Mugshot and Smugshot

Chemical_Pulse

I would say probably not, but it does work with a PS2 PlayStation Eye which might be cheaper to pick up than a PS3 version.

Thanks for quotation, I'll test and send a feed back, if it don't work i'll maybe try to get one cheaper

if you have any USB camera (most will work) go ahead and try it out and see what happens. if not, ps3 eye toys are cheap on amazon.

My only USB Camera doesn't work, i've tried :/ I'll try my PS Vita

• Like 1

I used PS2 EyeToy because, at the time, PS3 cameras were still expensive (as PS4 cams still are) and I had no use for one other than those Burnout trophies. I bet you could pick one up incredibly cheap. A viable option if your other options don't work.

I've pretty much gone to extremes when it comes to spending money just for trophies. I only have a PS Move because of LittleBigPlanet 2, and then I bought a Vita specifically for the LBP2 Cross Control. Then the 3 DLCs for Modnation at £7.99 each, and the co-op pack for Super Stardust HD. And the Burnout Party Pack, which I did all solo since I have no one available to 'party' with.... So yeah, spending money just to get 100% is nothing new to me.... Wow, while typing that I realised how sad that is.... I think I need a moment. ........ What's that? Last of Us dlc? My 100%!!! I'll re-attain you..... *Runs off*

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I used PS2 EyeToy because, at the time, PS3 cameras were still expensive (as PS4 cams still are) and I had no use for one other than those Burnout trophies. I bet you could pick one up incredibly cheap. A viable option if your other options don't work.

I've pretty much gone to extremes when it comes to spending money just for trophies. I only have a PS Move because of LittleBigPlanet 2, and then I bought a Vita specifically for the LBP2 Cross Control. Then the 3 DLCs for Modnation at £7.99 each, and the co-op pack for Super Stardust HD. And the Burnout Party Pack, which I did all solo since I have no one available to 'party' with.... So yeah, spending money just to get 100% is nothing new to me.... Wow, while typing that I realised how sad that is.... I think I need a moment. ........ What's that? Last of Us dlc? My 100%!!! I'll re-attain you..... *Runs off*

I draw the line on spending money just for trophies, after the mugshot trophy, not doing it again.  Same for grindy trophies, going for one but never again, and difficult trophies, after World at War never again.  In other words if its annoying to get the platinum, then I won't get the platinum for that game.

I draw the line on spending money just for trophies, after the mugshot trophy, not doing it again.  Same for grindy trophies, going for one but never again, and difficult trophies, after World at War never again.  In other words if its annoying to get the platinum, then I won't get the platinum for that game.

Yeah how right you are, I actually bought a ps3 eye for those trophies and sold it the day after, how stupid was that??

And I nearly bought the ps4 camera thingy cause of playstation room or whatever its called, but then they did the 0% patch a few days after, whew, close call.

Don't think I'll do that again... maybe... any time soon at least... I think... :P

I'm so jelly you guys could actually get on online. And before anyone starts saying check my router, no its not router issue because the weird thing is I can't get on it with my main account but I can with my alts. -_-; Criterion hates me!

I'm not that person anymore. I'm not even a serious trophy hunter anymore. I've been playing games less lately. I've found a new hobby. One that gets me out of the house, having fun with like minded people and being more social than sitting at home gaming all the time.

I still game, don't get me wrong, and I'll still chase trophies, but I'm over my trophy addiction. I no longer feel the NEED to attain 100%. In short, my new life has saved me. (I never did get 100% back on The Last of Us)

Yeah how right you are, I actually bought a ps3 eye for those trophies and sold it the day after, how stupid was that??

And I nearly bought the ps4 camera thingy cause of playstation room or whatever its called, but then they did the 0% patch a few days after, whew, close call.

Don't think I'll do that again... maybe... any time soon at least... I think... :P

I used the eye toy, its not worth trying to resell when it was only like $5 from amazon or was it ebay.  Maby it will come in handy in the future.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 2016-07-12 at 4:43 AM, captsplatter said:

I used the eye toy, its not worth trying to resell when it was only like $5 from amazon or was it ebay.  Maby it will come in handy in the future.

That's the price of 2 sodas... Keep it. I might be wrong but I think there have been a few other games on PS3 that requires a cam to get a trophy. Maybe LittleBigPlanet for instance... And you could also use normal headphones since that eye toy has a mic built-in.

With the PS3 probably reaching EOL soon, I am eager to experience all of what the system had to offer. At the time I got into PS3 gaming I never really had the money to buy all the different peripherals. My only interest at the time was Gran Turismo 5, so I bought the GT Prologue PS3 bundle and waited a year for the Signature Edition of GT5. Now that I have a little bit more to spend, I want to get some of these things I missed out on and just try them out.

For the longest time I used to chat on PS3 with an old Logitech Desktop Microphone, but the poor thing hasn't aged well. Now I need a mic to complete Tom Clancy's EndWar but that's only the stick of motivation, not the sole reason. I've also always wanted to see what the Move was all about; what sort of innovation it brought, etc, so while these two trophies aren't the sole motivation either, again, it's just another stick to get me to buy a camera, and Wonderbook, HAHAHAH!

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...