What guide(s) are you currently writing?

Beyondthegrave07

On 4/20/2017 at 3:47 AM, QuentinCle95 said:

I'm working on a puzzle guide for 999 (The first half of The Nonary Games). I've made the template and a roadmap, but am actually quite intimidated by the number of puzzles to cover, so if anyone wants to help out, I'm totally open to that :)

Just don't put step-by-step guides for all puzzles that would take away the fun =D

57 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Just don't put step-by-step guides for all puzzles that would take away the fun =D

I followed a step-by-step puzzle guide for both VLR and ZTD. I suck at puzzles, and the Zero Escape series has some pretty obscure ones. Is this a sin on par with using the English dub in Persona 5? :P

8 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Basically, what I'm doing is:

1. Giving people the roadmap of paths to each ending.

2. Going over every escape room.

BUT: I do emphasize many many times that I encourage players to try for themselves first, and that this guide should really only be consulted if they already have and are stuck somewhere. 

First and foremost, I plainly describe where players can find the objects they need to solve the puzzle (finding hidden-away objects isn't really much fun, so I have no problem giving those locations away). Also: for every puzzle, I give two hints that push the player in the right direction. Only after not being helped by those hints, can a player scroll down to the actual solution, which is under a spoiler tag. 

So I don't think the fun of solving the puzzles will really be ruined for anyone who doesn't want it to be :) It's made so that people can take away as much or as little from it as they want to :D 

7 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

I followed a step-by-step puzzle guide for both VLR and ZTD. I suck at puzzles, and the Zero Escape series has some pretty obscure ones. Is this a sin on par with using the English dub in Persona 5? :P

I personally don't think the puzzles in the Zero Escape Series are at all as obscure or "Moon Logic" as many other puzzle-heavy games, but to each their own :) I do recommend at least trying something before trying to find the solution online immediately. But either way, the guide will deliver both to players who just want a nudge in the right direction, and to people who want more straight-forward answers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, QuentinCle95 said:

First and foremost, I plainly describe where players can find the objects they need to solve the puzzle (finding hidden-away objects isn't really much fun, so I have no problem giving those locations away). Also: for every puzzle, I give two hints that push the player in the right direction. Only after not being helped by those hints, can a player scroll down to the actual solution, which is under a spoiler tag. 

Cool, cool, cool. This is a good way. Finding the items is the worst part.

• Like 1

Hey guys,

I've laid down a few pieces in the The Escapists: The Walking Dead, but I'm also well underway on a guide for:

Game: Tearaway Unfolded

Platform:  PS4

Help:  Assistance not needed at this time

I've been replaying both of these over the last few days so both are fresh in my mind, that's why I picked up the guide for Tearaway Unfolded as well.

Thanks, and keep up the great work all!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pixel-DRAGON- said:

Best Netflix original anime :highfive:

Lol, Netflix isn't the one who made it.

9 hours ago, Alternatewarning said:

Should I contact them and ask if they're still working on it or just start one myself?

You could try contacting them and ask if you can join as a contributor. Seems better than starting from scratch.

So... anyone else having trouble linking trophies? I'm doing it EXACTLY like the guide says but all trophy links open in a new tab instead of scrolling down... that seems to be the only thing I still need to fix

Edited by Zanreo

20 minutes ago, Zanreo said:

So... anyone else having trouble linking trophies? I'm doing it EXACTLY like the guide says but all trophy links open in a new tab instead of scrolling down... that seems to be the only thing I still need to fix

If the URL of the links is the proper one you shouldn't worry about it. It seems like links to trophies in guides with non-ascii letters cause the link to open in a new tab. E.g. click in this guide on any trophy link and it will open in a new tab:

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/5903-plastic-memories-trophy-guide

Another example is this:

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/5975-gravity-rush-2-another-story-the-ark-of-time-ravens-choice-dlc-trophy-guide#7-keeping-secrets

Click on the Deja vu-trophy link and it will also open in a new tab. But other links scroll down.