Easiest Platinum Ever

eburkulosis

So I bought this game yesterday and I had the platinum by the time I reached the beginning of chapter 7 :|

Took me about 3 hours 38 minutes.

I'm happy, yet disappointed :S

I cant believe I'm saying this but they ruined a beautiful game with an easy trophy list!

To me an easy trophy list is not a bad thing at all. Anyway though, would you recommend that I play this game or is it not worth the $14.99 for an easy plat?

They didn't ruin their game it was simple marketing brilliance, now their sales will greatly enhance for the easiness of the trophies thus encouraging trophy hunters to buy the game.

Yeah, that is a great point, it does seem like games that have easy platinums sell really well or at least rent very well. The thing about Trine 2 is that it's digital, thus meaning the only way to play is in fact buy it, and since people (myself included) want the easy platium, we will eventually buy it.So agree with you Brenden, it is an excellent marketing strategy, but it just shows how ridiculous we trophy whores are! :)

I'm going to get Trine 2 at some point since I enjoyed the first one. I'm disappointed it's going to be that easy though. The first game was easy, but nothing that you'd call the "easiest ever". For me, I actually think the easiest platinum trophy I earned was Dante's Inferno. Mini Ninjas might have technically been easier, but I played Dante's Inferno on normal, and you can do everything in the game on easy and still get the platinum trophy. Normal was so easy, I can't even imagine exactly how pathetic easy must be. There were one or two things that caused minor trouble in Mini Ninjas, too. Dante's Inferno had nothing like that. Other notable games were Last Rebellion and Marvel Super Hero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet.

I still recommend getting it Daniel, its a well made game.

It may have been marketing genius, but the trophies still ruined the experience for me. I have lost the urge to even finish the game at this point. Thats just how I am though. I need to be forced via trophies to finish a game. Im a low down dirty whore at heart.

• Like 1

I still recommend getting it Daniel, its a well made game.

It may have been marketing genius, but the trophies still ruined the experience for me. I have lost the urge to even finish the game at this point. Thats just how I am though. I need to be forced via trophies to finish a game. Im a low down dirty whore at heart.

Wow Eburk......you and I both....I will eventually get it, but after I get the plat, I do not see myself finishing the game....Is that pathetic or what?

Hmm, interesting. I didn't play the first Trine game but I was really looking forward to this one since everyone said it was going to be amazing.

Am i better of putting my money elsewhere or is it still worth it?

I have not yet played it, but everyone who has played it that I know, has raved about it. Look it up @ GameInformer, those guys said Trine 2 was a blast!

Honestly, I would prefer a Trine 1 esque trophy list. I know, it may be harder, but I like the fact that it brings me to complete the game. Sure it may be harder, but the game was polished so it didn't hurt to play through some levels a number of times.

I have several "hard" games on my platinum list, but overall, I see nothing wrong with a super easy trophy list. In fact I like popular games that are easy. Trine 2 has got to be better than Hannah Montana! Anyone who has a Hannah Montana platinum that is not a girl should be ashamed!!!! I'm looking at you Greg Miller from IGN!!!!

(In case anyone was wondering, I do not have HM on my trophy list, nor will I!!!)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I plan on getting Trine 2, BUT I stress that it has nothing to do with the trophies or how easy they are. I enjoyed Trine 1 and decided i would get Trine 2 as soon as i found it it was being made. The trophies are just a bonus,

I think i'll purposely slow down when getting trophies on it though. My current fastest plat is Jak and Daxter 1 at 7h 13m. I feel it's a decent accomplishment to do it that fast. But with such an easy trophy list, getting Trine 2 faster would feel..... fake. does that make sense? So i'll drag it out, take my time and J&D1 will retain the title of my fastest plat.

• Like 1

I plan on getting Trine 2, BUT I stress that it has nothing to do with the trophies or how easy they are. I enjoyed Trine 1 and decided i would get Trine 2 as soon as i found it it was being made. The trophies are just a bonus,

I think i'll purposely slow down when getting trophies on it though. My current fastest plat is Jak and Daxter 1 at 7h 13m. I feel it's a decent accomplishment to do it that fast. But with such an easy trophy list, getting Trine 2 faster would feel..... fake. does that make sense? So i'll drag it out, take my time and J&D1 will retain the title of my fastest plat.

I understand that you wouldn't want it to be your fastest plat :)

But I plan to get the game eventually for the same reason as you, that i enjoyed the first one, i didn't realise the trophies were easy until i saw this, plus i hear the environments and art in this one are just lovely, better than the first and have lots of rainbows, that's always a bonus :wub:

• 1 year later...