GTA V On Next Gen!

EviLDeMoNiCs

E3 had too many re-releases. We got GTA5, TLOU, Halo Collection, Original Ratchet & Clank, Grim Fandango & Metro: Redux

When was Metro Redux mentioned during E3?

Metro 2033 was never released on PS consoles, so a remake for that ill let slide, but i do agree with your post.

EDIT: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/09/ratchet-clank-announced-for-ps4/ ; looks like the Ratchet game isn't a remaster so to say, it will be based on the movies story and stuff like that.

Edited by STRANGEgenius

All this 'remastered' shit. From the PS2 to the PS3 it was understandable, there was a massive graphical leap between those gens.

PS3 to PS4 adds a couple more polygons, some shaders and more water textures, the graphical jump is minimal, it's more like a little shuffle.

I guess we all know now what Rockstar were spending their time on, rather than fixing the online and turning it into what we were promised. Guess that $1bil isn't enough and they need to try and squeeze a little more out of it.

But whatever, if it means more cheap PS3 games the PS4 can do whatever it likes.

Edited by Lion-Lhasa
  • Like 1

Yet another pointless re release. If these new consoles had backwards compatibility, we wouldn't have this problem. But then these devs couldn't make a quick buck by releasing the same game again.

That does not make any sense due to the remastered game having better graphics and additional content to the original. 

That does not make any sense due to the remastered game having better graphics and additional content to the original.

I didn't hear anything about additional content, and I didn't see any improved graphics honestly. All I heard was that you could transfer your GTA Online character to PS4.

I get The Last Of Us, alot of people switched from Xbox to Ps4 and. I also think GTA V is a good idea, I likes how they improved the already amazing grapichs and it seems like they have added alot more pedestrians and cars on the highway. If there is one thing I hope this game has is 60 players online. I know it would be madness but extremly fun shooting your way through Los Santos with a friend.

Although i really do get that these remasters are not as valuable for people who have played or own a copy of the last gen games, it fascinates me that there are quite a few people who say it looks the same and thereby claim it's graphically the same game.

If you've actually played the previous version, which i did aswell, it's hard to not see the difference. And just for convenience sake i'll put a picture down below. (There are a couple more comparison pics, if you are interested, to find on n4g.com)

gta-v-ps4-vs-ps3-comparison-screen-1.jpg

Although we've been fooled a couple of times with gameplay footage not actually being the final product's graphical output, i'm looking at a pretty believable upgrade from Rockstar. If in the end it does prove to not be actual ps4 in-game footage the trailer showed i will eat my words, until then trying to discuss a graphical comparison with something that's based on "??" is.. well.. weird..

Edit: on-topic though to answer the question: as i don't own a copy on the ps3, i'll definitely be buying this for ps4 instead. ;)

Edited by Merethyl