Nominate three PS3 games you want remastered for PS4

re-installer

None.  I'd rather have servers maintained and games kept as they are rather than be forced to pay more for a game that looks almost exactly the same that I already own.

But if I had to, I suppose I'd prefer the games that have performance problems on the old hardware.  Games like Fallout 3, FFXIII and Folklore come to mind.

Prototype also needed a bump badly, and was treated with a shit remaster.

New games > old games

• Like 2

None.  I'd rather have servers maintained and games kept as they are rather than be forced to pay more for a game that looks almost exactly the same that I already own.

New games > old games

new games are still being made every month, there's no company that gives more priority to a remaster rather than a new game.

and who is "forcing you to pay more for a game"? no one is forcing you to buy anything if you don't want to, and remasters aren't aimed to be bought by people who already played the old versions, they are created to be played by people who hasn't played that game and wants to, and for people who maybe wants to play them again with better graphics and performance, or people who liked the game and wants to plat'd it again, etc...

• Like 2

1. Red Dead Redemption (would be one more reason to play this game once again)

2. Crysis trilogy (want to see the graphic performance on PS4 for these games), and

3. GTA IV (a Rockstar gem)

I can only wish, I know

None, enough with the remasters of games from last gen

Remasters hurt no one.  In fact, it lets people who didn't get to enjoy those games the first time around enjoy them on modern systems.  I really don't understand the hate for remasters.  That being said, I choose:

Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection

Demons Souls

Dark Souls

• Like 1

Remasters hurt no one.  In fact, it lets people who didn't get to enjoy those games the first time around enjoy them on modern systems.  I really don't understand the hate for remasters.  That being said, I choose:

Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection

Demons Souls

Dark Souls

Agreed.

And with the upcoming launch of Arkham and Bioshock Collection, I couldn't ask for more. Maybe RDR.

-Red Dead Redemption

Still the best game Rockstar has put out (in my opinion) and I would love to see some sort of remaster for it. Especially since the PS3 version suffers from terrible frame drops and screen tearing. Seems like a no brainer now that the Xbone can play the game (and honestly the 360 version was so much better too).

-Nier

Especially with Automata coming out soon you would probably get more people interested in the series by having them check out the 1st game (then again you might also turn people off the series with how hit and miss the game is) and could potentially fix problems the PS3 game had. Actually why not remaster the entire Nier/Drakengard series

-Vanquish

A favorite among fans of Platinum Games. Fast-paced, action, CUHRAZE, why not?

I could list many other games (mostly RPGs), but I just listed some that would greatly benefit from a remaster/port

Edited by TLOWNESU

- Assassin's Creed.

- Call of Duty 3 (4 is already coming).

And more than enough for me. It's sad that we have to choose games from the past for the present. It shows that the current generation lacks the quality old gen had. I mean, back in PS2 I'd have never thought which PS1 game I wanted to be remastered for PS2 lol.

Max Payne 3

Assassin's Creed III

Dead Space series

- Assassin's Creed.

- Call of Duty 3 (4 is already coming).

And more than enough for me. It's sad that we have to choose games from the past for the present. It shows that the current generation lacks the quality old gen had. I mean, back in PS2 I'd have never thought which PS1 game I wanted to be remastered for PS2 lol.

That's a bit silly. You didn't think which PS1 games you wanted remastered because you could play PS1 games on the PS2 lmao.

The lack of backwards compatibility is absolutely asinine but everyone values convenience, and remasters kind of represent that in a way.

BioShock Infinite would be the first on my list, but since it's a upcoming game on September...

2. Dark Souls

And by now i believe that's it lol

Aw snap forgot that one. I'd definitely like to have DKS on PS4, with fixed frame rate and upped visuals.

That's a bit silly. You didn't think which PS1 games you wanted remastered because you could play PS1 games on the PS2 lmao.

The lack of backwards compatibility is absolutely asinine but everyone values convenience, and remasters kind of represent that in a way.

Obviously you could, but we're not talking about that, the thread is about remasters. We could also play Kingdom Hearts (for example) in the first PS3 models and many people still wanted them to be remastered due to the graphics or awkward controls.

Besides, I never played a PS1 game on my PS2. Hence, I didn't even think which games I wanted to be remastered because there were so many games with great quality on PS2.

Edited by ArKel_18

Obviously you could, but we're not talking about that, the thread is about remasters. We could also play Kingdom Hearts (for example) in the first PS3 models and many people still wanted them to be remastered due to the graphics or awkward controls.

Besides, I never played a PS1 game on my PS2. Hence, I didn't even think which games I wanted to be remastered because there were so many games with great quality on PS2.

i mean you're in a trophy hunting site. having remasters means playing old games with trophy support or being able to plat them again, that's why remasters are welcome here. at least i only care about remasters because of that.

for example this thread of ps2 games on ps4 has over 680 replies because people wants to play their favorite ps2 games with trophy/platinum support: http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/33146-wishlist-of-ps2-games-on-ps4/

and since sony started a ps2 emulation on ps4 last year and they are now releasing many ps2 games with trophy/platinum support every month then that's why everyone is interested in that emulation, same with remasters.

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 1

In which case that means old games aren't quite up to standard, no? there are so many reasons for wanting a game remastered that it doesn't have to mean a lack of current gen quality. Lots of people I personally know played an awful lot of PS1 games on their PS2s, but we can't do that with the PS4 because Sony love their money grabs.

Gaming is only getting better as time goes on. Its got more problems now as the industry grows but I guarantee you for every shitty PS3 game there is a shitty PS2 game or more. Time distorts the negative and makes us remember the good games and the fun we had but in reality there are so many different types of games available of all calibers, styles and budgets and its so easy to break into the industry with the indie market that there is something out there for everyone.