Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic, or: A Farewell to Arms

Glaivewurm

Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic, or: A Farewell to Arms

d12b13250.png

June 10th has rolled around and with it comes yet another (few) unobtainable Platinum(s). Grand Theft Auto IV is unequivocally one of the most noteworthy, successful and well-liked games in recent memory - the third-most-owned game on PSNProfiles, in fact, and at least from a hunter's perspective it has not been a title to scoff at – plagued with a vast array of obstacles to a hunter’s success including lobbies utterly unsuitable to productive hunting; unreliable netcode; and of course, those obvious instances wherein, despite all efforts to the contrary, the damn thing just failed to pop. Of course, these issues are restricted to the multiplayer portion of the game – which, conveniently, is the current topic.

After the widespread Gamespy-fuelled multiplayer shutdowns of May 31st, Rockstar Studios’ PS3 games Grand Theft Auto IV, Red Dead Redemption and Midnight Club Los Angeles remained Plattable until today. As of now (or later on – at the time of writing I’m still not certain what time or in what timezone the servers are going down), the Grand Theft Auto IV and Midnight Club Los Angeles Platinums are utterly unobtainable, while the Red Dead Redemption Platinum is still a controversial topic of discussion. Our current understanding of the situation is that the Grand Theft Auto IV Platinum is unobtainable due to the removal of the leaderboards and stat tracking in general, which at least one multiplayer trophy relies upon – that trophy being the infamous Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic. There may, however, be more unobtainable multiplayer trophies therein. Furthermore, the Midnight Club Los Angeles Platinum is unobtainable due to the utter eradication of the entire multiplayer portion of that game. The reason why Red Dead Redemption’s Platinum is uncertain is because, to the best of our comprehension, one’s multiplayer progress is stored locally and not synchronised with either a Gamespy- or Rockstar-hosted server.

In summary: Grand Theft Auto IV and Midnight Club Los Angeles Platinums are no longer obtainable if you still require the multiplayer trophies for either, and the Red Dead Redemption Platinum may also be unobtainable; however, this is unlikely.

New information has circulated regarding the status of many of Grand Theft Auto IV's multiplayer trophies as of June 13th, 2014. After testing it has been confirmed that after patch 1.07, it remains possible to earn several of the trophies without the leaderboards system:

• :bronze: Join The Midnight Club;
  • :bronze: Fly The Co-op;
  • :bronze: Taking It For The Team;
  • :bronze: Top Of The Food Chain;
  • :bronze:Top The Midnight Club; and
  • :bronze:Let Sleeping Rockstars Lie.

Considering the nature of these trophies and their status, it is also reasonable to assume that additional trophies are also obtainable; however, this is not yet confirmed:

• :bronze:Teamplayer; and
  • :bronze:Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic.

There are only two trophies that are confirmed to be unobtainable, and they are:

• :bronze:Cut Your Teeth; and
  • :gold: Wanted.

Thanks to stevieboy1975 for bringing this to my attention. You can read more about the continued effort (which ProfBambam55 is involved in) to test these trophies and to earn the still-obtainable trophies here, and you can see the trophies earned by ProfBambam55 on his alternate account here (noting that he has obtained :bronze: Cut Your Teeth prior to the removal of stat tracking).

_______

Over the past several weeks there has been a community effort to gather together like-minded hunters with the sole purpose of boosting the multiplayer portion of Grand Theft Auto IV. With regards to Midnight Club Los Angeles, I must admit that my understanding of any efforts towards that Platinum is negligible, and the same may be said of Red Dead Redemption. However, I have seen an innumerable count of good deeds and community spirit in the chat room this week and I, for one, am proud to call myself a trophy hunter as a result.

In the Gaming Session created last year by PSN user fishier on the Grand Theft Auto IV page on this site, boosting has been organised up until the very last moment. fishier’s efforts to sustain the session have been noted and I am sure that all of us are duly grateful. Within this session, however, rose a leader, an optimiser and a master of co-operative shenanigans known only as ProfBambam55. His efforts to organise the aforementioned chatroom via fishier’s session redoubled the boosting effort and increased efficiency sevenfold, and I would like to take this opportunity to applaud his efforts both in organising the chatroom itself and in assisting any member in need to the best of his ability. On behalf of everybody involved in the boost since his involvement began, I thank him from the bottom of my heart. Lord knows I, at least, would have been in deep trouble if not for his work.

I would also like to personally thank:

-          ArcaneSoul9 for their indomitable attitude to the daunting grind for Auf Wiedersehen. I wouldn’t have finished this without them.                 Thanks man.

-          hunter_man-12 for doing his goddamn best to stay positive whenever the situation demanded it. You keep your head up high                     brother.

-          JKSL21 for getting their little groups together and helping out wherever anybody needed a hand. It’s the little things that kept                     and keep us all going.

-          POEman553 for being a damn good recruiter and pointing people towards the room if they needed a helping hand. I would’ve                     had no clue without you. Thanks a bunch!

-          and finally, all of the people who got their trophies early on and put aside even more of their time to lend a helping hand. There                 are too many of you to count and I freakin’ adore you all.

And on a rather more solemn note, I'd like to thank sjdb5 for his contribution to the trophy hunting community with regards to Grand Theft Auto IV, but I don't think I can do it so much justice as olsen77 already has. You can read their memorial to sjdb5 here.

It’s done. I hope everybody got their trophies, and I hope you all enjoy having them. It’s a better feeling than stamp collecting anyway. And to all of you who didn’t get them in time… man, that sucks. I guess we as a collective weren’t perfect, but we did our best and we did well.

Thank you all just for showing up, guys. It was a good time, even if it was a little stressful.

And in the most succinct way I can put it:

Goodbye, Petrovic.

June 10th, 2014

Edited by Glaivewurm
  • Like 1

Mine fucking glitched out lol,

I returned to GTA IV after being away for years. I forgot just how shit it was. 

You're damn right there. Sucks donkey balls to hear that, though. I know you were involved for a long time, so it seems just... wrong, that you wouldn't pop it. I suppose that's just indicative of what trophy hunting is. And yeah, it's a chunky game. It feels too heavy, really, but meh. It's a good Plat and I enjoyed at least some of it. Sucks to hear that you didn't.

Wow. Now. I know that GTA's serves are off for good. That's bad for the people that don't have the trophy.

I got ninja'd for the second time in my life.

Yeah - I haven't booted it up today but you sure as hell can't start now. The multiplayer portion of the game will remain online, so you'll still be able to play it if you so choose - with the addendum that at least some of the trophies are unobtainable.

Funny because I just got the Wanted trophy a few minutes ago!! Now its time to start the AWP grind!! *rolls up sleeves* BRING IT ON BITCH!!! (mad hype right now lol)

Hah! I suppose that means the servers are still up for the next few hours. You're gonna have a fun time of it... Good luck with the free races... and the cannonball races... twice...  :giggle:

I'd never decide to start Grand Theft Auto IV now that that's happened.

I GOT NINJA'D AGAIN!

You're not doing so hot today, are you?

Funny because I just got the Wanted trophy a few minutes ago!! Now its time to start the AWP grind!! *rolls up sleeves* BRING IT ON BITCH!!! (mad hype right now lol)

So you decided to cheat after all? Have fun doing 120 races in one day

Servers are still up. I recently got mine on June 11. Check latest achievers. https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/12-Grand-Theft-Auto-IV/50-Auf-Wiedersehen-Petrovic

Also, rockstar has said that the gamespy shut down will not affect the gta 4 trophies. Not sure if rockstar is 100% accurate, but that's what they claimed. So, if you don't have it yet, it's worth a try. The trophy appeared instantly for me. However, I did it in one session. I'm not sure if you can do it over multiple sessions now.

Edited by IAmOmg900

ProfBamBam is the hero we needed.

ProfBambam55 is the hero PSNProfiles deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt with him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent booster. A watchful chatroom host. A Trophy Hunter.

ProfBambam55 is the hero PSNProfiles deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt with him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent booster. A watchful chatroom host. A Trophy Hunter.

I played with him years ago, he got mad at me because I only played for trophies and not leaderboard ranks. After that he deleted me :lol:

• Like 1

Haha...Sounds like something I'd do...Don't remember you though...Not sure about trophies and ranks or if it's even it's true...guessing you were probably a loser noob meesing $hit up if I'm not mistaken...not sure I ever added u...your ID doesn't ring a bell...

For the record, been more concerned with fast times than leaderboard ranks as anyone who has flown the co-op with me would know...guessing you're either a liar or someone who hasn't gotten their facts straight...if you had mentioned trophies, i can guarantee i would have carried you through FTC as that's what I've been doing for years...not sure why you're even commenting on me...thought this was a forum about GTA IV not about me...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

Haha...Sounds like something I'd do...Don't remember you though...Not sure about trophies and ranks or if it's even it's true...guessing you were probably a loser noob meesing $hit up if I'm not mistaken...not sure I ever added u...your ID doesn't ring a bell...

For the record, been more concerned with fast times than leaderboard ranks as anyone who has flown the co-op with me would know...guessing you're either a liar or someone who hasn't gotten their facts straight...if you had mentioned trophies, i can guarantee i would have carried you through FTC as that's what I've been doing for years...not sure why you're even commenting on me...thought this was a forum about GTA IV not about me...

Your name came up in the thread.

No need to call me a liar but then again I honestly couldn't care less. In my opinion its weird not wanting to play with someone who doesn't play for leaderboard ranks.

really nicely written/typed by the op... as for boosters, theres only one guy worth mentionin who along with a small team was a dedicated booster since the patch first came out for the game... he was a true gta4 veteran and boosted daily for thousands of gamers through many places includin .org but sadly he passed away in august last year... many ppl who finished gta4 will undoubtely know of him/gamed on gta4 with him/and or used his gta4 guides/vid guides...

rip sjdb5...

check his pro out on .org and pay this great guy your respects when your free...

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR

So there's been some testing done on the .org thread for this game and trophies are still unlocking. The ones that are confirmed to still be unlocking are:

• Top Of The Food Chain
  • Fly The Co-op
  • Join The Midnight Club
  • Top The Midnight Club
  • Let Sleeping Rockstars Lie

On the strength of that I would guess the following would still unlock too:

• Teamplayer
  • Taking It For The Team
  • Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic

The following trophy has been confirmed NOT to be unlocking as everyone's rank has been reset to 0 and money is no longer being added to your total so everyone is remaining at $0:

• Cut Your Teeth

So on the strength of that I would guess that the following won't unlock either:

• Wanted

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So to sum up, Cut Your Teeth and Wanted are now unobtainable, but the other trophies should still be obtainable.

Edit: Here is the link to the profile of the person who did the testing earlier today (Note that Cut Your Teeth was earned 8th Nov 2011 though):

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/12-Grand-Theft-Auto-IV/PieAreSquare55

Here is the .org thread:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/grand-theft-auto-iv/237330-gta-iv-platinum-now-unobtainable.html

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 1

So there's been some testing done on the .org thread for this game and trophies are still unlocking. The ones that are confirmed to still be unlocking are:

• Top Of The Food Chain
  • Fly The Co-op
  • Join The Midnight Club
  • Top The Midnight Club

• Teamplayer
  • Taking It For The Team

The following trophy has been confirmed NOT to be unlocking as everyone's rank has been reset to 0 and money is no longer being added to your total so everyone is remaining at $0:

• Cut Your Teeth

So on the strength of that I would guess that the following won't unlock either:

• Wanted

yea that sucks!! i was rank 10, now i can never be rank 10 ever again :( that is so stupid that they completely abolished ranking! 

really nicely written/typed by the op... as for boosters, theres only one guy worth mentionin who along with a small team was a dedicated booster since the patch first came out for the game... he was a true gta4 veteran and boosted daily for thousands of gamers through many places includin .org but sadly he passed away in august last year... many ppl who finished gta4 will undoubtely know of him/gamed on gta4 with him/and or used his gta4 guides/vid guides...

rip sjdb5...

check his pro out on .org and pay this great guy your respects when your free...

You're absolutely right. I can't believe I neglected to mention him... I've never met him of course, but I had read the thread a little while back and I really should've put something in there to begin with.

• Top Of The Food Chain
  • Fly The Co-op
  • Join The Midnight Club
  • Top The Midnight Club

• Teamplayer
  • Taking It For The Team

• Cut Your Teeth

• Wanted

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So to sum up, Cut Your Teeth and Wanted are now unobtainable, but the other trophies should still be obtainable.

Edit: Here is the link to the profile of the person who did the testing earlier today (Note that Cut Your Teeth was earned 8th Nov 2011 though):

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/12-Grand-Theft-Auto-IV/PieAreSquare55

Here is the .org thread:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/grand-theft-auto-iv/237330-gta-iv-platinum-now-unobtainable.html

Thanks a bunch for this. We know now for certain that the rank-related trophies are unobtainable - so that's good enough for now. It'll be interesting to see whether they can pop Auf Wiedersehen under the current circumstances.

@Goekie...If you couldn't care less as you claim you wouldn't have bothered answering...also, I find it weird responding to someone with a quote when your reply seems to indicate that you haven't even read the post..."

Quite frankly a fan of kind words so maybe it would be nice if we could all post our GTA IV shout outs while we're at this as DARKSCORPONO and Glaive have been doing...personally got too many people to name but some top mentionables would be:

vision123456789, Jiwan01, TheQemist & Bodybuilder28: the fastest DB players in the world...These guys have repeatedly and still would school me any day of the week...

Onebadmatty and Somebid: never played with them but heard of them helping loads of people with in particular FTC and all the online stufff...

BITAG: happy to see him surpass me in skill and teamwork...gotta be one of the best players still online these days...

DaTruth8181 AKA PilotBil420: My FTC partner back in the day...was my inspirationn for helping others with FTC...

Dmon-22: played with him only on one occasion but heard he's a real gent...would appreciate any feedback from others here...

And to all that joined and helped over the last 4-5 weeks...there are hundreds to name so not even going to begin...y'all know who you are...

I'll be testing out Taking it for the Team and AWP over the next couple days...see what's up...keep everyone posted...cheers...

Edited by ProfBambam55

No thank you ProfBamBam and Glaivewurm. You are/were more than patient with me (and others) when we were raging that f'n AWP trophy wouldn't pop. :lol: Glad to help where I could.

Now I got to look at my collection and which ones have multiplayer trophies because any number of them could be next.....

Oh and RIP sjdb5. I didn't get a chance to play with him, but if he were around, he would have been right there with us.

Edited by POEman553

Think I might attempt the Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic mad dash within 1 week if I can find boosters (I have 2 ps3's to boost the races myself) unless it's confirmed unobtainable by someone else.

Does Wanted pop on reaching 5M or by moving from Rank9 to Rank10? If it's by reaching 5M there is a possibility it's still obtainable, through stuff like this: youtube.com/watch?v=TcI6HqpFSCY .

If anyone has a console capable of applying such mods please contact me to try it out.

Rockstar just shafted everyone, so I'd call this method totally legit if it works.

Edited by inufabie