What guide(s) are you currently writing?

Beyondthegrave07

My DLC guides for Rise of the Tomb Raider are done, after @dell9300 does one last proof on things I will publish them all. Please be nice as these are my first guides. I will consult this thread again when they are published, which shouldn't be too long now.

And now, onto the bad news. My guide for Remember Me has been erased and it was about 98% complete. While I was last editing it, I had accidentally backed up the wrong file onto my hard drive which replaced my newer edited version of the document, so now I only have the beginning part of the guide and am now back to about 15% of the guide complete. Obviously I am annoyed, but I really have no interest in rewriting and reformatting everything I had done. I would just like to apologize to @Beyondthegrave07 for putting up with my shit, @Jyn Erso for the tireless support and the Guide Team for... I guess also putting up with my shit. I know a lot of people were looking forward to seeing this guide up including myself. I have failed a lot of people and I cannot express how deeply disheartened I am.

@BlueBerry_1337, I know you were wanting to write up a guide for Remember Me yourself so maybe this is your chance if you want to take it. That also leaves the question to the OP if Remember Me should remain up on that list or not.

I personally am (among extremely bloody annoyed) done with this guide and have no interest in writing it back up. So for whoever takes up writing it, I wish you the best of luck and look forward to seeing it up on the site soon. Once again, sorry all.

• Like 3

On 3/24/2017 at 1:45 PM, gall90fghg said:

Hello everyone ! I wrote my first guide here ! It's for Crysis 3 and I hope you will like it if it's published. :D

On 3/24/2017 at 1:48 PM, QuentinCle95 said:

I'm currently working on a guide of Nier: Automata (PS4) for people who want to earn every trophy legitimately. :) 

8 hours ago, snowprolegend said:

Rubhen925 and I have started a guide for Mass Effect Andromeda. 

PS4

Mass Effect Andromeda

Updated list. Thanks everyone!

16 hours ago, ddracarys said:

My DLC guides for Rise of the Tomb Raider are done, after @dell9300 does one last proof on things I will publish them all. Please be nice as these are my first guides. I will consult this thread again when they are published, which shouldn't be too long now.

And now, onto the bad news. My guide for Remember Me has been erased and it was about 98% complete. While I was last editing it, I had accidentally backed up the wrong file onto my hard drive which replaced my newer edited version of the document, so now I only have the beginning part of the guide and am now back to about 15% of the guide complete. Obviously I am annoyed, but I really have no interest in rewriting and reformatting everything I had done. I would just like to apologize to @Beyondthegrave07 for putting up with my shit, @Jyn Erso for the tireless support and the Guide Team for... I guess also putting up with my shit. I know a lot of people were looking forward to seeing this guide up including myself. I have failed a lot of people and I cannot express how deeply disheartened I am.

@BlueBerry_1337, I know you were wanting to write up a guide for Remember Me yourself so maybe this is your chance if you want to take it. That also leaves the question to the OP if Remember Me should remain up on that list or not.

I personally am (among extremely bloody annoyed) done with this guide and have no interest in writing it back up. So for whoever takes up writing it, I wish you the best of luck and look forward to seeing it up on the site soon. Once again, sorry all.

I'll remove remember me from the list until I have confirmation that someone else is creating a new guide for it. But damn that sucks. Hopefully, this won't dishearten you from creating more guides. :)

2 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I'll remove remember me from the list until I have confirmation that someone else is creating a new guide for it. But damn that sucks. Hopefully, this won't dishearten you from creating more guides. :)

Definitely not, I love writing and will most likely write up some more guides for games I am confident in when I have more time on my hands. Thanks again for putting up with my shit.

Decided to start one, to contribute a bit. ^^

• Blackwood Crossing
  • PS4
  • guide's in progress
  • no help needed

Edit: yet I can't seem to create a guide (been following this), when clicking the "Create Guide" button, the trophy page reloads and that's it... do I need approval first?

(tried with latest Firefox, latest Chrome, Win10 Pro x64)

Edited by ZA-TomTom
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ZA-TomTom said:

• Blackwood Crossing
  • PS4
  • guide's in progress
  • no help needed

Edit: yet I can't seem to create a guide (been foloowing this), when clicking the "Create Guide" button, the trophy page reloads and that's it... do I need approval first?

You need to go to the page of the trophy list for the game you want to create a guide for and there should be an option to "create guide". Though, I haven't tested this myself, but I think you need to own the game and have 80% of the trophies or something like that to create a guide. To reiterate, I'm not sure about that last part. @Dragon-Archon would know more about the requirements.

4 hours ago, ZA-TomTom said:

• Blackwood Crossing
  • PS4
  • guide's in progress
  • no help needed

Edit: yet I can't seem to create a guide (been foloowing this), when clicking the "Create Guide" button, the trophy page reloads and that's it... do I need approval first?

56 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

You need to go to the page of the trophy list for the game you want to create a guide for and there should be an option to "create guide". Though, I haven't tested this myself, but I think you need to own the game and have 80% of the trophies or something like that to create a guide. To reiterate, I'm not sure about that last part. @Dragon-Archon would know more about the requirements.

No, to create a guide you need to have at least 1 trophy unlocked and synced to PSN, then update the profile on PSNProfiles. Once a guide has been created, it'll be stored here: https://psnprofiles.com/guides/mine

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

No, to create a guide you need to have at least 1 trophy unlocked and synced to PSN, then update the profile on PSNProfiles. Once a guide has been created, it'll be stored here: https://psnprofiles.com/guides/mine

Yup, that's what I read on the FAQ topic, I've followed the video for creating the guide and I meet the requirements (I have the plat and it's synced with my profile), but it's never stored anywhere after I fill the short description and hit the "Create" button.

Well I'll try again tomorrow.

Edited by ZA-TomTom

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Thanks for the clarification Dragon.

11 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Thanks for taking the time to answer. ;)

So I tried again, re-read the guide here, I went to the game's page and hit the button "Create a Trophy or Gameplay Guide", it opened a popup window, I filled the "Game introduction" textarea and chose "Trophy Guide" as a type. Then I clicked the green button "Create Guide", the popup window disappeared, and... that was it, I was still on the game's page, and nothing on this page.

Am I doing something wrong?

Undead Wolf, Lucas, and me have started working on a guide for Persona 5.

13 hours ago, ZA-TomTom said:

Thanks for taking the time to answer. ;)

So I tried again, re-read the guide here, I went to the game's page and hit the button "Create a Trophy or Gameplay Guide", it opened a popup window, I filled the "Game introduction" textarea and chose "Trophy Guide" as a type. Then I clicked the green button "Create Guide", the popup window disappeared, and... that was it, I was still on the game's page, and nothing on this page.

Am I doing something wrong?

You're doing all the correct things so that should've created a guide. Only thing I can think off is some kind of bug. PM Sly Ripper and maybe he can figure out if there's a bug.

• Like 3