Have you been looked down upon because of trophies?

Quin-Lann

I mean who haven't? Alot of people believe trophies are a waste of time with no real value to them ... the REAL question should be do we honestly give a rat's  ass?

Uuuummmmm No!!! I am not putting down the guys that have trophies but no I don't.

Edited by StingRay7495

I don't usually talk about them, but once I wanted to show how many games (because of trophies lol) I played so I went into this website  I they're like ''Hey look how many trophies he's got'' I was like its not much (few hundreds) and they're like ''I only have about 30,your awesome'' and I was like Fuck Yeah :3

Its never come up in a conversation tbh.

I've never tried to pick up a girl by saying " Hey, I got the GT5 platinum, fancy coming back to my place?".

Trophies are only meaningful to those who earn them, so if someone doesn't understand it doesn't bother me. Theres more important things in life to worry about.

I love to earn trophies, some of my friends just ask me why i still play a game after completing that main story, i explain is just for a trophy ( Platinum ), but nowadays they know me like a trophy hunter because they don't have any chance to catch me now xD

But they like to make the easy trophies, just are too lazy to get some of them.

Anyways they respect my choice, i record for youtube so i try to aim to how to get some trophies, is fun :)

Note: If people say that you are wasting your life, make sure you ask them who know how to chose the path of your life, and what them do in free time? Maybe drinking and smoking , drugs? That's better?  

Have I been looked down upon for my trophies? Not at all, I think people prefer to look down on me for "other" reasons... like eating strawberries with honey instead of whipped cream or chocolate. I love gaming and enjoy my journey with trophies so even if I was looked down upon for that reason alone it will just motivate me to go further.

My friends are hunters like me and we are in constant competition :P

But when we talk about games we usually talk about the industry and new games coming out. Some people have mentioned that ye either have people who just play multiplayer games like CoD and Battlefield and others who play a variety of games and trophy hunt, me and mates do a mix of the both. We have a certain outlook, the platinums that make up you collection is more important then the size of it so we try to go for hard ones and ones from games we enjoy.

I don't get why people would look down on someone for having a impressive amount of trophies, most trophy sets are designed for you to experience ever aspect of a game, so if you like the game, then platinuming it is a nice goal, a sign of completion.....and most people have a bit of a completionist in them anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure that as soon as I get out of school my trophy hunting days will be over. I just do this now because I have nothing better to do. Plus, I started trophy hunting because I didn't have many games so I tried to squeeze as much of my old games as possible. Now I have a load of games and I really don't feel like playing most of them.

So yeah to get on topic, I'm in a school in a country where no one has anything to do, so no one gets to look down on me. 

I can't say anyones looked down on me before. They ask why I do it and it's just simply to get the most out of my games. Every time I get asked to go out I go out, I go to the gym almost every day, I go out on weekends.

So it doesn't really bother me what people think because I still do the more important things, it's just a hobby and like most hobbies you enjoy doing it.

There is also nothing ever to do so why not, people sit in front of the TV all the time watching all their stuff that everyone watches.

Gamings just the same but without all the BS.

Most of the time people call me a trophy whore but i don't mind it since (i hope) they're just kidding. Then there's those people who are trophy hunters and they respect me just like i respect them. Then there's those people who hacked their trophies and ask me if i did too and i say no and (i think) they start to stalk my timestamps to see if i hacked something.

I see trophies as a way to get more out of my games, say I play a game and I had planned on only beating it once. If it has easy enough trophies that won't take me 6 months to complete I'll take another few weeks with the game and get platinum. Unless we are talking about collectibles in which case Screw that, collectibles are just a pathetic excuse to lazy devs as "Replay Value"

Yes, but not with friends, My friends know im a trophy hunter and understand the concept,despite the fact that they dont do it. People who arnt my friends will say,"just because you have multiple platinums, dosent mean you are a true gamer." Well neither does playing 1000 hours worth of Call of Duty

It's kinda funny when you mention trophies to gaming friends,and they just look at you blankly,with no idea what you are talking about. I used to be like them,but now I realise you get so much more out of a game hunting for trophies.

• 9 years later...