Jump to content

[Project] PS4 Physical Copies with "Free PS5 Upgrade" List


Recommended Posts

I can confirm that F1 2021(PS4) is no longer upgradable despite Box cover states otherwise. It might be because the digital versions of F1 21 have been pulled/delisted on the storefront, so there's literally no files on the server side. I have two EU copies, and one US copy. All of them are unable to get the PS5 upgrades now.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, BwhoUwannaB said:

I can confirm that F1 2021(PS4) is no longer upgradable despite Box cover states otherwise. It might be because the digital versions of F1 21 have been pulled/delisted on the storefront, so there's literally no files on the server side. I have two EU copies, and one US copy. All of them are unable to get the PS5 upgrades now.

 

24 minutes ago, PHIL_DADDY1 said:

A few that I have at home, not included on your list:

 

  • Alfred Hitchcock: Vertigo
  • Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?
  • Bluey
  • Minecraft Legends

 

Added. Thank you.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, very nice idea.
Here are the games I'm sure of (as I got the PS5 platinum trophy from the PS4 disc, with the free upgrade) :

  • Cloudpunk [EU]
  • WRC Generations [EU]
  • F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch [ASIA]
  • Cyberpunk 2077 [EU]
  • Little Nightmares II [EU]
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, LordWikii said:

I can confirm that Little Nightmares 2 PS4 disc has a free PS5 upgrade. 

Added. Thanks.

 

10 minutes ago, RoastedPeanut said:

Sonic Superstars has a free upgrade

 

Added. Thanks.

 

7 minutes ago, shipper321 said:

F1 2022 never had any sort of upgrade, it's the only one that didn't from launch. Easiest way to tell is because there's separate X1/XSX discs at retail.

 

Thanks for the info.

 

5 minutes ago, Cazis said:

Hi, very nice idea.
Here are the games I'm sure of (as I got the PS5 platinum trophy from the PS4 disc, with the free upgrade) :

  • Cloudpunk [EU]
  • WRC Generations [EU]
  • F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch [ASIA]
  • Cyberpunk 2077 [EU]
  • Little Nightmares II [EU]

 

Added Cloudpunk & F.I.S.T. The rest were on the list. Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, LordWikii said:

You can also add to the list the following games:

  • Diablo IV Cross-Gen Bundle 
  • Hitman 3
  • Tiny Tina's Wonderlands Chaotic Great Edition
  • The Dark Pictures House of Ashes

 

Added Diablo IV (Cross-Gen) & Tiny Tina (Chaotic). The other 2 were on the list. Thanks.

 

EDIT:
Off to bed. I'll check again in a few hours. Thanks everyone.

Edited by Ryan Industries
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dead island 2 ,ps4--->5 free upgrade (eu)

back for blood,ps4--->5 free upgrade (eu)

resident evil village,ps4--->5 free upgrade (eu)

ac valhalla,ps4--->5 free upgrade (eu)

saints row,ps4--->5 free upgrade (eu)

Edited by samunrizthym
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can confirm Greedfall, Maid of Sker, Monster Boy and Subnautica: Below Zero all have free upgrades.

 

I suggest also including games on the list that have zero upgrades as well, so that people aren't left wondering if they've simply been left off the list if they don't see them.

 

For example, TMNT: Shredder's Revenge does not have any sort of upgrade. If I were contemplating a purchase and checked the sheet, I wouldn't find it listed at all. That doesn't tell me there is zero upgrade, for I may still wonder, "Was it just not added to the list yet?"

 

Edit:

 

Also missing from your list; River City Girls 1, 2 and Zero all have free upgrades.

Edited by Apostrophe
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, JimmeC said:

Tactics Ogre: Reborn has a free PS5 upgrade

 

1 hour ago, Pumpkin Head Cthulhu said:

I just checked Greedfall and Monster boy both have the Free PS5 upgrade from disc. 

 

I will recheck my other games and see if any (mostly play obscure games myself) have the upgrade.

 

1 hour ago, blue_blur_98 said:

Sonic Frontiers has a free PS5 upgrade, just like Superstars.

 

All added. Thanks.

 

20 minutes ago, Apostrophe said:

I can confirm Greedfall, Maid of Sker, Monster Boy and Subnautica: Below Zero all have free upgrades.

 

I suggest also including games on the list that have zero upgrades as well, so that people aren't left wondering if they've simply been left off the list if they don't see them.

 

For example, TMNT: Shredder's Revenge does not have any sort of upgrade. If I were contemplating a purchase and checked the sheet, I wouldn't find it listed at all. That doesn't tell me there is zero upgrade, for I may still wonder, "Was it just not added to the list yet?"

 

Edit:

 

Also missing from your list; River City Girls 1, 2 and Zero all have free upgrades.

 

Thanks, I will add them shortly. I will try to add as many non-upgrade games as I can as well.

 

16 minutes ago, D4T-V4UL7_HUN7R_ said:

Can confirm Human Fall Flat :Dream Collection has free PS5 upgrade

 

Thanks. I'll add it in a few minutes.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now that I am home and can look at my actual collection:

 

All of these have free upgrades:

 

Afterimage
Alfred Hitchcock - Vertigo
Astria Ascending
Cobra Kai 2: Dojos Rising
CrisTales
Dead by Daylight

Dead Cells
Doki Doki Literature Club Plus!
Double Dragon Gaiden: Rise of the Dragons
Edge of Eternity
Eternights
The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie
Observer: System Redux
Octopath Traveler II
Pac-Man World Re-Pac
Raiden III x MIKADO MANIAX
Raiden IV x MIKADO remix
RPGolf Legends
Rustler
Shantae and the Seven Sirens
Star Ocean: The Second Story R
Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin
Trinity Trigger
Valkyrie Profile Elysium

 

None of these have upgrades:

 

Control (Original Release)
Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX 2
Observer
Shakedown Hawaii
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (Non-Ultimate Edition)

 

Edited by Apostrophe
Oops, missed Dead Cells.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Apostrophe said:

Now that I am home and can look at my actual collection:

 

All of these have free upgrades:

 

Afterimage
Alfred Hitchcock - Vertigo
Astria Ascending
Cobra Kai 2: Dojos Rising
CrisTales
Dead by Daylight

Dead Cells
Doki Doki Literature Club Plus!
Double Dragon Gaiden: Rise of the Dragons
Edge of Eternity
Eternights
The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie
Observer: System Redux
Octopath Traveler II
Pac-Man World Re-Pac
Raiden III x MIKADO MANIAX
Raiden IV x MIKADO remix
RPGolf Legends
Rustler
Shantae and the Seven Sirens
Star Ocean: The Second Story R
Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin
Trinity Trigger
Valkyrie Profile Elysium

 

None of these have upgrades:

 

Control (Original Release)
Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX 2
Observer
Shakedown Hawaii
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (Non-Ultimate Edition)

 

 

Added them. Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Update:

● Passed 300+ Games

● Moved all "The" games to their proper alphabetical spots 

● Slowly going through the PSN Store to find more games on disc that have a free upgrade (Currently on the letter "H")

 

Thanks to everyone who has contributed thus far.

 

Went through my library tonight. Found 6 games that have NO UPGRADE feature. If anyone knows any more, let me know. Thanks.

 

Photo-FOOTBALL-2024-6-12-21-25-4.jpg

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...