Nominate three PS3 games you want remastered for PS4

re-installer

i mean you're in a trophy hunting site. having remasters means playing old games with trophy support or being able to plat them again, that's why remasters are welcome here. at least i only care about remasters because of that.

for example this thread of ps2 games on ps4 has over 680 replies because people wants to play their favorite ps2 games with trophy/platinum support: http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/33146-wishlist-of-ps2-games-on-ps4/

and since sony started a ps2 emulation on ps4 last year and they are now releasing many ps2 games with trophy/platinum support every month then that's why everyone is interested in that emulation, same with remasters.

I see your point, though for me, trophies are only an incentive to play a game. If tomorrow, let's say GTA San Andreas, gets remastered (not the mobile or PS2 port) and has no trophies, I'll be playing it 100% sure. I've played GTA Online for over 1.000 hours just for fun and enjoyment.

Sure I enjoy hunting trophies, but they're a "recent" addition. My gaming just got more deeper and intense when trophies appeared, but nothing more.

To be honest, I'd rather have new sequels of those PS2 games or those games fully remastered than trophies added to the PS2 emulations.

Edited by ArKel_18

I see your point, though for me, trophies are only an incentive to play a game. If tomorrow, let's say GTA San Andreas, gets remastered (not the mobile or PS2 port) and has no trophies, I'll be playing it 100% sure. I've played GTA Online for over 1.000 hours just for fun and enjoyment.

Sure I enjoy hunting trophies, but they're a "recent" addition. My gaming just got more deeper and intense when trophies appeared, but nothing more.

To be honest, I'd rather have new sequels of those PS2 games or those games fully remastered than trophies added to the PS2 emulations.

that's cool, is your opinion, but personally i just don't have fun replaying my ps2 games knowing they don't have that added challenge that trophies gives to us, i just get bored.

unless if it is a game that i really want to play and never could then i will probably play it even without trophies.

for example i already played gta san andreas, vice city and gta 3 thousands of times years ago and there wasn't really an incentive for me to play them again now since i will be bored, but after sony started this ps2 emulation and they now have trophies i actually bought all of them again and i'm now have fun replaying them with trophy support.

i have all three of them on my ps2 but i haven't replayed them again there since i know they don't have trophy support, so there wasn't an incentive for me to play them again, but like i said now that they did got trophy support on ps4 i'm actually having fun replaying them this time.

Edited by smellslikejavier

In which case that means old games aren't quite up to standard, no? there are so many reasons for wanting a game remastered that it doesn't have to mean a lack of current gen quality. Lots of people I personally know played an awful lot of PS1 games on their PS2s, but we can't do that with the PS4 because Sony love their money grabs.

Gaming is only getting better as time goes on. Its got more problems now as the industry grows but I guarantee you for every shitty PS3 game there is a shitty PS2 game or more. Time distorts the negative and makes us remember the good games and the fun we had but in reality there are so many different types of games available of all calibers, styles and budgets and its so easy to break into the industry with the indie market that there is something out there for everyone.

No, but gaming industry has to evolve and progress. It shouldn't go on living from the past. A few days ago I played on my PS2 just because I wanted to see the last games I had played. If I want to play certain game I want to play it on its original platform.

Remasters and remakes are, in my opinion, only good in some cases. For example, Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories. A Game Boy game which I couldn't play, which got released for PS2 but just in some countries. So Square decides to release a pack of 3 Kingdom Hearts games remastered for PS3. That's great and I did appreciate it a lot.

Now Capcom with Resident Evil. Ok, we needed some of those games remastered, but that shouldn't be the main income to the series. It's been ages since their last good Resident Evil. They're not living from a present success, they're taking the success from the past and bringing it to the present. That's not what I personally want. I agree that some remasters are ok, but they should never replace new games that have to be developed.

Edited by ArKel_18

but they should never replace new games that have to be developed.

but there's no company that gives more priority to remasters rather than making new games.

quantic dream released heavy rain and beyond remastered while they are working on detroit become human.

naughty dog released the nathan drake trilogy while they were working on uncharted 4.

capcom is releasing those resident evil remasters while they are working on RE7 and other projects, like dead rising 4.

usually a small team or a separated team works on the remasters, not the whole company.  since it takes longer to make a new game rather than making a remaster that's why they can release many remasters on a short period of time. so what you're saying about remasters replacing new games is wrong, because they aren't in any way and there's no company that will delay their new game so they can keep focusing on making a remaster.

Edited by smellslikejavier

No, but gaming industry has to evolve and progress. It shouldn't go on living from the past. A few days ago I played on my PS2 just because I wanted to see the last games I had played. If I want to play certain game I want to play it on its original platform.

Remasters and remakes are, in my opinion, only good in some cases. For example, Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories. A Game Boy game which I couldn't play, which got released for PS2 but just in some countries. So Square decides to release a pack of 3 Kingdom Hearts games remastered for PS3. That's great and I did appreciate it a lot.

Now Capcom with Resident Evil. Ok, we needed some of those games remastered, but that shouldn't be the main income to the series. It's been ages since their last good Resident Evil. They're not living from a present success, they're taking the success from the past and bringing it to the present. That's not what I personally want. I agree that some remasters are ok, but they should never replace new games that have to be developed.

Not everyone has the original platforms, not everyone has played the games in their original form but they want to try them now, etc. Personally I still kept my PS2 and it still works but I used to buy shady PS2 disks that cost me 3 cents over the original and they usually stopped working after a few weeks of use [which is why I have like, a dozen dozens of different copies of the same game] so if I wanted to fire up my PS2 now i'm probably screwed on most of my games.

Early on in this generation the remasters were absolutely overkill but now that we have a steady supply of new games coming, i'm not really opposed to the idea, its a case by case basis for me. RE7 is coming out soon, y'know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On May 4, 2016 at 2:46 AM, JFthebestJan said:

i cannot believe wipEout HD got just 2 votes! imho the only game that needs a remastered version.

1. wipEout HD

2. wipEout HD

3. wipEout HD

a real 1080p/60fps version, in 2D and 3D! and obviously PSVR compatible. i know studio Liverpool is no more, but dreams are there to stay, y'know

the force is strong with me :pimp:

no PSVR though, but 2048 as a bonus which is AWESOME!

1. Heavenly Sword (without the half assed gimicky "six axis" crap) Nariko is THE sexiest video game protagonist ever and dammit, she deserves a trophy list! And a sequel!!☺

2. Folklore - such a cool, underrated game that also never got trophies

3. Civilization: Revolution - If this game had a trophy list I would've platinumed it 20 times over. I LOVE this game!!!

• Like 1

All 3 have trophies as a reason:

• Race Driver: Grid: One of my favourite racing games ever, finished it at least 3 times. Always disliked it not having trophies and it would be great to play this again with trophies.
  • Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction: The only R&C game without trophies, one of the most fun in the series in my opinion. Great fun this game with awesome weapons and so much combat content.
  • Dirt 2: Another one of my favourites, absolutely loved this one but when i bought it the platinum was already unobtainable.

I would love to play through these 3 again to enjoy them even more, i always prefer a game to have trophies tbh

I want all those PS3 exclusives to come on PS4

- Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction

- Heavenly Sword

- Motorstorm (2007)

Not only that these games are awesome, but I want them to have TROPHIES that they didn't deserve to have... :(

Let's hope that E3 2017 will be a day for these remasters...