Recommend any kids VR games?

My two nieces are coming to my house at the weekend. 9 and 10 year olds. They have told me they want to have a go on the PSVR. Can anyone recommend any kids games for them to play? I’ve got a few games but they aren’t really suitable for them. I’ve got Job Simulator which they might find fun. Astro bot too. Anything else? 

Posted (edited)

The Playroom VR was a HALL OF FAMER with my younger cousins because it has co-op multiplayer in VR. If you have two ps4 controllers, they can play Robots Rescue and Toy Wars in co-op (one of them uses the headset and the other uses the TV screen to play, and they can switch places). There are also other minigames in The Playroom VR that engage the 2 players. Overall, it's ideal to show off psvr1 to newcomers, and to play a VR game with local multiplayer.

Another one that is free and guaranteed to be something that they will like is the O My Genesis VR demo. Really cute and entertaining game. The demo also has 30% of the entire game for free, making it the best VR demo I ever tried.

Pirate flight is also free and it's a VR flight game. However, I would leave it for last. None of the other games mentioned here will trigger motion sickness, but this one can do it for a new VR player. It's a "flying plane" game after all. Regardless, it's still a good choice to try after the others and it's free.

From the ones that you have to buy, the good choices I remember that work for all ages are: Moss, Astro Bot, Lucky's Tale, and Moonshot Galaxy (a cute golf game).

Also, almost everyone likes the popular rhythm games, such as Beat Saber and Synth Riders.

I would pick these 5 for you: The Playroom VR, O my Genesis VR, Moss, Astro Bot Rescue Mission, Synth Riders.

WARNING: Your nieces will want to visit you every weekend after that 🤣

EDIT: I forgot about Fujii. Very highly recommended too. Astro Bot is not the psvr1 game with the nicest "happy world" vibes; it is Fujii.

Edited by ValkerianCreator
  • Like 3

On 7/6/2024 at 10:50 AM, ValkerianCreator said:

The Playroom VR was a HALL OF FAMER with my younger cousins because it has co-op multiplayer in VR. If you have two ps4 controllers, they can play Robots Rescue and Toy Wars in co-op (one of them uses the headset and the other uses the TV screen to play, and they can switch places). There are also other minigames in The Playroom VR that engage the 2 players. Overall, it's ideal to show off psvr1 to newcomers, and to play a VR game with local multiplayer.

Another one that is free and guaranteed to be something that they will like is the O My Genesis VR demo. Really cute and entertaining game. The demo also has 30% of the entire game for free, making it the best VR demo I ever tried.

Pirate flight is also free and it's a VR flight game. However, I would leave it for last. None of the other games mentioned here will trigger motion sickness, but this one can do it for a new VR player. It's a "flying plane" game after all. Regardless, it's still a good choice to try after the others and it's free.

From the ones that you have to buy, the good choices I remember that work for all ages are: Moss, Astro Bot, Lucky's Tale, and Moonshot Galaxy (a cute golf game).

Also, almost everyone likes the popular rhythm games, such as Beat Saber and Synth Riders.

I would pick these 5 for you: The Playroom VR, O my Genesis VR, Moss, Astro Bot Rescue Mission, Synth Riders.

WARNING: Your nieces will want to visit you every weekend after that 🤣

EDIT: I forgot about Fujii. Very highly recommended too. Astro Bot is not the psvr1 game with the nicest "happy world" vibes; it is Fujii.

Thanks for the reply man. Yes they absolutely loved it and want to come again 😂😂😂 all they wanted to do was go on job simulator. They went on playroom vr and the astro bot rescue demo. But they went back to job simulator every time. 

On 7/4/2024 at 5:16 PM, Radford999 said:

9 and 10 year olds. They have told me they want to have a go on the PSVR. 

Be careful, it might hurt their necks due to the headset's weight.

• Like 1

Just to note,like it's been said already VR isn't made for kids. Most headsets have a rule that 13 years old is the minimum.

Kids under playing can have neck injuries and kids are generally clumsy and can quite easily lead to damage on the headset once they fall, which will most likely happen.

I generally avoid giving kids VR, both due to danger to them and the headset.

But it's up to you if you wanna do such a risky move.

On 7/9/2024 at 8:49 AM, Prometheous101 said:

Just to note,like it's been said already VR isn't made for kids. Most headsets have a rule that 13 years old is the minimum.

Kids under playing can have neck injuries and kids are generally clumsy and can quite easily lead to damage on the headset once they fall, which will most likely happen.

I generally avoid giving kids VR, both due to danger to them and the headset.

But it's up to you if you wanna do such a risky move.

Did it last week. It was absolutely fine and they really enjoyed it. 

• Like 2

The recommendation that people are 13 before using VR doesn't have anything to do with neck strain, but rather to do with concerns with proper eye development. Kids eyes before age 13 are still rapidly developing, and there is concern (but not actual evidence yet) that using VR may adversely affect that development. So VR manufacturers put a warning on to cover their asses.

There is some recent evidence that VR might not affect eye development at all: https://www.aao.org/eyenet/article/vr-headsets-may-be-safe-for-young-children

9 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

The recommendation that people are 13 before using VR doesn't have anything to do with neck strain, but rather to do with concerns with proper eye development. Kids eyes before age 13 are still rapidly developing, and there is concern (but not actual evidence yet) that using VR may adversely affect that development. So VR manufacturers put a warning on to cover their asses.

There is some recent evidence that VR might not affect eye development at all: https://www.aao.org/eyenet/article/vr-headsets-may-be-safe-for-young-children

I have yet to see any clamoring that kids under 13 might have neck strain over AR/VR units, and generally read into the recommendation so manufacturers can deny potential warranty services as the AR/VR units are generally costly and kids under 13 are generally known for lack of coordination and poor handling of expensive things.

People have been clamoring about children's eye development forever, and my optometrist believed too much reading (books!!) on my side potentially caused my astigmatism. There's a little bit of potential in all these claims, but just like every other recommendation, it's up to the parent and child to determine what potential risk they're willing to accept.

• Like 1

My daughter has been playing VR for a long time. The age restriction is only a CYA thing since there's no proof either way. As always, use moderation and make sure they aren't playing when it's blurry. Since VR simulates distance you won't get the normal issues with things being too close or too far. It seems like you already had your event but Job Sim, Vacation Sim, and Cosmnious High are all by the same dev and all great. We also enjoyed What the Bat quite a bit. Just be careful you have enough space for that one.