Any Older Gamers Here?

the_daddy2009

I'm 36. Started when I was 7 y/o. First system was a ColecoVision, the moved on to the NES, SNES, PS1, GameCube, PS2, Xbox 360, Wii, then finally PS3, not to mention all the Nintendo handhelds (just got the 3DS when Smash Bros came out). I've beaten a bunch of games in my time as a gamer. Even sent my picture of the ending screens to Battletoads to Nintendo Power just so I can get my name published lol. Sometimes, I actually feel bad that I sold or gave away my old games, as a lot of them are collectors items now. How the eff was I supposed to know that the NES Flintstones game was gonna be worth a lot of money later on in life? So many nostalgic memories with video games. I keep telling people that I'll be gaming until I'm 65 with my shiny PS23. Luckily, my wife is cool with me gaming lol. My 3 y/o daughter even wants me to main Peach in Smash Bros.

I'm sure a lot of us "oldies" have many fond memories with gaming. After all, we've been around long enough to to see how far video games have come. And for sure, the memories will keep on coming.

• Like 1

Going on 36 this year... but I still feel 25 (or maybe 15) at heart!! :yay:

Or maybe that's just how I act. :awesome: 

And/or think.  :lol:

Though I had an OG GameBoy first, Street Fighter II on the SNES was really my gateway drug game.

I remember poring over issues of EGM, GamePro, and Nintendo Power, literally reading them cover to cover back in the day, soaking up every last bit of information, especially when it came to the impending release of SFII Turbo.

And I'm pretty happy that I'm still up for a challenge in my gaming as far as difficulty is concerned... though time is really my biggest constraint nowadays.  :S

35 here, 2 kids, wife of 9 years and full time job.  I only buy used games and probably won't get a ps4 for about 2 years.  I love the classic games but truly feel as if gaming is only getting better. 

lol That just about where Im at.  2 Kids, 34, Full time Job, Married 10 years, Used games, Classic games, no PS4 yet.  Wow.

Edited by CAWZZY

Coming up 41. It seems a long time since I played on my Atari 2600 (which is still in the loft!). Have 4 kids and a wife and I'm proud to say that I've converted them all to gaming, even the wife (who's on 11 platinums so far). Can't see me stopping anytime soon. Long live gaming...I just hope I'm allowed to play in the old folks home in 30 yrs time! :lol:

• Like 3

I'm chuckling at the 30 somethings answering here...let's just say one of my kids is 30. It's pretty sweet when you can send any of your kids to the liquor store while you're gaming. 

This sounds like my worst nightmare.  One of my kids 30 and still living at home???  *shudder  :giggle:

• Like 1

This one confusion still makes me wonder is that Why age here is given any importance at all.r we judged on our age or gaming capabilities?

For me Gamers and Games comes first in mind.. It's a gaming Forum not a dating site.. Still plz clarify me here ... If I acted still weird !!!!!still nevertheless I am glad u guys came up with this post :D cheers!!!!

@SarDarniTron sorry if you are confused about this post which was originally started by the_daddy2004 asking if there was any older gamers out there with ps4 and looking to maybe add some friends.

I have read all post in this thread,many have posted & of all ages & I don't see any reference to anyone asking or mentioning anything about dating.Can you tell us where you are getting that impression.Have you read all in this thread?

Have yourself a great day.Thanks.  

Edited by electrifryer
  • Like 1

Yeah I just turned 35 a couple of months ago; been gaming since I was at least 5 in the arcades. I got my first console, the NES when I was 10 after about 2 years of begging my parents for it after having played it a lot over at one of my friend's house for the 2 years he had it. I was pretty much hooked for life at that point, spent damn near every free hour I had gaming. When I got my Playstation in '97, I had spent a decent amount of time playing friends' PSX and N64 to try and decide which one I wanted to get since I couldn't afford both and man, it's been on with PS ever since. They've had my favorite console every generation that they've been in the market thus far. I just got my PS4 not quite 2 months ago and am loving it, catching up on games that I've wanted to play including games that were also released on the PS3 but that I held out to get on PS4 since I knew I'd get one eventually.

I've gone through some gaming slumps where I just haven't been able to play much for months and even years due to work, social life, personal life, etc. but I've always come back. I will admit though, I feel like age has deteriorated my skills cuz I used to beat the crap out of what are considered some of the hardest games on systems from the 80's to the early 2000's but now have a really hard time going back and playing some of those and even with newer games that should be easy based on those old games I've beaten. But the drive is still there and the fun is still there, so unless that ever goes away, I'll be gaming till I die. B)

• Like 1