My Catherine trophies are in JAPANESE?! WTF!

CaptainAskHole

Hi guys,

i was playing Catherine and the trophy pop-up in JAPANESE!

my psn is from North America and i bought it via psn (digital version)

the language of my console is not in japanese, how can it happen?

Anyone know how to revert it? I want an english trophy list please!  :rolleyes:

Edited by ivangutjahr

Apparently if you have your console languase set to anything but engrish it automatically makes trophies japanese. (and there is no way to fix it once the game registers to your account)

Edited by Ellie

Yeah bro wtf?! who does understand japanese? Jokes apart, if the language of your system during game installation was japanese you get the trophies in japanese. I've installed a game when my system language was temporary in english and i got english trophies names. After that i don't know if there is a way to revert it.

The same thing happened to me with one of the Dragon Ball Z games and when I researched into it if your system wasn't set to a particular version of english it would default your trophy list to Japanese. Annoyingly there was no way to revert it to English. All you can do is use another site (e.g the one we are on) to view the actual meanings of the trophies and track your progress.

There's a way to make them in english but only recomend it if you have PSN+

1 - Copy all your saves to the cloud
2 - Delete your user from your PS3 (better to have a second account so you don't have to download all your games/DLC from the store again)
3 - Create a new user, and recover your original PSN account
4 - Set your system to English (UK)
5 - Sync your trophies with the server to get them back on your PS3
6 - WITHOUT CHANGING YOUR SYSTYEM LANGUAGE boot the game and let it install the trophy data
7 - If you want you can then sync the trophies with Sony's servers and change the system to your language again.
8 - Just copy all your saves from the cloud to your system (you can do this one any time you want after recovering your account, but better save it for last in case you mess up somehow)

I had my Dragon Ball Raging Blast 2 trophies in Japanese and I did this when I changed my HDD to a larger one and now I have them in English. My SONY games where also in Portuguese but they where changed to English too.

• Like 2

What was the language of your ps3 at the time of installation? In my case it was not english and that's why the trophy set came out in japanese. I've simply changed my system language to english and this fixed the problem.(trophies still pop in japanese though)

• Like 1

Yeah bro wtf?! who does understand japanese? Jokes apart, if the language of your system during game installation was japanese you get the trophies in japanese. I've installed a game when my system language was temporary in english and i got english trophies names. After that i don't know if there is a way to revert it.

WTF?

I've always known that whether you bought a game from a US or EU PSN with their corresponding account, it will always be English regardless of what your default language in your system. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it will be Japanese if you have a japanese (or maybe any Southeast asian) account to access the JPN PSN and bought a JPN version of the game.

So what separates the US version to the EU version trophy lists bothers me after hearing this, they are both English in any sense, lol.

My account defaults to EU psn, though I have another US account (since it's cheaper) I use to buy online any games not available here (due to being banned). So far the games I bought from US psn still registers the US trophy lists for some games that have a separate EU trophy lists.

Now I'm a bit confused. :unsure:

WTF?

I've always known that whether you bought a game from a US or EU PSN with their corresponding account, it will always be English regardless of what your default language in your system. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it will be Japanese if you have a japanese (or maybe any Southeast asian) account to access the JPN PSN and bought a JPN version of the game.

So what separates the US version to the EU version trophy lists bothers me after hearing this, they are both English in any sense, lol.

My account defaults to EU psn, though I have another US account (since it's cheaper) I use to buy online any games not available here (due to being banned). So far the games I bought from US psn still registers the US trophy lists for some games that have a separate EU trophy lists.

Now I'm a bit confused. :unsure:

Trophies are not only in English you know? Not every languages have their translated trophies. Depends what language you have in your system during trophies installation. The name of the trophies will appear with selected language (if trophies for your selected language are avaialble of course, otherwise they'll appear in english by default). I don't know about digital games... i think it's the same. I bought really few digitals games. When i installed Two Worlds II my language was temporarly english so i got trophies in english instead italian.

Edited by DeathNyx

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I had the same problem. Apparently I have the US version and my PS3 was set to English (UK). I fixed it on the console by following the steps written by Devil_Spooky, but the trophies on PSNP still show in Japanese in my trophy log. Does anyone know if that can somehow be fixed, too?

PSNP still shows JP trophies of some J-games even if you get them in English.

It's cool, actually.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...