My Catherine trophies are in JAPANESE?! WTF!

CaptainAskHole

• 2 months later...

Omg, it just happened to me. All trophies are listed in Japanese.

Apparently if you have your console languase set to anything but engrish it automatically makes trophies japanese. (and there is no way to fix it once the game registers to your account)

My console is in English. Bought the game from the Canadian PS Store. How do you explain this?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

This just happened to me, I earned my first trophy back in May, but I'm not sure if its name and the trophy's description was in English or Japanese, I guess it was in English though.

After giving the game a second try some days ago, I got into the game and started to make some progress by earning new trophies.

Yesterday, I decided to sync these trophies, after updating my profile at Psnprofiles to my surprise my profile here displayed Japanese characters instead of English words. I checked my profile at PSN and they were in Japanese. I was like WTF?! When the trophies popped on my PS3 their names and description were in English so I don't know how those turned into Japanese characters.

I got my current PS3 from the technician after my previous one broke, the console language was in Spanish, but I'm sure I changed the language to English upon taking it home. So, I don't know how this could have happened to me. 

Anyway, I read that if I want to solve this issue I need to erase my account from my PS3 and recreate it, then make sure the language is set to English and sync my profile. 

The question is if I can try this solution after platting the game? Or do I need to do this before earning the plat? 

All the games downloaded into my PS3 are from this account, and I won't like to delete my profile before platting/100% those games.

41 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

This just happened to me, I earned my first trophy back in May, but I'm not sure if its name and the trophy's description was in English or Japanese, I guess it was in English though.

After giving the game a second try some days ago, I got into the game and started to make some progress by earning new trophies.

Yesterday, I decided to sync these trophies, after updating my profile at Psnprofiles to my surprise my profile here displayed Japanese characters instead of English words. I checked my profile at PSN and they were in Japanese. I was like WTF?! When the trophies popped on my PS3 their names and description were in English so I don't know how those turned into Japanese characters.

I got my current PS3 from the technician after my previous one broke, the console language was in Spanish, but I'm sure I changed the language to English upon taking it home. So, I don't know how this could have happened to me. 

Anyway, I read that if I want to solve this issue I need to erase my account from my PS3 and recreate it, then make sure the language is set to English and sync my profile. 

The question is if I can try this solution after platting the game? Or do I need to do this before earning the plat? 

All the games downloaded into my PS3 are from this account, and I won't like to delete my profile before platting/100% those games.

There's no problem with trophies in Japanese.

Doesn't mess up syncing or screws up progress.

14 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

There's no problem with trophies in Japanese.

Doesn't mess up syncing or screws

up progress.

Of course not. But I don't know why the trophies language was changed to a different one when clearly my PS3 has English as its default language.

Edited by Deceptrox

8 hours ago, Deceptrox said:

7 hours ago, Deceptrox said:

This just happened to me, I earned my first trophy back in May, but I'm not sure if its name and the trophy's description was in English or Japanese, I guess it was in English though.   After giving the game a second try some days ago, I got into the game and started to make some progress by earning new trophies.   Yesterday, I decided to sync these trophies, after updating my profile at Psnprofiles to my surprise my profile here displayed Japanese characters instead of English words. I checked my profile at PSN and they were in Japanese. I was like WTF?! When the trophies popped on my PS3 their names and description were in English so I don't know how those turned into Japanese characters.   I got my current PS3 from the technician after my previous one broke, the console language was in Spanish, but I'm sure I changed the language to English upon taking it home. So, I don't know how this could have happened to me.   Anyway, I read that if I want to solve this issue I need to erase my account from my PS3 and recreate it, then make sure the language is set to English and sync my profile.   The question is if I can try this solution after platting the game? Or do I need to do this before earning the plat?   All the games downloaded into my PS3 are from this account, and I won't like to delete my profile before platting/100% those games.

Yes ou can do that at any time you want, just make sure you hold on to all your saves and you should be fine, you'll have to re-download everything again though.

You probably have your system set for English US, for some reason that would make your trophies in Japanese for this particular game, but if you set it to English UK they should pop up in English (but only if you do the fix, if you try doing it now they'll keep popping in Japanese)

Edited by Devil_Spooky
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Devil_Spooky said:

Yes ou can do that at any time you want, just make sure you hold on to all your saves and you should be fine, you'll have to re-download everything again though.

You probably have your system set for English US, for some reason that would make your trophies in Japanese for this particular game, but if you set it to English UK they should pop up in English (but only if you do the fix, if you try doing it now they'll keep popping in Japanese)

Can I do that after earning the platinum so that the trophies names and descriptions will be turned into English? Or do I necessarily have to do that before earning all trophies?

Who cares? You earn the same trophies regardless. It's not related to how you earned them, but rather what is on Sony's servers and maybe some setting on your PS3 for how to display them. Might even be your PSN account country. idk, doesn't matter. I see PSNP even has issues with it.

2018_07_31_01h17_02.png

but if you check here:

2018_07_31_01h17_38.png

Not the same. Obviously something to do with PSN.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gen 2 Pred Divecomb said:

Me thnk bc thy wnt u rem PlayStation is jp cnsle. N Sony is a japco.

Do you even alphabet?

ps: so this bug happens only with English US language? Not with English UK, German, Italian, Spanish, Danish, whatever?

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gen 2 Pred Divecomb said:

I don't know they havnt fix this issue.

There's nothing to fix, basically the trophies will be on the language your system is set for if it's compatible with that language, if not it uses the default language. For some reason this one doesn't recognize English (US) so it sets the trophies for the default one, Japanese.

1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

Do you even alphabet?

ps: so this bug happens only with English US language? Not with English UK, German, Italian, Spanish, Danish, whatever?

If the language is not supported it will use the default one, for some reason the US version uses Japanese as the default.

Don't quote me on this but I do believe the EU version actually has the English language as default.

4 hours ago, Devil_Spooky said:

Don't quote me on this but I do believe the EU version actually has the English language as default.

Yea, EU version is unfortunately in English.

6 hours ago, MMDE said:

Not the same. Obviously something to do with PSN.

Yea, pretty much.

If a list is shared with Japanese one, during the merge, Japanese is set as default here on PSNP.

Many games have this bug (and even more players keep on asking about it... :/)