3RD PARTY PS1/PS2/PSP GAMES HAVE TROPHIES NOW

Well, this is a surprise, and a pleasant one at that. Disney has oddly enough been PS Plus Premium's biggest third-party MVP, so to not only see the new Star Wars PS2 game get day-one trophy support, but the older Toy Story games get trophy updates out of nowhere means that the proverbial floodgates have been opened for third-party PS1, PS2 and PSP trophies. Quite an unexpected turn of events, indeed.

I might go for Toy Story 2 one day, since I hear surprisingly good things about it. I also have experience with Toy Story 3, since I'm pretty sure that the PlayStation 2 version that I own is the same game as the PSP version. It's an okay game.

OMG I love Toy Story 3, I'm glad that they haven't forgotten on uploading these. This feels like premium now lol

Edit: They also updated Alone in the Dark and Oddworld, this is crazy.

Edited by Jeanolt

I just downloaded all the disney games in anticipation of them getting supported because if these 2 are supported its likely the others will follow suit as all the initial trophyless sony games like jumping flash were retroactively patched over the course of a year. Maybe in a few days or weeks the star wars games will start to roll out.

Did Sony just figure out the old patent they had of unlocking trophies on retro games without needing to mess with the source code or something like that.

Doesn't seem to be a Disney only thing since Alone in the Dark is getting trophies now

14 minutes ago, Aecesaje_ said:

Did Sony just figure out the old patent they had of unlocking trophies on retro games without needing to mess with the source code or something like that.

Doesn't seem to be a Disney only thing since Alone in the Dark is getting trophies now

Sony outsources the work to a third party company called Implicit Conversations but the thinking was only Sony made them add trophies to their games. Maybe Sony has now pushed for all classics to have trophies. 

So many lists are dropping tonight! The three new launches for tomorrow plus both Toy Stories, Alone in the Dark, and now Oddworld too!

Dreams do come true! 😂

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, VeldinX said:

Sony outsources the work to a third party company called Implicit Conversations but the thinking was only Sony made them add trophies to their games. Maybe Sony has now pushed for all classics to have trophies. 

So many lists are dropping tonight! The three new launches for tomorrow plus both Toy Stories, Alone in the Dark, and now Oddworld too!

Dreams do come true! 😂

What?!

Right after the Alone in the Dark list appeared on the site, I downloaded Abe's Exodus to check if it got trophies - and it didn't!

It means that the updates might me going live as we speak!

I also tried Tekken 2 and 6, the other Oddworld games as well as every Star Wars and Worms games. None of them had trophies as of a few minutes ago

Edited by brunocosta1_
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, brunocosta1_ said:

Must be! New lists keep dropping like crazy atm. It’s wild! 🤯

Also, there must still be more to come today as there’s only one Oddworld list so far (no PS5 list yet) and it’s for the second game. Would be weird not to give them to the first game as well. 

Edited by VeldinX

12 minutes ago, brunocosta1_ said:

What?!

Right after the Alone in the Dark list appeared on the site, I downloaded Abe's Exodus to check if it got trophies - and it didn't!

The update for the PS4 version of Abe's Exoddus is live.

r2CCAce.jpeg

VW5wBqj.jpeg

I’m so glad they’ve decided to put trophies into all classics now, not just first party IPs. Hopefully all of them will have trophies added in time, just like the PS2-PS4 days! 🤩

Edited by VeldinX
  • Like 2