Add a trophy milestone for 79 golds

Hi there. Long time listener, first time caller.

I really like the profile page, and everything you are doing with this site. The trophy milestones sidebar is kind of fun, and this week I was approaching my 2,000th trophy which made me look into what is listed there. I realised it's focused on total trophy numbers, or platinums. There is space in there for more.

I thought that marking the 79th gold trophy might be fun. Why? Well 79 is the atomic number for gold, and considering I've got 22 completed games, 14 platinums, and still only 99 golds it takes quite some time to accumulate that many. A worthy milestone to add in perhaps.

Welcome!

Interesting idea; I can definitely see where you're coming from in terms of making the list of trophies more interesting rather than just the standard milestones. However, as others have said, I feel that it would likely just end up being too confusing. Furthermore, if we did that for gold, we should 'technically' do it for silver as well; but obviously that's not as special as a gold. Also, unfortunately, there's no such thin as 'bronze' on the periodic table (closest we've got is copper at 29).

Regardless though, great to see suggestions to improve this already fantastic site!

Anyone who believes in atoms isn't a true Christian.

In our entire 6000 year history, has anyone ever seen an atom? Didn't think so...

On the other hand, God can be seen....umm...err...nevermind.

Lol wtf? I think you meant to post this in a YouTube comments section, lolol

• Like 1

Doesn't platinum, bronze and silver also have such a number?

Well Silver(Ag) has atom number: 47 and Platinum(Pt) has atom number 78

Bronze however is an alloy and therefore not an element, meaning that it doesn't have an atom number.

You can look it up in the PSE if you wish xD

• Like 1

Well you could just as easily make it a simple 100th gold milestone, or similar, if worried about confusion. Bronze and silver trophies don't matter at all, they get measured by the hundred/thousand, but golds are still just scarce enough that a milestone for them could be cute. I just broke 100 today, and that's after almost 3 years of PSN gaming. I simply suggested 79 because eh, I'm a whimsical soul at heart and an Easter egg seemed a bit more interesting than a vanilla number.

Wouldn't cry if it was or wasn't added in any form, but if the site admins are looking to expand the list then gold trophies could use a little love. I'd only feel a little bad if you went with 100 golds because I was farming that awful, awful Frogger Returns game and having that staring at me from my page would be a badge of shame. I was definitely trophy whoring on that wretched little game. (I'm weak, I love my trophies.)

LOL then maybe a 69 milestone and a 666 milestone and then a SWAG milestone :|

Don't forget the all important yolo milestone. Everyone starts with it, but as soon as you get a trophy related to dying it goes away.

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 4

Anyone who believes in atoms isn't a true Christian.

In our entire 6000 year history, has anyone ever seen an atom? Didn't think so...

On the other hand, God can be seen....umm...err...nevermind.

This topic is about adding a 79 gold trophy milestone, not Christian bashing.

This topic is about adding a 79 gold trophy milestone, not Christian bashing.

It is? :| where is the fun in that ?

And I still think anti's post was more constructive than yours. Lighten up, have a smoke, run around in the rain, and finally chill (in whatever order you feel fits)

Edited by Memnoch
  • Like 2