 really working well with this type of game but I really want to see more. It seems like Payday meets GTA Online. 

Parker

• Like 1

Looks better than the recent ones, but aren't visceral games the dead space devs?! I'd take a new dead space over battlefield: Cops any day.

EDIT: That brown jacket guy in the singleplayer is a spitting image of the vice detective from L.A Noire

Thats true . As soon as i saw him i remembered L.A Noire.

• 2 weeks later...

"This is different than the standard, persistent, unified economy of Battlefield Hardline, of course. Cash and levels earned during and after each round persist throughout, allowing you to unlock new guns, attachments, and other items between and during rounds. But the Reputation system, as an independent progression system, presents interesting opportunities for skilled players."

Rep. System, pretty interesting. -  http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/10/e3-2014-how-battlefield-hardlines-reputation-system-makes-each-match-matter

My previous post is faulty.

This game has proved that EA can produce 1 Battlefield per year and not be shit.

Simply have to get multiple dev's involved with the IP.

I will now purchase this.

DICE has to step up with Battlefront though...

The fact that they seem more interested in releasing another game, rather then fixing their latest release. 

Makes me think I'd be a fool to buy this.. a game they'll support for 3 weeks after release, then they'll start making their next game.

I'll pass. :)

I managed to get the beta and have played a couple of hours. I am glad I have played it but so far it has not blown me away and currently I am likely to give it a miss in favour of Destiny because I want to give that a good chance.

Zip-lining from the top of buildings is cool, the grappling is slightly disappointing because you want to grapple places you are not aloud. I guess it would be ok once you totally know the maps.

The beta seems pretty stable to me, no real issues I have come across, so far only the helicopter gun floating in space a bit. The graphics are quite average, I know a beta but I was expecting more. Fine for and felt like PS3 game.

Gameplay wise it can be a bit hectic, which either makes for some fun battlefield full on "how did I survive" moments or the sadder what's going on "oh match is over". I was hoping for there to be more police chases but so far it mostly people driving vehicles from a to b and bailing out. Maybe with more teamwork and more familiarity it will start playing out more like advertised.

But have you seen the new Rainbow Six? That feels more like what this game should be.

I will play some more till the beta ends and have some friends try it to see what they think.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
  • 2 months later...