Favorite Youtube videos

Death

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Slava said:

Wait. Was that an Akira slide at 0:33? 1f601.png

Yep ? When they did Batman TAS back then they would outsource some scenes to a Japanese studio and it was pretty obvious with some scenes but I'm not sure if that one in particular is one of them. It's kind of funny seeing the older Western animated shows referencing that bike slide though. Probably my first introduction to it as far as I know was that and the 2003 Clone Wars bit (the video lists it as 2008) but it went over my head since I didn't know Akira was a thing back then. ?

Edited by Redgrave
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A great interview (if you can even call a man just laying down tons of knowledge on you that) with the Crash Bandicoot co-creator Andy Gavin. A very smart, intelligent, creative, and just fascinating man. It was very interesting to hear about all the ingenious ways he squeezed out the juices out of PS1 hardware to make the game run as well as it did. Even hacking PS1 to get the extra bit of memory he's not supposed to have. 

This is the short version of the video, I really like how they did the editing, some transitions and visualizations are very cool. But if you want more, there's also a 2-hour version with more details.

• Like 2