Trophy Thoughts

Love seeing all the old games get trophy support! Not too familiar with the game, but the list doesn't look too bad. Just do all the things and a bunch of misc stuff.

Auto-Toxic Asphyxiation is a pretty hilarious trophy though 😂

What do you think?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mr_Bandicoot93 said:

One question what means „ fall to its doom „ ? There are several trophies related to it. I’m German there are still some things I don’t perfectly understand the meaning from 

It means cause something to die by making it fall off a ledge. 🙂

Edited by FootsiePlay
typo

1 hour ago, Squirlruler said:

Love seeing all the old games get trophy support! Not too familiar with the game, but the list doesn't look too bad. Just do all the things and a bunch of misc stuff.

Auto-Toxic Asphyxiation is a pretty hilarious trophy though 😂

What do you think?

Other than the save 150 dudes, are any of the other ones missable? I played for a bit last night (first time playing it), and I have zero clue if I should be on the lookout for any of these.

List has been pretty fun though. Enjoying the game a lot.

17 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Other than the save 150 dudes, are any of the other ones missable? I played for a bit last night (first time playing it), and I have zero clue if I should be on the lookout for any of these.

Unless there's chapter select in this re-release, most of the trophies listed under Tee Total Chaos will be missable, but easy to obtain.

Does anyone know if cheats work in this port? There was a level select cheat on the original PS1 game and I'm wondering if that would work on this and therefore help get trophies.

Very chilled & laid back platinum for a series veterans. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you only basically need to:

- find one secret area

- save at least half of mudokons (there are 300 prisoners overall)

- complete the game

- die in a few ways (which is extremely easy considering how awesomely hard this classic gem is)

- fuck around with some fun/very easy misc sh1t

Oh, I rly CAN'T WAIT to get my hands on this one 😀 think I'll do a double plat. Rly like to see Abe's Oddysee getting trophies as well!

• Like 1

Looks to be a pretty fun and easy list.  Certainly easier than New N Tasty was, which wasn't difficult per se, but did require you to beat it on Hard and rescue every single Mudokon.

Definitely looking forward to playing this one.

• Like 1

After you blow up a place, I assume you can't return to said place? I just got through the mines so I guess I can't go back and get the Soulstorm brew trophy?

EDIT: OH HELL YEAH, YOU CAN GO BACK! Teleporter is shortly after you go through a bit of a jungle area. Takes you right back to the Soulbrew machine for the trophy! 

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

Did some testing and it looks like cheats disable trophies.

I did level select and died on a bonesaw drill and the trophy didn't pop. Started a new game and got the trophy for discovering a secret area. Then did the invincibility cheat and didn't get a trophy for slapping a Slig, even when I turned off the cheat as well.

So no cheats at all. Which is fine with me, was just wondering as I may write a guide.

EDIT:

Hmm, I had slapped a Slig from the shadows yet got the trophy when doing it in the open and running away. Guess I'll test Invincibility elsewhere!

EDIT 2:

Invincibility doesn't stop you dying from a great fall but it does stop you getting the trophy. Not like cheats are needed since the Rewind feature is a godsend, but good to know.

Edited by Asher1985

35 minutes ago, IX_Edinho_XI said:

Can anyone tell me how to get the "Just wave and smile abe" trophy? Just finished the game and thats the last trophy i need.

Just go to one of the creepy smiley Roboters with the lasers like the one in the main hall in I think Feeco Depot. Then just say Hi/Hello. That’s it. So Hi like you do to your Mudokon Friends if you wanna greet someone 

Edited by Mr_Bandicoot93

2 hours ago, mike_87 said:

Bombs away trophy has bugged on me, hoping theres a fix sharply.

Its not bugged for me on the PS5 playing PS4 edition PAL, in the mines levels there is a Propeller Slig that chases Abe, you are able to possess this guy at another point in the mines and take him up to deal with some Sligs and have to take him through some bone drills too.  I recommend frequently quicksaving in the game it will save you.

Here is a old video from Pathrogas on Youtube which shows at 32 mins and 42 seconds in, where you need to possess the flying propeller Slig to go and throw some bombs on some other sligs [ the trophy should pop here ], make sure you are careful not to get shot yourself as Sligs know when you are a possessed Slig and shoot after they say Freeze! So you have to be quick to throw a bomb which is the Circle button on its own. 

None of the trophies are missable, later levels will be quite intense though.  I suggest writing down all the Gamespeak [ Sligs, Glukkons, Scrabs, Paramites and talking to your mates ]as you are going to need to learn it off by half.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alexandra-jane09 said:

None of the trophies are missable

This isn't true at all. Quite a few trophies are missable. Slapping Sligs and Glukkons, getting killed whilst possessing a Slig, the various dying methods, equipping pants on a Slig, for example  

Edited by Asher1985

4 hours ago, Element_Razor said:

Do you have a ps4?

Not now no

4 hours ago, alexandra-jane09 said:

Its not bugged for me on the PS5 playing PS4 edition PAL, in the mines levels there is a Propeller Slig that chases Abe, you are able to possess this guy at another point in the mines and take him up to deal with some Sligs and have to take him through some bone drills too.  I recommend frequently quicksaving in the game it will save you.

Here is a old video from Pathrogas on Youtube which shows at 32 mins and 42 seconds in, where you need to possess the flying propeller Slig to go and throw some bombs on some other sligs [ the trophy should pop here ], make sure you are careful not to get shot yourself as Sligs know when you are a possessed Slig and shoot after they say Freeze! So you have to be quick to throw a bomb which is the Circle button on its own. 

None of the trophies are missable, later levels will be quite intense though.  I suggest writing down all the Gamespeak [ Sligs, Glukkons, Scrabs, Paramites and talking to your mates ]as you are going to need to learn it off by half.   

Yeah i tried bombs away in another area too and still wont pop

15 hours ago, lindamacintosh_ said:

does anyone know if the see no evil trophy is bugged or has to be done in the mines? cause I did it in in the brewery and it didnt work

It looks like you got the platinum so is it not bugged?

If it seems buggy, you can post it here and maybe get it fixed for others. From my understanding, they will pass it off to the proper channels for us.

Apologies to the folks who have seen me post this several times. I'm sure it's getting a bit redundant. I enjoy playing these classics and want to see others enjoy these games too without having issues with trophies. :)

• Like 2