Corpse Party Blood Drive Live Stream (OP + Gameplay)

Source: Gematsu

5pb. and Mages have released the opening movie for Corpse Party: Blood Drive, coming to PS Vita in Japan on July 24.
The game is set two months after the events of Corpse Party: Book of Shadows,
and follows Ayumi as she enrolls in Kisaragi Academy,
where a mysterious boy appears and tells her that the Book of Shadows can help bring her dead friends back to life.

Edited by Nelson_Otaku
  • Like 1

Seeing that opening makes me want it even more now. I'm a big fan of the corpse party series. Watched both of the anime that came out for them, played both of psp games, and even read their mangas. This game was solely the main reason why I even bothered buying a vita. The moment I knew it was coming out for only the vita and not for the psp I was determine to get a vita. Grant you we probably won't be able to have till either the end of this year or sometime in 2015, but I so can wait for it now.  :awesome:

I beg to differ about the graphics. I love the fact that they have gone 3D instead of 2D like the last two corpse party games. Though I'm curious if the NA will get a physical copy as well of the game, or if we will just be stuck with the digital copy from the ps store when we do get it. If we do get it as a physical copy I so hope there is a limited edition set cause I would so buy it. I love the corpse party games an still so psyched to play this one.

Im planning to get it day 1 as this will take at least 1 year + few months to translate.

I was thinking that might be how long it might take for the NA to get a copy of this game, but to me it well worth the wait. I might sooner or later re-download the first two corpse party games to brush myself up on the whole storyline. Plus I would be the same way, but I would be pre-ordering the game the moment I see it listed on ebgames if it gets a physical copy.

Never heard of it. If it comes to NA I will check it out. What is it like? A visual novel similar to Zero Escape?

Not exactly. You actually control your character so it's more like VN RPG.

In a way it's like Lone Survivor (I checked to see whether you played it) just more into VN.

5pb kept the characters with a chibi style to be similar to the original game,

btw graphics isn't everything for this game (though they look cute enough for me)

I'm not against chibis, they ARE cute. But only if they are done in 2D.

3D ruins it.

Edited by SatoshiOokami

I'm not against chibis, they ARE cute. But only if they are done in 2D.

3D ruins it.

They aren't full Chibi if you didn't notice yet, I wouldn't say 3D ruins it (but to be frank, it's not like we're talking AAA budget here either).

More importantly the designs hold true to the series' dissonance between cuteness and horror, so the design choice's not a big deal to me.

Edited by Nelson_Otaku

God I can't wait to play this game. Big fan of the corpse party series.

Oh and hey, it'll be the first game in the series to have trophies. Sweet~

I'm curious on what the trophies will be an if it will have a plat instead of check mark when completely finished. I'm hoping it will have a plat an since I love the corpse party series I'll probably try to play the whole thing in one night.

Though I'm a bit curious about the screen shots. If I am correct the Blood Drive is suppose to be the sequel to the Book of Shadows, and it I'm still correct didn't like nine/tenth of the students you played as died in it. Then how is it possible that you are being someone in the game that is already dead. We know for a fact that once someone dies in the heavenly host their whole life is gone, even all the memories of them are wiped out from everyone's mind except for the ones that were there with them. So bringing them back wouldn't make any sense considering their faces would be blacked out..

Edit; plus looking at the physical copy it still doesn't make sense why some of the people who were killed in the school don't have their face smudged out.

tumblr_n4sskkhkzw1rdu9woo1_500.png

Edited by quietlilangel

Looking at the physical copy it still doesn't make sense why some of the people who were killed in the school don't have their face smudged out.

If you meant Yoshiki, the canon ending of the game wont have him dying (if you relyed on the ovas that is an alternative side of the game)

those 4 main characters are some of the few survivors.

Never heard of it. If it comes to NA I will check it out. What is it like? A visual novel similar to Zero Escape?

It's a Survival Horror Adventure Game.

Edited by Nelson_Otaku

Ah that is right, I completely forgot that there different endings in the game. So yea I guess it would be understandable. That kind of why I want to play the two games again, but spending forty dollars to download them onto my vita is just outrageous, plus i don't feel like playing it on my laptop due to I don't like playing the games with keyboard.

I'm curious on what the trophies will be an if it will have a plat instead of check mark when completely finished. I'm hoping it will have a plat an since I love the corpse party series I'll probably try to play the whole thing in one night.

Imo Platinum + Gold trophy for finding all tags in all chapters xD

Though I'm a bit curious about the screen shots. If I am correct the Blood Drive is suppose to be the sequel to the Book of Shadows, and it I'm still correct didn't like nine/tenth of the students you played as died in it. Then how is it possible that you are being someone in the game that is already dead. We know for a fact that once someone dies in the heavenly host their whole life is gone, even all the memories of them are wiped out from everyone's mind except for the ones that were there with them. So bringing them back wouldn't make any sense considering their faces would be blacked out..

Edit; plus looking at the physical copy it still doesn't make sense why some of the people who were killed in the school don't have their face smudged out.

tumblr_n4sskkhkzw1rdu9woo1_500.png

Well... that's the whole point of Blood Drive. To bring them back.

Imo Platinum + Gold trophy for finding all tags in all chapters xD

Well... that's the whole point of Blood Drive. To bring them back.

True but they learned the hard way in the ending of the book of shadows. Unless they find a better way to bring them back without their faces being blurred out, and the caster nearly dying.

Edited by quietlilangel

True but they learned the hard way in the ending of the book of shadows. Unless they find a better way to bring them back without their faces being blurred out, and the caster nearly dying.

Well... they may pull some uber deus ex machina so everyone can live happily ever after...

Edited by SatoshiOokami

More screenshots xD

tumblr_n7d9d66DCX1rdu9woo2_1280.png

tumblr_n7d9d66DCX1rdu9woo1_1280.png

Makes me want it even more. Still really hoping they don't take forever to let us NA players have it. I been dying to play this game, since the first day it was announced of it being made. I wonder if they will make an animated version of this game as well like they have done the other games. Though kinda wish they made it into a real television series an not ovas.