the most frightening game ?

D1VIN3-D3M0N

Slender  :blink: It was mainly the fact that I got myself so worked up over it, that I couldn't even play it... just the thought of having someone continually watching you and following you - terrifying!

Games like Outlast and Dead Space are scary, sure, but only really because of factors such as limited ammo, or inability to fight back. Once you learn to ration your ammo and just run and hide (and learn movement patterns), they lose a lot of their 'scary' impact.

Also, I was the most scared I've probably ever been when I played Amnesia: Dark Descent... I only played like 20 minutes (I think it was actually the demo), but I just couldn't take it. I'm normally fine with 'scary' games (as I mentioned) and movies, but I just couldn't play this one at all  :S

for me...

- dead space

- run like hell

- the very first avp games, they were so frightening they couldnt be fully show on games review shows, even now the dated graphics still give a fright...

- alien ressurection was quite creepy too

- doom

- mdk

dead space is the most frightenin recent game i think personally, not for the rubbish monsters but for the atmosphere and sounds...

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR

I've played Slender and few other modded versions of it.

The worst was Outlast. I played this in a dark room with nothing but my gamepad and headphones. And my friend who I didn't know was there thought it would be funny to grab me when I was trying to hide from Walker. Kinda wondering if I should try Whistleblower, if I do, I better lock my room, make sure he doesn't try again.

Of what I've played, it would have to definitely be the original Silent Hill. That game seriously messed me up for like a month. The part in the school was extra creepy! Also, I'm a game hoarder. I'm selective about what I buy and keep them in my collection indefinitely. Silent Hill is the only game I've sold. I knew I wasn't ever, EVER going back to it! :o

for me...

- dead space

- run like hell

- the very first avp games, they were so frightening they couldnt be fully show on games review shows, even now the dated graphics still give a fright...

- alien ressurection was quite creepy too

- doom

- mdk

dead space is the most frightenin recent game i think personally, not for the rubbish monsters but for the atmosphere and sounds...

Are you talking about Murder Death Kill?

RE5 is a babies game compared to the remake of RE1. That game... oh my....

RE1 is not so bad when you know where everything is, bored looking zombies don't make it any scarier either.

It's when enemies in games are somewhat intelligent it makes me nervous and my hands sweat lol

• Like 1

RE1 is not so bad when you know where everything is, bored looking zombies don't make it any scarier either.

It's when enemies in games are somewhat intelligent it makes me nervous and my hands sweat lol

once you get further through the game those bored lookin zombies grow claws, crouch on the floor and start to actively stalk you down which wasnt featured in the original so it makes for a scary surprise in the remake Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR
  • Like 1

I love scary atmosphere in gaming and movies, I have a wonderful time if those games

The only game that truly made me jump and feel @_@ these days was Outlast( even been one of the best ps4 games in my opinion)

As much as I love Resident Evil, only the remake of the first was scary. By today standards, none of the classics are scary to me.

Recently Lone survivor ( a 8 bit kind if game) surprised me for being creepy and also great fun.

Dead Space series minus 3 are awesome and scary.

:) so much fun those scary games, lol.

• Like 2

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

This game hands down. Took turns playing this to the end with a friend in 3rd grade and it was a traumatizing experience, had nightmares of Nemesis for a long time.. lol

Sure Slender is creepy and all, but I find a 7-foot bio-genetic monster that will break through walls relentlessly trying to maul you through the whole game, much more frightening.