What kind of game is Hyperdimension PP?

It's an idol simulator. I heard it was really bad.

I've heard There's only 5 songs to.

Bleh doesn't sound like my cup of tea, certainly shouldnt be my 1st Hyperdimension game. Thanks for the info doods

It's an idol simulator. I heard it was really bad.

I've heard There's only 5 songs to.

From what I'm seeing, only reviewers say it's bad, but I'm hearing from a lot of gamers (Mainly Neptunia fans) are liking it.

Bleh doesn't sound like my cup of tea, certainly shouldnt be my 1st Hyperdimension game. Thanks for the info doods

I'd say just wait for Re;Birth 1 to come out at the end of July. I'm just going to wait for that one.

Edited by BlueFireReaper

Would I need to play any other Hyperdimension game beforehand?

Re;Birth1 is a remake of the original, and from what I have heard, it's a better modified story compared to the original game and uses the same battle mechanics as mk2 and Victory. Overall, a better game than the original.

From what I know, they are remaking all of the main games onto the Vita as Re;Birth2 is already out in Japan.

I thought the game was a full fletched visual novel with idol elements. Wich means 90% of the time you'll be scrolling through text and reading. 

And besides, about the reviews. Ign games Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory a 5.4 out of 10. And it's easily best out of the 3 released.. Don't look at official reviews like ign, gamespot or metacritic when it comes to these niche games...

Edited by xZoneHunter

I thought the game was a full fletched visual novel with idol elements. Wich means 90% of the time you'll be scrolling through text and reading. 

And besides, about the reviews. Ign games Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory a 5.4 out of 10. And it's easily best out of the 3 released.. Don't look at official reviews like ign, gamespot or metacritic when it comes to these niche games...

I dont even trust reviews

If you're a fan of the Neptunia games, then by all means you will most likely enjoy this game (even though it is not part of the rpg franchise). Plus, you can skip a majority of the text in order to cut down the game time. However, like most visual novel games, there are trophies for getting 100% events with all characters (thankfully it's only 4 that you need to worry about), but there is no way to track what events you have already seen.

LOL, so looks like you aren't enjoying HDN. As a fan of NIS games I'm going to have to try the HDN games myself

It is honestly the sorriest excuse for an RPG I've ever seen. Terrible story, terrible characters, terrible audio, there are only THREE different environments (recycled about 50x each). The battle mechanics. Wow. They are bad. I guess playing these games is an exercise in seeing how bad an RPG can actually get.

It is honestly the sorriest excuse for an RPG I've ever seen. Terrible story, terrible characters, terrible audio, there are only THREE different environments (recycled about 50x each). The battle mechanics. Wow. They are bad. I guess playing these games is an exercise in seeing how bad an RPG can actually get.

Whaaa? The cast is the main reason why the series is popular in the first place.

But if you're not a fan of compile hearts games, then yeah you wouldn't like it.... They have a kinda love it or hate it, style of making games.

Edited by xZoneHunter

@doods ignore him. In regards to your question, you don't have to play any of the other HDN games if you don't want to. If, for example, you choose to play Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory first, then you won't be missing out on much of the previous games other than getting to know a bit about the other characters. But again Victory does well with catching up on the details.

Edited by GarciaFever

I am a bit iffy on this one... i liked the first 2 but hated victory very much... but that is just my thoughs.  Im still going to get this one becuse honestly i like the trophy images lol... yes i like all the game trophy images... though i hated victory id have to say its so far my favorite platnuim image!

I am a bit iffy on this one... i liked the first 2 but hated victory very much... but that is just my thoughs.  Im still going to get this one becuse honestly i like the trophy images lol... yes i like all the game trophy images... though i hated victory id have to say its so far my favorite platnuim image!

The trophies are funny, I especially love the descriptions for each one, but the game itself only has 5 songs and the main game play is basically timing your special effects to raise the audience excitement, also you can raise your idols stats to improve their performance in concerts.

PP Idol... Whoops wrong name. Producing Perfection is alright depending on what you take of it. If you're like me and can stand repetitiveness (Like sitting doing the same thing over and over) not so good. If you don't mind going through and playing this game multiple times then it might be for you. In my honest opinion this is really NIS America trying to suck money out of the fan base... And i'm a sucker for this stuff. Seeing as i've gotten all the games physically in Japanese and English. But overall this game doesn't do much. I recommend getting the 1st game and play the games in order. This isn't canon but if it was it probably would take part somewhere during Victory.

• Like 2

Why didn't you like Victory? o.O Imo it's the peak of Neptunia games...

PP Idol... Whoops wrong name. Producing Perfection is alright depending on what you take of it. If you're like me and can stand repetitiveness (Like sitting doing the same thing over and over) not so good. If you don't mind going through and playing this game multiple times then it might be for you. In my honest opinion this is really NIS America trying to suck money out of the fan base... And i'm a sucker for this stuff. Seeing as i've gotten all the games physically in Japanese and English. But overall this game doesn't do much. I recommend getting the 1st game and play the games in order. This isn't canon but if it was it probably would take part somewhere during Victory.

Considering there's no Plutie, CPU candidates and oracles, I would say it's somewhere between original and mk2.

So I guess both Atlus and NIS are guilty of producing crap.

Then again I can't say this for certain in the Neptunia department, just the design of the characters are just flat out boring.

Plus idol management isn't really anything I'm interested in.

I've read that, on this thread, the characters are what the people like, but that's a bit broad. I mean I very much doubt they are written very well.

Edited by HeroMAXD
  • Like 1