Best way to get some story-related trophies?

dajmer79

Okay, so I just finished this game (great game, btw) and kept everyone alive, getting silver.pngFour Heroes at the end. I know what I need to do and where to start from for gold.pngPerfect Crime, but I have a couple questions regarding some of the other story-related trophies I didn't get.

silver.pngTrial Master - I opted not to kill the drug dealer. Can I simply replay that chapter with save "on", kill him, and get the trophy?
silver.pngNerd - I didn't find all the clues at the first crime scene (don't know about the other two), so can I simply replay those specific missions?
bronze.pngSimple Mind - I don't recall seeing any prompts to save the killer at the end of the fight on the conveyor belt with Jayden.
gold.pngAll Endings - Considering I finished my playthrough with everyone alive, can I reload the last chapter and basically put the controller down so that everyone fails/dies, or is there a better method for getting those particular endings?

I really enjoyed the game, but I'm trying to avoid having to do another playthrough outside of my gold.pngPerfect Crime run. I'm hoping I can get the above mentioned trophies by simply chapter selecting and saving, consider the game already recognizes I beat it with everyone alive.

• Like 1

whatever chapter you start from that begins the new save. So if you are trying for Nerd then you have to start from whatever chapter you didn't find all the clues in and playthrough the game until you get to the point that the trophy unlocks.

Also for All Endings there are stuff you need to do through out the game so once again you will have to start at certain points to play through it. The good news is you can kill/jail people quickly so do it as soon as possible and it shortens the game up.

• Like 1

You could get most of that done on the Perfect Crime playthrough. Just play through doing those tasks while also having Jayden find all the clues, let him find Shaun but fail the QTEs on the conveyer belt at the end. That will get you the ending for the killer getting away, Jayden dead, Madison dead, and Ethan killing himself either in jail or out just make sure he doesn't show up at the warehouse at the end. Then reload the last level and have Jayden save the killer, the QTE should be when they're at the end of the conveyer and the killer is dangling from the edge. 

The only thing you'll have to do separately is the trials as if Ethan does all of them he'll naturally show up at the warehouse. So before perfect crime, restart from the shark trial and play through to the rat. While you're at it you might aswell see if you can plan out getting a couple more of the endings and just go to the end from there depending on which you already earned. After that perfect crime, and try to figure out which endings you got left to do. The earliest I think you'll have to play from for that is the mission where Scott is in the sinking car so that Lauren can either live or die

• Like 1

Okay, so I just finished this game (great game, btw) and kept everyone alive, getting silver.pngFour Heroes at the end. I know what I need to do and where to start from for gold.pngPerfect Crime, but I have a couple questions regarding some of the other story-related trophies I didn't get.

silver.pngTrial Master - I opted not to kill the drug dealer. Can I simply replay that chapter with save "on", kill him, and get the trophy?

silver.pngNerd - I didn't find all the clues at the first crime scene (don't know about the other two), so can I simply replay those specific missions?

bronze.pngSimple Mind - I don't recall seeing any prompts to save the killer at the end of the fight on the conveyor belt with Jayden.

gold.pngAll Endings - Considering I finished my playthrough with everyone alive, can I reload the last chapter and basically put the controller down so that everyone fails/dies, or is there a better method for getting those particular endings?

I really enjoyed the game, but I'm trying to avoid having to do another playthrough outside of my gold.pngPerfect Crime run. I'm hoping I can get the above mentioned trophies by simply chapter selecting and saving, consider the game already recognizes I beat it with everyone alive.

zomg.gif

dajmer79?! Sweet Jesus, I haven't seen you around forums for years. I know this post is totally unrelated to your question - which I apologise for - but it is damn good to see you, man. I hope all is well, and that your Heavy Rain platinum doesn't cause you too much hassle. 

• Like 2

Okay, so from the sounds of it my :silver:Four Heroes playthrough is essentially done (i.e no need to backtrack). If that's the case, can I reload the last chapter and do the complete opposite and let everyone fail/die to get those endings with autosave on?

• 1 year later...

The thing that sucks is that you can't get Trial Master and Perfect Crime in one playthrough because in order to get Perfect Crime, you have to have Ethan get arrested, which negates having to do The Rat trial. I'm on my second playthrough and I'm going for Perfect Crime myself as well as Nerd, so I guess I'll have to do one or two more playthroughs to get Trial Master as well as Clever Dad if I can't do the latter via chapter select.