GRRR AD HOC TROPHY RANT

26 minutes ago, IoIly said:

I got code of the Micky Epic 2 when i bought Vita. If i buy or borrow second Vita can i download the game second time? Can i play Ad hoc using the same psn account for both Vitas? I got all trophies exept ad hoc trophies. Nice game. It worth to play even if you dont get 100%

No you can't, you can only be signed into one vita at a time, however you can activate up to 2(3)don't know which vitas at one time. 

• Like 1

There are people who got Adhoc trophies by using the same account on two Vitas though. There shouldn't be any problem if you buy a second Vita but if you borrow a friend's Vita, then unless he has the game you will have to reset his Vita and sign into your account. Take note that each memory card is locked to a single account so you will need to get a new memory card and download game again.

Will confirm again once my new Vita arrives in a few weeks time but I do have Epic Mickey 2 on two memory cards, since digital version means unlimited downloads

Edited by ex10097
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, IoIly said:

I got code of the Micky Epic 2 when i bought Vita. If i buy or borrow second Vita can i download the game second time? Can i play Ad hoc using the same psn account for both Vitas? I got all trophies exept ad hoc trophies. Nice game. It worth to play even if you dont get 100%

You can try it but I do not think so. Either two physical copies or one digital and one physical. I did the former to get my platinum. 

You can be logged into the same account however no need to be different 

Edited by DarkSoleride
  • Like 1

I can confirm that you need either the digital only or two physicals for Adhoc trophies with two vitas on the same account. Just completed Dark Beauty Castle with two hands lol

Though it is a bit annoying how if you sign in to one vita, the other vita will sign out so if you wanna play coop online with two vitas, I do have one workaround that I haven't tested. Since memory cards are locked to accounts, creating a new account means that your downloads list will be empty, while your old memory card will be unusable. But using Content Manager Assistant on PC/Mac, you can transfer your entire digital game to your computer. Afterwards, transfer your game to your new memory card. As long as your new account has same region as old account, then you should be able to connect online and play without needing to buy the game again on your new account. I've noticed that transferring games via Content Manager Assistant doesn't seem to have any restrictions. Can someone test this to confirm whether it works?

• 2 years later...
On 06/12/2018 at 9:14 AM, ex10097 said:

I can confirm that you need either the digital only or two physicals for Adhoc trophies with two vitas on the same account. Just completed Dark Beauty Castle with two hands lol

Though it is a bit annoying how if you sign in to one vita, the other vita will sign out so if you wanna play coop online with two vitas, I do have one workaround that I haven't tested. Since memory cards are locked to accounts, creating a new account means that your downloads list will be empty, while your old memory card will be unusable. But using Content Manager Assistant on PC/Mac, you can transfer your entire digital game to your computer. Afterwards, transfer your game to your new memory card. As long as your new account has same region as old account, then you should be able to connect online and play without needing to buy the game again on your new account. I've noticed that transferring games via Content Manager Assistant doesn't seem to have any restrictions. Can someone test this to confirm whether it works?

Completely unrelated, but what’s the source for the GIF in your signature? Asking for a friend who likes anime of course.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a PSVita + PSTV ( needed to remove the whitelist ) and 2x copies of the game and obtained both co-op trophies in ad-hoc mode just fine. Also I was logged into the same PSN account on both devices and there was no problem in Ad-hoc mode - I assume this is because it's in offline mode.

Edited by xblakestone