Entwined: Sharing "Brothers" dual stick philosophy. Thoughts?

GoldenShaka

So, as a part of E3 2014 Sony unveiled this new IP. Even is already available and is cross-buy. Ten bucks.

I enjoyed Brother's dual stick mechanics, but sometimes was kinda tricky, luckily the game was slow-pace, so no big frustrations.

In this case it's different, looks more complicated hehe.

Gamers, share your experience with this nice looking game.

Game looks nice, and fun. From watching the trailer you are given enough time to position your controlled souls/birds heading into your upcoming targets. Sure from just watching it looks complicated, but you never know till you try. 

Also never underestimate Muscle memory, your fingers will adapt to it shortly. I mean the controls aren't asking for much aside from using the Dual sticks.

I don't think it deserves people's "Pass" without having a single public person playing it yet. 

I want to get this game right now, but it's only available for purchase on the PS4 right now(June 9); I guess I'll have to wait a bit, for it to be available on the PS3.

Looks beautiful, don't think I'll pick it up until it's a bit cheaper (and I've got so many other games anyway!), but definitely looks like an amazing experience :D

Also, I know the dual-stick can be a bit tough to get used to, but I felt a real connection to the brothers (in Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons) because of this mechanic, so I hope to get the same feeling out of this one!

Edited by FluffyAssassin64

Fun game. Wonky controls once you beat a level. There's a "in between stage" before the next level and it's weird controlling yourself. To actually get anywhere, I had to ramp up the sensitivty to nearly maxed level to keep up with the later main levels.

Also, I threw my controller a few times at my bed. It gets so bloody frustrating, least for me. Fun game but make sure you've got a cool temper.

Also, they never tell you this but after you finish the first part of the level, when you become the combined dragon you can Speed up by holding down L2 and you can spin by holding down R2.

Completed it, final verdict : 6/10

It's got awesome music, and fun gameplay that gets stale fast. 

There're frame drops at the start of every level, usually making you miss a few target things. 

It's not worth £6.49 or $9.99, get it when it goes to £4 or $6-ish. At that price, 8/10.

There's not really a difficulty curve, the target patterns just change, it's not randomized, only where these patterns appear in the level.

The premise of a fish and a bird that love eachother but can't be together so they fly through space and become a dragon is what

Completed it, final verdict : 6/10

It's got awesome music, and fun gameplay that gets stale fast. 

There're frame drops at the start of every level, usually making you miss a few target things. 

It's not worth £6.49 or $9.99, get it when it goes to £4 or $6-ish. At that price, 8/10.

There's not really a difficulty curve, the target patterns just change, it's not randomized, only where these patterns appear in the level.

The premise of a fish and a bird that love eachother but can't be together so they fly through space and become a dragon is what

Thanks for your review, the game sounds fun.

Yes, waiting for a drop.

• 1 month later...

I think it's easier to control than Brothers...it's a little bit harder when you have to hold L1+R1 to fuse the fish and bird, but so far that seems the hardest part.  I love the graphics and music- completely lost track of time when I started playing it this afternoon.

Also, I think someone mentioned staying calm or something...?  When your fusing the two together you can take a few misses, but more than that and you have to get both their meters back up and start the fusion again...and since your ultimate goal is to combine them, you have to do this over...and over...and you get the point.  It's not that it's hard, it's that it can get frustrating after a couple attempts.

• 1 month later...

My opinion:

Playing Story is kinda easy and only challenge you can put in is completing it with fully evolved dragon, there is kinda challenge.

BUT! Once you dive into Challenge mode... there is no way back, beat 300 score for one trophy and beat Earth challenge for at least 120 seconds ... that is Insane !!!

Game is giving me crazy times but I enjoy it totally! :)

Since I know game sounds and music, I don't need it anymore so I'm listening usually some tv show, or youtube, but music is good though.