Favorite Books?

jackattack1398

If it hasn't been said Ready Player One is my all time favorite book and it the future and virtual reality, being made into a movie soon but totally read the book first!

Another book I enjoy is fallen angels by Walter Dean Myers, it's about the Vietnam war.

Finally, a book I really enjoyed was called pirate latitudes by michael crichton.  A great pirate story with a killer ending.

• Like 1

I used to read a lot more in the past then I do today. Nowadays I mostly read books required for my lectures. Since I'm German, two of my most loved books are from Germany.

1. Krabat by Otfried Preussler. It's an older book which I had to read in seventh grade. It is up to today the only book from school I really loved. It's also available in English and got a well-made movie.

2. Museum der gestohlenen Erinnerungen (tr. The museum of stolen memories) by Ralf Isau. Urban Fantasy based on different mythologies, mainly Sumerian. I really loved this book and it kinda has some Dan Brown flair with the characters trying to discover the identity of a forgotten god through the ages to get back to their stolen memories. But I think, it never got translated into English. Unfortunately.

From English literature, I would gladly put the following books on my top 3:

1. Skulduggery Pleasant series by Derek Landy. I own the first seven books, but only read until the mid of book five. Even though I love his sarcasm and humour and the general plot. Definitely recommend them for every fan of Urban Fantasy.

2. Truth Series by Dawn Cook. I thought it sounded interesting. Little did I know that I found one of my most loved books behind such a simple name.

3. His Dark Materials by Philip Pulman. I first saw the movie The Golden Compass. I loved it. Then I read the book. I started to hate the movie and love the book. It got a bit confusing in the last book but nonetheless my third place on favorite books.

Honorary mentions: Harry Potter, because that was my first book series ever and I still like it a lot even though I'm not really in the fandom.

I enjoy reading quite a bit, I generally try to avoid modern literature but there is the occasional exception. My standouts are:

The Wind-up Bird Chronicle - Haruki Murakami

The Great Gatsby, Tender is the Night - F. Scott Fitzgerald 

The Lord of the Rings -  J.R.R Tolkien

The Catcher in the Rye - J.D Salinger 

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland - Lewis Carroll

Inspector Imanishi Investigates - Seicho Matsumoto

Light in August - William Faulkner

The Centaur - John Updike

Animal Farm - George Orwell

And strangely a photobook about aquarium design, the images are just gorgeous.

Nature Aqarium Complete Works 1985-2009 - Takashi Amano

I pretty much love anything by Stephen King, who is my favorite author, such as "The Shining" or "The Gunslinger". 

The "Lord of the Rings" books are also up there as some of my favorite reads. 

Some others include: "Lord of the Flies", "Fahrenheit 451", "Brave New World", "Heart of Darkness". I read them all going through school and they just kinda stuck.

• Like 1

Really only ever read to pass time quicker in school so very rarely have i read anything since graduating but my favorites would be...

Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks

Harry Potter series by J K Rowling

Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paloni  

Bartimaeus Trilogy by Johnathan Stroud 

Warrior series by Erin Hunter >_> After the first 12 books it started falling off for me but i did like it while it lasted.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

I'm a big reader of biography/auto-biographies.

My best are:

David Goggins - Can't Hurt Me - such an inspiration for life...

Anthony Kiedis - Scar Tissue - this guy should be dead right now...

Dan Bilzerian - The Setup - how he does what he does, is anyone's gues...

• Like 1