Current Easiest Way to Boost League Battles (Requires PS4 and Vita)

Gage

Are you sure this still works? I have been paired up 10 times with randoms. I did everything that you said.

Method found by Tiddy08 on playstationtrophies.org. http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/pixeljunk-shooter-ultimate/236687-easy-way-boost-online-need-ps4-vita.html

I can confirm this currently works (June 5th, 2014 4:00 p.m. central time)

If you have both a PS4 and Vita you can easily boost the League battles by searching at the same time while signed into both systems. For some reason the game allows you to play games against yourself on both systems, allowing you to self boost with only one account. Steps I used that got me matched with myself 5 of the 7 times I got matched:

1. Upload your save to the cloud on PS4 by going to Options>Cloud Options>Upload Cloud Save from the Main Menu of the game. 

2. Start the game on your Vita. When you get to the main screen choose to start the game using the cloud save instead if local when it asks. 

3. On your PS4 go to Online Options and turn on the Cross-Play option. If you don't you won't be able to connect to your Vita.

4. Go to League battle on both systems and make sure it says you are on the same percentage toward the next rank (this method is apparently easier if you are Saturn rank or above due to less players in the rank).

5. Search for a game at the same time on both systems. Do it about a second earlier on Vita due to the slower speed that it launches the search.

6. If you are paired with yourself both systems should show the [Connecting] dialog and then they should both disappear at the same time. You'll see that it shows you are paired up with yourself. 

7. Start the game and win on your PS4. Once you are taken back to the League Match menu quit the game on Vita, then go upload your save again on PS4, then repeat from step 2. 

After 5 wins in a row you should get your trophy. I would advise doing this all at once if possible, as when I did it I already had a 2 win streak before, but I still had to play 5 games against myself to get the trophy, which leads me to believe that you need all 5 wins without turning your system off or it resets the streak. Not sure whether or not the devs will patch this but I would advise getting this done ASAP if you want to do the trophy this way

Are you sure this still works? I got paired up with randoms 10 times. I followed everything that you said.

Are you sure this still works? I have been paired up 10 times with randoms. I did everything that you said.

Did you make sure that you had the options enabled to connect to Vita players on your PS4? That's the issue that one guy had before and when he made sure it was turned on it worked for him. There hasn't been a patch that I know of so it should still work. 

• Like 1

Can confirm that this method works.I spent 1:30 hour,until I realized that the PS4 is different % (did the wins on PSV),and did the cloud-sync after (cloud-sync tip wasn't posted then).Also if you get connection errors (cannot establish,etc.,you'll still get the trophy.

Did you make sure that you had the options enabled to connect to Vita players on your PS4? That's the issue that one guy had before and when he made sure it was turned on it worked for him. There hasn't been a patch that I know of so it should still work.

That would explain it. Could you please tell me how to do this?

I can't find the option anywhere

Don't worry i found it. Thank you for the help. :)

Is this trophy glitched? I've been trying to do it legit and have won all 6 of the games I've played... 2 of them have been because the other person quit though.

Edit: Nevermind. I just needed one more win. I forgot that my second match ended with a game-freeze. So it appears that opponents quitting will not invalidate the trophy, but the game freezing on you will.

Edited by StrickenBiged

u dont have to boost, all it takes is to win 5 matches lol... just ruthlessly attack the opposition until they quit.n..

People quiting doesn't count as a win. I was only ever able to get a few games in a row before that I didn't get disconnected from, so my streak was always broken. They've apparently fixed it so disconnects don't break the streak now, but I never got a new patch downloaded so I don't know if that's true or not.

I don't need to hear any "you don't need to boost just be good at the game" crap, because not everyone can do that or with the current shit show that the connections are even finish games against other people.

• Like 4

People quiting doesn't count as a win. I was only ever able to get a few games in a row before that I didn't get disconnected from, so my streak was always broken. They've apparently fixed it so disconnects don't break the streak now, but I never got a new patch downloaded so I don't know if that's true or not.

I don't need to hear any "you don't need to boost just be good at the game" crap, because not everyone can do that or with the current shit show that the connections are even finish games against other people.

In my experience going for the trophy, when the other player quit (happened twice) it said that I won the match, and did not break the streak. It came up with the "You win" screen and everything. 

Why can't this game be on PS3 as well (then I could do this). Oh wait, I forgot we need a next-gen console to play games that look like this (seriously this game should have been on all 3 consoles)

It is on the PS3, just under a different name, PixelJunk Shooter 1 & 2, the PS4+Vita version is just them both bundled together.

Oh so it was the bundling them together that made it too powerful to run on the ps3...i see :|

*brrrtzzz* erm, I think you overloaded my sarcasm detector.... Don't worry, Just reset it.... done, and test it with a bit more sarcasm.... *clears throat" This 5 wins in a row trophy is so easy and fair.... *KABOOM*...... :| ...... screw it, forget the sarcasm detector.

Hehe.. my attempt to be funny... :giggle:

• Like 2

Sadly having connection issues. They'll both hit Connecting at the same time and then one will time out and start searching again. Kind of annoying but I think im at 3 wins in a row legit so we'll see.

I've never seen so many people cancel out of matchmaking. Even people above me will straight up cancel a match.

Also come to an issue of the game just dropping due to "issues". Does this actually count as a loss for me when I'm not doing anything? 6 battles and 4 wins. 66.7%? If so this is going to be piss me the fuck off.

Edited by Yadilie

Also come to an issue of the game just dropping due to "issues". Does this actually count as a loss for me when I'm not doing anything? 6 battles and 4 wins. 66.7%? If so this is going to be piss me the * off.

There are people saying both.  If you quit it obviously breaks your streak.  If the other plays quits it breaks your streak (they need to fix this).  If there is a connection issue (there are so many) some people say it breaks your streak, and some people say it doesn't.  Some people have also had the trophy awarded for a four win streak...  I am having big problems with this one.

Edited by audiopile

There are people saying both.  If you quit it obviously breaks your streak.  If the other plays quits it breaks your streak (they need to fix this).  If there is a connection issue (there are so many) some people say it breaks your streak, and some people say it doesn't.  Some people have also had the trophy awarded for a four win streak...  I am having big problems with this one.

Well I finally got the Vita/PS4 trick to work after 2 hours. But I'm pretty sure people who quit out to XMB or LiveArea (more so this) breaks your streak because you wind up getting a loss for it as your Winning % goes down. If you're trying to get it legit I'd advise to just not play Cross Play. People are so bad at this game and get so mad they'll leave if you stomp them in the first part of round 1 sadly. =/