Don't need no hints trophy?

big_bob002

Got the trophy. For future reference, I believe the reason I didn't get the trophy the first time is because you have to choose continue throughout the game instead of selecting a checkpoint every time you boot up the game. I did not have an option to continue until my second play through. I think the game is designed to require 2 play throughs.

If anyone is reading this, the game is pretty good. It has sloppy platforming and the play control isn't perfect. The reason I say it's good is because it has interesting story and some really unique things you can do with environment.

Edited by big_bob002
  • Like 4

• 3 months later...

Got the trophy. For future reference, I believe the reason I didn't get the trophy the first time is because you have to choose continue throughout the game instead of selecting a checkpoint every time you boot up the game. I did not have an option to continue until my second play through. I think the game is designed to require 2 play throughs.

just confirming the above, you must select "continue" to get it.
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

I had no "continue"... I just hitted "New Game" and played it a second time. Its okay, I mean, we must collect hats. 

Trophie popped when the credits started, so maybe it just needs a second playthrough, which is acceptable because collectables dont spawn in the first playthrough.

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

There are people for which this trophy unlocks right away with the endgame trophy so perhaps this is just bugged.

Mediocre game. Semi interesting platforming stuff but the story is too obvious and preachy.

It should pop right after the Conclusion trophy. It did for me at least. More than likely, you've accidentally used a hint if it doesn't.

2 hours ago, MMDE said:

It should pop right after the Conclusion trophy. It did for me at least. More than likely, you've accidentally used a hint if it doesn't.

Nope. Used the first hint box because it was in my way and I did not know what it was, decided to check if there was a trophy for not using hints, saw there was, quit to main menu and chose 'new game'. Later when "Architect" did not pop, I closed the game, started it again and once more chose new game. Definitely never picked up a hint box after that first time, played the game in one sitting.

Just now, BillyHorrible said:

Nope. Used the first hint box because it was in my way and I did not know what it was, decided to check if there was a trophy for not using hints, saw there was, quit to main menu and chose 'new game'. Later when "Architect" did not pop, I closed the game, started it again and once more chose new game. Definitely never picked up a hint box after that first time, played the game in one sitting.

Could be in the memory that you had used a hint then, because you did once. :S 

59 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Could be in the memory that you had used a hint then, because you did once. :S 

Personally I'm thinking it's because the game somehow reverted back to the trial even though I definitely downloaded the full game key and even already popped a trophy in it back then.

Because of that, I used chapter select. The trophy might only unlock if you go through the game without backing out to the main menu or if you only use continue instead of chapter select, which the first posts here seem to almost imply as well.