Any Older Gamers Here?

the_daddy2009

who remembers these... they started out in this order from the 90's through to 2004'... so some are 20 years old now

- games master

- bad influence

- cybernet

- movies, games and videos/video games special on sunday i think it was

- a rubbish but quite fun to watch sky one games show, cant think of the name

- games show on channel 5, cant think of the the name either

- bits with the gorgeous emily booth, emma b and aleks

- aleks then did a show with iain lee a few years after called thumb bandits

- dominic diamond started a new games show too which was awesome called when games attack

theres not that many to watch now...

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR

Savoring what little I have left of 29 over here. Without the 2 in front, I won't have an excuse for not acting my age anymore :( . Anyways, I've been gaming since my 4th birthday when a nice neighbor of ours gave me an Atari 7800.

Edited by merciful84

who remembers these... they started out in this order from the 90's through to 2004'... so some are 20 years old now

- games master

- bad influence

- cybernet

- dominic diamond started a new games show too which was awesome called when games attack

Bloody hell, that list brings back some memories! I still think it's mad that they got Patrick Moore as the Gamesmaster!

Kids today are so lucky, I remember getting home from school and putting a game to load in my Commodore C64, an hour later I would be lucky if it had completed loading. 

I dunno about that. I kind of missed the days of the simplicity of just popping a game in and playing. Plus, history seems to be repeating itself with digital games based on what you've described there, lol

• Like 1

Almost 38. My memories of gaming date back to times of Atari 2600, but the 1st console i bought was PS3 hahaha. I'm from the couch-coop generation, always hanging around at my friends' houses or relatives (siblings). I guess because of that i was never in a hurry about to buy a gaming device. Time passes and responsibilities and people moving, it cannot stay the same. But the hobby survived and here i am, still gaming. :)

Edited by GoldenShaka

- games master

- bad influence

- cybernet

I think the Sky one was called Games World :)

• Like 1

I'm 28 so I'll be getting there soon. I find I am trying to find time to game but work takes over most of the time. I remember the days of coming home from school and just gaming for hours on end but I have too many responsibilities these days. I doubt I will stop gaming any time soon regardless of age.

Just to let you know I won't be adding anybody who has a higher trophy score than my own.

Just out of curiosity-- why?

As to the original topic, yes. I'm in my early forties. The closest thing I had to a console as a kid was a Game & Watch Donkey Kong game. Of course the first thing I did when I was old enough to leave home was save up to buy a Sega Genesis. I've only grown more passionate about video games as I've gotten older. Maybe it's because they've become more immersive and diverse as technology has improved. Or maybe it is I that have improved as time has passed. :P

• Like 1

Yup, I'll be 39 in a few months.

I'm somewhat of a trophy hunter, and I've been playing since the NES (which came out when I was 10).  My parents never bought me any earlier systems, except for that tiny arcade-machine-looking Donkey Kong, as well as a few game-and-watch portables.

I've had NES, Sega Master System, SNES, and 4 different Nintendo Game Boys (they kept breaking).  Then my brother got Sega Genesis, Sega Game Gear, Atari Jaguar, PS1, and Nintendo Virtual Boy.  Then, I got a Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, PSP, Xbox 360.

Now, I only have a PS Vita, and frankly, I think it's the best system around.  You triple AAA lovers be damned!  Give me innovative indies over $60 same-old-shiz garbage anyday!

Aaaaannnnnd... I'm spent!

36 year old gamer here. I started off pretty casual in the Atari 2600 days (played at a friend's house, but never owned one). I morphed into addicted with the release of the NES and was back to casual by the time the N64 was coming out. I got hooked again hard toward the end of the PS2 Era and have been hunting trophies on the PS3 since 2010. I even dabbled in PC gaming while in college, but i'm a true blue console gamer now. I own a PS3 with a huge backlog, Vita, and a PS4. I still own a NES and N64, but rarely fire them up anymore.

Edited by bmj14772

I'll be 39 this month,I didn't realize there were so many gamers in their 30's and 40's that are dedicated with plats

and percent,I thought I was the only old gamer out there that cared about those things,now I can truly tell my wife I'm not the only one.ZeboRN.png

• Like 1

32 here gaming since my adored Spectrum. Was a beast :wub:  Just got my PS4 too to replace my PS3. New gen - new account (trying to be less ocd on trophies :rolleyes:) But sure anyone can add me up be nice to game with some people more my age aswell :lol: I 'might' get a vita down the line not sure yet, time will tell! but I have a lot of time to game since my work is mornings only and I have no life lol

Nice to see this community has a good age range though:)

Edit: I have a ps3 again now since my PS4 has had to be sent to sony. One of the few faulties I guess, just my luck!

Edited by DaftFruit

my first console (gaming system) was a Intellivision 2 anyone who remembers the intellivision 1 or 2 will know my age. 

today's games are so much 'more' than they used to be, i actually never want to see the stupid games i played when i was young, 

Edited by wool001
  • Like 1