My Catherine trophies are in JAPANESE?! WTF!

CaptainAskHole

On 6/5/2014 at 7:17 PM, Devil_Spooky said:

1 - Copy all your saves to the cloud
2 - Delete your user from your PS3 (better to have a second account so you don't have to download all your games/DLC from the store again)
3 - Create a new user, and recover your original PSN account
4 - Set your system to English (UK)
5 - Sync your trophies with the server to get them back on your PS3
6 - WITHOUT CHANGING YOUR SYSTYEM LANGUAGE boot the game and let it install the trophy data
7 - If you want you can then sync the trophies with Sony's servers and change the system to your language again.
8 - Just copy all your saves from the cloud to your system (you can do this one any time you want after recovering your account, but better save it for last in case you mess up somehow)

I had the Japanese trophy issue so I ran through this process but it didn't help. I did some more research and came upon this thread and had a little luck after trying some of their suggestions. I switched my language to US English, switching my trophy list to offline mode, and synced trophies with the server. This put the Catherine list in English on my PS3 but trophies are still popping and showing as Japanese here on PSNProfiles. Is there really no way to resolve that? I know it doesn't actually affect the trophies but I'm planning on making the Catherine plat number 200 and I would rather see it in English in my milestone list.

2 hours ago, Alpha-Strider said:

I had the Japanese trophy issue so I ran through this process but it didn't help. I did some more research and came upon this thread and had a little luck after trying some of their suggestions. I switched my language to US English, switching my trophy list to offline mode, and synced trophies with the server. This put the Catherine list in English on my PS3 but trophies are still popping and showing as Japanese here on PSNProfiles. Is there really no way to resolve that? I know it doesn't actually affect the trophies but I'm planning on making the Catherine plat number 200 and I would rather see it in English in my milestone list.

Afraid I can't help you with that, they appear in English to me, both the US an EU versions, so i'm at a loss at how to fix it for you.

• Like 1