Which game's trophy set helped you Break Free! from a "Perfectionist 100% trophy log habit"?

I know some(not all) people, only get games they feel/know they can 100%; which kinda takes away the "Play games for Fun" phase out of some.

These Days I want to %100 every game I own, but thanks to "Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3" & "White Knight Chronicles 2". It has given me a "It's okay to not Finish A Game In My Trophy Log" Outlook. 

So Yeah which game has(If you ever felt this way) helped break you from having to I guess have a 100% Trophy Log Completion?

Edited by DarknessKey92

on my old account it was ico, its not hard but yorda ... shes a pleb and wants to be kidnapped so who am i to try and save her. we have 2 hours , and shes taking in the sights and climbing up and down ladders. :shakefist:
and im sure catherine which is actually hard, when i play that again.

• Like 3

I'm having a hard time with some trophies for Catherine and SSIV but that doesn't mean it would break my 100% streak. My OCD will hunt me down and I will end up getting 100% on both at some point.

The reasons I would absolutely give up on 100%

• Multiplayer trophies no longer obtainable for closed severs.
  • Glitched trophies impossible to obtain.
  • Specific cases like Lost Planet 2/ Fight Night Round
Edited by Aexuz

I didn't have 100% at the time, and I never really cared  about 100%, but the first trophy I actually wanted to earn that I gave up on was the complete challenge mode on Vanquish.. I tried going back to it after a break, but the controls were very different to other games, and I had lost my touch with the game. Is on the shelf until I pluck the courage to try again. :(

Oh just a little game by the name of Persona 4 Arena. Score Attack on there is the most sadistic game mode ever created! It is so hard and beating it once is extremely hard. Thing is you have to beat it with each character which means you have to beat it 13 TIMES! Also some of the combos are tough too. Some combos require such precise timing that if you are even a millisecond off you wont complete the combo. Safe to say I'll never get this platinum.

on my old account it was ico, its not hard but yorda ... shes a pleb and wants to be kidnapped so who am i to try and save her. we have 2 hours , and shes taking in the sights and climbing up and down ladders. :shakefist:
and im sure catherine which is actually hard, when i play that again.

Man I despise Yorda so much, screwed me over so many times on my under 2 hour play through.

Edited by Mr P doods

Nier. I fell in love with the game when it came out around May 2010. It was one of the first game that I honestly wanted to 100%. I spend the rest of 2010 and some of 2011 trying to 100% Nier. I spend countless hours grinding materials for the weapon upgrade. I had all weapons upgraded besides for 4 weapons. I spend countless more hours grinding the rare materials for these weapons but no improvement. Every now and then I would catch myself up by rereading tips online to grind the materials and would try again for countless more hours with no progress. 

Also, Catherine is another one. Although I did unlock all endings, I didn't know that you had to view all the ending credits for the "Dreams Come True" trophy. I skipped a couple of the ending credits and didn't know which ones. I didn't want to play the game multiple time again to view all the endings. Rapunzel couldn't keep my attention either so I just stop.

Sniper Ghost Warrior 2

I can't even begin to describe just how sucky this game was. Won this game in a competition (with a pair of turtle beach headphones) and was keen to give it a go. What I got was a jumbled mess of corridor sniping that gets old, fast. The clunky controls and muddy textures didn't exactly help.

But it was the ONLINE that really grinds my gears. Got kicked out of my first 5 games; lack of game modes and awful lag really ruined the experience. Playing the requisite amount of games just wasn't going to happen.

It was after this point that I made a vow to NEVER go for trophies where I either didn't enjoy the game, or the game was broken to such a degree that it would have been an exercise in frustration to get them.

One of my first PS3 games The Lord of the Rings: Conquest is impossible to Platinum due to the servers being down, I remember being sooo disappointed when I found out because I want to make it my first Platinum so after that I didn't give a shit about trophies until I gain my first Platinum from Hyperdimension Neptunia instead, now I try to collect as much trophies as possible but I don't want to 100% everything since some of my games is impossible to Platinum.

I'm not so OCD about 100%, but I hate to have very low percentages in games, something like 15% or 20% of the trophies in games. However, I have some low percentages in my collection for different reasons:

- Unreasonable amounts of grinding. The first game I basically gave up even before finish was FF XIII. I just can't play jRPGs anymore, the grinding is normally offensive. I made the mistake of download Soul Sacrifice when it was free for PS+ and again got overwhelmed by the outrageous grinding.

- Games that demand high skills. Despite my 30+ years playing, my skills are very limited (I have to point out that I finish Battletoads for the NES without gameshark or any kind of cheating, though. I know few people can claim that), therefore, games that demand a lot of precision and reflexes are tough for me. The greatest example is Ibb & Obb. There's a fine line between challenging and frustrating and no one does it better than nintendo. Many people try to tackle that and end up with aberrations like Ibb & Obb. My wife and I managed to finish the game together (coop), but I can't imagine how a human being can finish that game alone.

-  Games with a ton of online trophies. I guess that's kind of the main enemy of any trophy whore and somehow falls into the first category of grinding. I guess this one can be optimized with gaming sessions with other people from the site, but I haven't tried that yet.

• Like 2

I'm not so OCD about 100%, but I hate to have very low percentages in games, something like 15% or 20% of the trophies in games. However, I have some low percentages in my collection for different reasons:

- Unreasonable amounts of grinding. The first game I basically gave up even before finish was FF XIII. I just can't play jRPGs anymore, the grinding is normally offensive. I made the mistake of download Soul Sacrifice when it was free for PS+ and again got overwhelmed by the outrageous grinding.

- Games that demand high skills. Despite my 30+ years playing, my skills are very limited (I have to point out that I finish Battletoads for the NES without gameshark or any kind of cheating, though. I know few people can claim that), therefore, games that demand a lot of precision and reflexes are tough for me. The greatest example is Ibb & Obb. There's a fine line between challenging and frustrating and no one does it better than nintendo. Many people try to tackle that and end up with aberrations like Ibb & Obb. My wife and I managed to finish the game together (coop), but I can't imagine how a human being can finish that game alone.

-  Games with a ton of online trophies. I guess that's kind of the main enemy of any trophy whore and somehow falls into the first category of grinding. I guess this one can be optimized with gaming sessions with other people from the site, but I haven't tried that yet.

Believe It or Not, I was able to 100% Ibb & Obb by myself. The only time I had to get help from my friend who visited on that day, was in the last level after you make the run where the many small balls kill the huge Spikes chasing you. All I needed him for was to get the other crystals that would get to the other side of the screen. Looking back he only got the 3 that were on his side as i got all the rest.

That's the only time in the whole game I had help in. The rest I did alone, and you are honestly better off doing it alone for 2 reasons:

1) you have better Synch, since you do not have to depend on another person increasing stress levels between the 2 of you.

2)You can kinda go the whole level having 1 off them on top of the other's head the whole time, until you hit the spots where you need to use both. If you take your time, and plan it right you can get by pretty easily.

I mean the only controls you have alone is the L&R3 sticks. When we did coop; I literally WTF?'ed over having to use x to jump. 

And Yes there were some spots that were just plain BS, example are:

The mid air Timed jumps to reach places.

IDK which secret crystal it was, but it's the one that has the pink bubble line that expects some form of perfect timing. I honestly can't believe i managed that, it felt like my fingers were on their own mind.

A lot of the Secret Crystals Levels had their own unique crap to deal with.

Having to No damage the levels, or get every crystal droped quickly or else you have to restart. 

• Like 1

While I don't have 100% in Sine Mora (and NGS+, but I'm planning to return to it eventually) and have some impossible to complete games (4, actually, but soon one will be patched) they are not stopping me from "perfectionist habit" ;) (by habit I mean not avoiding hard games but an a strong effort to achieve 100%).

GTA IV, I really loved this game but then I saw the "Endangered Species" and the "Wanted" trophies. These are my most hated trophy types collection and an online level grind. After seeing this I decided I don't need every single trophy. I still knock out some grind trophies here and there but I try to focus on having fun gaming.

I'm sure that developers must look at the trophy completion rates when determining what about their games worked, and what didn't, when designing the next installment. (For example, Sucker Punch said that the fact that most players unlocked the "good" ending in InFamous 2 influenced their decision not to bring Cole back.)

Therefore, I am consciously avoiding the trophies for MP which I view as "tacked on" to games that, in my view, are better as SP only experiences. For example, I have all the SP trophies for Tomb Raider on PS4. I am not even interested in the MP ones. I hope that Square Enix gets the hint for Lara's next adventure.

I don't really try to get 100% precent in all my games i usually only go for the platinum when a game is either short, easy, or very fun & rewarding. However, i can list quite a few specific reasons why i have not completed some games in my collection:

1. Having to spend way too much time in multiplayer in a game i didn't get for multiplayer (AC Brotherhood, AC4, Tomb Raider, batman Arkham Origins, GTA V)

2. Way too time-consuming (Injustice, Mortal Kombat, Jetpack Joyride, GTA V)

3. Simply too difficult (Street Fighter 4 Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Shadow Of The Colossus)

I also don't like trophies that need you to have friends playing the game, in my opinion a trophy should represent my own abilities and dedication, not the fact that i looked up a boosting thread on the internet. And then there are games that i borrowed from a friend but require me to have a season pass.