Have you been looked down upon because of trophies?

Quin-Lann

I can't speak to being looked down upon by non trophy hunters, but I know certain people I know like to have a laugh about and look down upon i don't have as many hard plats as they do. Om not gonna name and shame they know who they are and I certainly know who they are. 

• Like 1

I had someone disrespecting me for my 36 Fragments of Midnight Platinum, defining it shovelware

I think few Ratalaika games played for the fun of it are ok, actual shovelware to me is Jumping Pizza and such.

Other than that, I have only received compliments.

I love my best friends they never looked down on me but one time I was trying to get the Ben 10 trophies on the PS4 because I also got the PS3 games because Ben was a part of me growing up and my best friend said while laughing 'You are still playing Ben10?!" and I get his point because Im close to 40s still playing kids games lol. I laughed and said "Dont judge meeee lol" and I added that I also bought the Ben10 briefs to compliment the game and we both started laughing ah fun times

Welp, none of my RL friends cares one bit for trophies. But no one looks down on me for my insatiable hunger!! 

Agreed with one of the prior people today in that the context has changed so much in the decade that has passed since this thread was created! A decade ago was a time before shovelware really existed, at least in its current form.

But hey, to each their own ofc. Not knocking it if it's your thing, as I know I fell prey to it a number of years ago when it first started!

I remember getting my first platinum on FF7 Remake a couple years ago and my friend said something like, "Wow I only have the platinum on Sekiro and Bloodborne because I played them too much." I know what it takes to get those plats; very deliberate choices. Some kind of flavor of humble shame. Otherwise no one really cares.

9 hours ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

I can't speak to being looked down upon by non trophy hunters, but I know certain people I know like to have a laugh about and look down upon i don't have as many hard plats as they do. Om not gonna name and shame they know who they are and I certainly know who they are. 

I should've mentioned I don't care what "they" think, just thought I'd mention my experience in case anyone had something similar or the same thing happen with anyone looking down upon them. Play what you want don't play to make other people happy, think a certain way about you or to please anyone, that pretty much can apply to most stuff in life. You'll never be able to please everybody no point in even trying.

• Like 1

I only talk about trophy hunting on this site, My brothers and I talk about games often but I hardly ever talk about trophy hunting I may mention it but they don’t really care.

As for being looked down upon for trophy hunting can’t say I have no, I would just ignore it anyway so would be someone’s waste of time. 

My friends don't care, they might find a bit odd how I spent countless of hours just to get a simple bronze trophy, for them it's all about playing a game and once they are done they jump to another one, excluding one which also like trophies as me.

Now online I did have few "superior" trophy hunter beliltle me not having x trophy or z trophy, we all share a niche hobby so the idea being an arrogant prick just baffles me at times.