Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
van_beano

Sparktacular Trophy

11 posts in this topic

The one where you've to Collect all the Hundredsparkles using Kutaro.

This might be a silly question considering what it says in the trophy description but does anyone know Is it possible to get this trophy by using Ying-Yang or Pikarina to pick them up and drag them over to Kutaro?

You need to do this with Kutaro only, no help from Ying-Yang or Pikarina, it's what it says in the guide anyway! I'm in the proccess of doing this trophy myself and I can say there are some very hard to reach areas, therefore, turn to this vid: http://www.nicovideo...atch/sm21831159 You need to register, just translate to english and it'll work in a jiffy! If you want a text guide, check here: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/puppeteer/guide/

Thanks Dragoontooth for the link, will check it out. I'll play it safe and use Kutaro only, I was halfway through doing this trophy when I stopped just to get clarification on it. Have been concentrating on finding all the Secret Head Locations since, only about 4 more to go, easy enough when using the guides.

I have submitted a guide to this site that has listed all the areas and suggestions as to how to get them.  It should be up soon.

Thanks Worker Bee, will keep an eye out for it if I don't complete it beforehand,

Opps, meant Sir Bee, apologies :)

After I collect one of these hundredsparkles, do I need to advance to the next checkpoint or can I just quit to the chapter select screen?

As far as I can see I've collected them all using kutaro only but the trophy hasn't popped, I always quit out to the chapter screen after I collected each one, maybe that's the problem. Can anyone confirm this?

You must go to the nearest checkpoint so it saves your progress.

I'm starting my 3rd playthrough to try and get this trophy... pretty sure i collected all of them on my second one but still no trophy... i know if i die i have to recollected it again but anyone knows if that also aplies for the ones in all level or just from the zone i died? Also if i quit after going to a new zone "through the yellow rotating thing" is enough to save?

I had trouble with this trophy too, then I found out that the last missing one was inside the Matryoshka bear in 1-1. I remember I previously collected it with Kutaro - I used a PS Move just to tap the doll, but I didn't grab the hundredsparkle with it. So, for those who are having trouble, I advise you to remember which hundredsparkles you exclusively collected using the second controller, even if you didn't grab them with it, and try to collect them again with 1 player only.

And no, you don't need to go to the next checkpoint to save it. The second to last hundredsparkle for me was in 7-2 - where you need to use the shield only - and I exited to the main screen immediately after I got it.

Edited by RainyDusk

I am struggling with this one too, the one where you are riding Mr Pink and its out of reach about a spiky bit and the bounce pad.  The guide says to get hit by the spikes ie get hurt and use the space with the bounce pad to bounce and reach the hundredsparkle but I cannot get Kuturo cannot reach it that way.  They should have had a platforming [ cutting ] bit there imo.  I love platformers but at the same time they annoy me with out of reach collectibles.  Would be nice to get the Platinum for this rare game.