Scroll of truths WTF !

I've farmed Onyxia in WoW, 0.2% drop rate for 3 years, every week, I know what farming / grinding is.

I been farming Gold Honky tonker for 4 days, they spawn about once ever 5-8 fights, when one spawns, I spam thunderstorm / pulse, I never got glim orb once, only happened vs a trumpy. Not one glim in 4 days of farming EVERY day, I have about 30 hours just trying to farm ONE glim orb for the scroll of truth ( which I need 5 ) and mugshot never stole one yet.

Are there any other spots to farm, it doesnt make sense how you need to use light fingers on a rare mob for a rare drop just for an errand.

No, that's the only spot I'm sorry. :(

I received 3 scrolls of truths in 3 battles in a row and 4 total in about 20 minutes of playtime. Then, for some reason, the last one took me like 4 hours to get! I guess I should be lucky considering you've been at it for 30 hours.

What I did was I saved it towards the top of Tombstone Trail and ran through the cave back and forth and saved every once in a while and farmed golden Honky Tonker's that way. Apparently, that seemed to work pretty well and the spawn rate was decent. Not amazing, but decent. Also, use PULSE and set everyone else to defend. I got a gold glim almost every fight.

Just hang in there. They drop them. If you still need to level up familiars for the trophy work on that at the same time. Also, listen to music or watch youtube videos at the same time to pass the time. That helped me grind for that last one.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

took you 1 hour to get 5, thats impossible, I have 90 hours in this game and 40 hours are from post game, this plat is gonna take me 200 hours i can smell it.

Doesnt make sense how you people got them in just a few hours, im not exagerating, i play 8-10 hours a day, played 4 days straight and I basically wastedmy time, today I only saw 4 honky spawns, and one fight I was in for about 30 mins and never 1 gold glim, and mugsot never worked so far.

And then when I do get one, ill need 5, I dont understand how you guys get gold glims cus every method possible doesnt spawn any for me

took you 1 hour to get 5, thats impossible, I have 90 hours in this game and 40 hours are from post game, this plat is gonna take me 200 hours i can smell it.

Doesnt make sense how you people got them in just a few hours, im not exagerating, i play 8-10 hours a day, played 4 days straight and I basically wastedmy time, today I only saw 4 honky spawns, and one fight I was in for about 30 mins and never 1 gold glim, and mugsot never worked so far.

And then when I do get one, ill need 5, I dont understand how you guys get gold glims cus every method possible doesnt spawn any for me

I got the platinum in 95 hours so take that for what it is. 200 hours for the platinum...you are doing something wrong.

Well it is luck based so everyone isnt going to have the experience with it. Honestly though in that time I dont know how you didnt get one to even drop. 2 of 5 I got were dropped.

• Like 1

From the many threads I've read it just sounds like getting these is based very heavily on chance, and a very low probability of it at that.

It took me around 3-4 hours just to get a couple of them. Unfortunately all I can say is just keep trying. This was my strategy:

• Use Swaine (make sure you equip him with the Masterthief's Magnum pistol)
  • Keep everyone on "Do Nothing" + All-out Defense
  • Continue to take damage until a Golden Glim pops out (takes a while)
  • Use "Light Fingers" special move
  • Repeat on the next Golden Honky Tonker you find

Basically this video

Edited by rsoto1125

Well, I gotta say that I also got Plat under 100 hours (92 hours for me) so 200 hours is an overkill o.O

I didn't really farm Scrolls that much as I had some from the second way of getting them (which is beating the Guardian of Worlds)

Then I needed to farm just 3 by using the method above.

Plus... If they don't drop gold gem and are about to be killed, Use Swaine's shot anyways, there IS a chance of getting Scroll that way as well.

Edited by SatoshiOokami

Plat only took me like 87 hours. Like I said in the thread about capturing familiars, if you go on a cold streak then quit the game and reboot it. I don't know if it really does anything but it worked for me multiple times.

I don't remember it being too much of an issue, grinding requirements are different depending on what games you play. But I don't remember having too much of an issue. It just took a little time to get them. I guess the best advice is to keep at it, put on some good music or a TV show in the background, dim the lights and hunker down for an extended play session.

You'll get them before you know it :)

People who say WTF or FML, piss me me off

Lazy use of the English language, office-workplaces seem to do the same - everything is abbreviations. Nowadays when you start in a company you actually have to learn and understand what all of their tribal abbreviations mean.

Lazy use of the English language, office-workplaces seem to do the same - everything is abbreviations. Nowadays when you start in a company you actually have to learn and understand what all of their tribal abbreviations mean.

Well in a company it makes sense. I am not going to tell you to activate the Point of Sales system when I can just say POS or "go complete the Found on Shelf report" when I can just say FOS. These types of abbreviations make sense because they save time as everyone knows what they mean.

What irks me is when people ask for your SIN number or tell you to take money out of the ATM machine

Just went back and looked at my play clock. 74 hours and 10 minutes. You are certainly doing something wrong. Golden glims were not very common, but only finding 4 Tonkys in 10 hours is laughable. You need to look at a spawn guide or something online because you are definitely not in the right spot.

wow... I am not sure but that is really really really a bad luck... and I thought I am the unluckiest one in grinding these stuff.... don't think of it that much and think like you're grinding to gain levels.... strange that I got the last Scroll one unexpected time (IIRC boosting the level of one weaker familiar) and of course... I did my victory dance.... 

Well in a company it makes sense. I am not going to tell you to activate the Point of Sales system when I can just say POS or "go complete the Found on Shelf report" when I can just say FOS. These types of abbreviations make sense because they save time as everyone knows what they mean.

What irks me is when people ask for your SIN number or tell you to take money out of the ATM machine

It depends on whether the company is using standardized abbreviations or ones they've made up to be edgy and 'progressive'. Retail abbreviations like the ones you mentioned are a different ball-game all together :)

• 4 weeks later...

I never heard of the gold glim trick. What I did was I went to the dark area of the trail, where you had to light the lamps, and I just went in and out of it just staying at the one spawn when you first walk in. I was just running around in there, but I couldn't see anything well and I noticed they spawned more often at that spot. I did all-out-defense and switched to Swaine, mugshot the thing, and then did some ability that hits all the familiars to end it quick. Then repeated until I had all five.  

It took me around 3 hours I would say alone. Wasn't that bad, was expecting some like 20 hour grind from what people described. Just listened to the Giant Bombcast while I did it :)

Edited by TheeCakee

• 8 months later...

I recommend you not to do the golden glim trick. I didn't do it and got all 5 scrolls in about 4 hours, by fighting 14 gold honky-tonkers and just using mugshot on them.

Hope you get lucky.

I'm actually surprised it took THAT long. I had heard horror stories about this grind, and took a break from the game because of it. When I came back, I just went and found a bunch of gold Honky-Tonkers, and got my 5 (well, less, I think, because some were given as rewards elsewhere) in around half that time.

Also, in the dark part of the trail, fight ALL of the enemies. Gold honky-tonkers have a chance of appearing in any battle.