Until Dawn for PlayStation 5 coming this Autumn.

I've noticed no one had made a topic about this until now. Around a month ago, it was announced that a remastered, PS5 port, or whatever you want to call it, will be released in Autumn 2024, hopefully with no delays. Here's a link to the trailer. From the looks of it, the graphics and performance will be better, and according to some comments under the video, there seem to be some additions, like new scenes 👀. I'm not 100% sure there will be a new stack of trophies, but I'm more than confident about it. So, are you looking forward to it? Personally, I will wait for a few years due to a long backlog, and will not get it unless on a 50% sale.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, PortaLuna said:

I'm curious if this will offer a $10 upgrade option for owners of the PS4 version. 

Hopefully it's free. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LukeTheGooner said:

I platted this back in the day and never again for me, it's fun but way too many playthroughs

Yeah same, I loved playing through the game and getting the platinum but I don't need to do it again.

13 hours ago, Helyx said:

Hopefully it's free. 

I don’t know why you would expect this, the amount of effort their putting into it, it’s definitely gonna be worth full price.

38 minutes ago, Squarevii87 said:

A remaster that nobody asked for

There’s a lot of great things that nobody asked for. This is no different.

9 hours ago, LukeTheGooner said:

I platted this back in the day and never again for me, it's fun but way too many playthroughs

Optimize it, it’s probably gonna have a different list anyway. 

14 hours ago, PortaLuna said:

I'm curious if this will offer a $10 upgrade option for owners of the PS4 version. I purchased the PS4 version a few months ago when it was on sale for about $10 or so in anticipation of this.

Doubt it, they’re doing enough to it to make it a technically different game. They’re gonna wanna charge full price.

7 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

I don’t know why you would expect this, the amount of effort their putting into it, it’s definitely gonna be worth full price.

Not trying to start an argument, but the original wasn't worth full price.

I'm also hoping the PS5 release of Predator: Hunting Grounds is a free upgrade as well.

2 hours ago, Helyx said:

Not trying to start an argument, but the original wasn't worth full price.

I'm also hoping the PS5 release of Predator: Hunting Grounds is a free upgrade as well.

Pretty sure I bought Until Dawn at full price at launch back in 2015. $59.99 if I remember right.

3 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

$59.99

Yeah, no chance. This game (including the original) should be (at most) $29.99 at launch. Unless it's free, I'll never touch it.

• Haha 1

On 7/10/2024 at 1:55 AM, Helyx said:

Hopefully it's free. 

One of the things that really annoys me about this console generation is how quickly it's been accepted by the Playstation community that Sony will charge an upgrade fee, as if £70 for a game and increasing PS+ prices weren't enough. The PC community would never tolerate something like this.

That said, this seems to be a full graphical remake so I'll reserve judgement until release. 

• 2 weeks later...