What guide(s) are you currently writing?

Beyondthegrave07

1 hour ago, Miles_Warren said:

FYI, my upcoming walkthrough for Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink will look like a pile of crap compared to that guide. Geez 1f631.png

To answer @optimusmart query, the guide writing system is really easy to use and you shouldn't have a problem with it. My advice is to do a little research before diving into guide writing. Read the guide writing tutorial @Ghoststorm71 posted for you. Read other guides that have already being published and see how much detail the writer has put into each trophy description. Even if the trophy is pretty easy to unlock, you need to give as much detail as possible. Treat the reader as somebody who knows absolutely nothing about the game.

As for walkthroughs, I don't think the guide team refuse any type of guide regardless of how easy or difficult the game is. As I said, I am writing a walkthrough for Clockwork Tales. Ask anybody who played this game and they will tell you it is pretty easy platinum. And it is. But there are sections in the game where I was wandering around for 20 minutes trying to figure out what to do next. I think a walkthrough is justified to prevent future players from getting stuck at certain puzzles or sections in the game. Feel free to create a walkthrough guide for a game you think deserves one.

Yeah, im fine with the guide writing, as I say, im experienced with it and know my approach to guides meet this sites requirements anyhow, I think anyway ;)

The platinum walkthroughs are a big thing for me, i went from trophy guides to platinum speedruns to platinum walkthroughs. Im not sure what im doing with my future platinum walkthroughs for now, but now, but i was thinking i could condense some of the info to pop trophy guides up on this site

Not sure about my new walkthroughs on here for now, but I may convert my existing platinum walkthroughs for here. They are designed around speed/difficulty, and I have them for about 8 games from The Witcher 3, to Fallout 4, to Shantae half genie hero, to resident evil, Uncharted 4 plus more. I may speak to the guide team here, have them look at one of the larger guides and see what they think

Im pleased to know there are becoming more and more of us that are completing these walkthroughs, keep up the good work guys ;)

Is anybody getting error code 400 a lot anytime you are trying to save a guide after you have written something (usually that something is a really detailed description of how to unlock a trophy ?)? I am getting it a lot the past two days and it is making me lose a lot of work and I have to start over. Anytime I copy and paste what I wrote I get another message saying that it cannot read what I wrote. Basically, I have to manually type everything again.

It is a minor nuisance as it just means I need to save every two minutes. But I was wondering if it was happening to anybody else?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Miles_Warren said:

Is anybody getting error code 400 a lot anytime you are trying to save a guide after you have written something (usually that something is a really detailed description of how to unlock a trophy 1f60f.png)? I am getting it a lot the past two days and it is making me lose a lot of work and I have to start over. Anytime I copy and paste what I wrote I get another message saying that it cannot read what I wrote. Basically, I have to manually type everything again.

It is a minor nuisance as it just means I need to save every two minutes. But I was wondering if it was happening to anybody else?

When I was working on the Kingdoms of Amalur guide, before it got published, I was getting a lot of 404s too. Fortunately I never needed to retype anything but it was still annoying.

Sorry to hear it’s been more than a nuisance as of late, if it starts becoming a major issue perhaps you should let either the Guide Team or Sly know? That way they are at least aware of the issue.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Currently writing an Eagle Flight (PSVR) guide, the very first one on the Internet!

I hope this guide will encourage VR owners to give a second look at this game and that they want to Platinum it. It isn’t long and it isn’t that difficult to achieve. Yes, the 200 Online wins are quicker to boost than people think!

Edited by Maxie Mouse
  • Like 2

On 26-9-2017 at 8:37 AM, Ghoststorm71 said:

If you don't know how to label something or convert something, either ask around or leave it alone until a staff member reviews it, they usually give helpful feedback.

It's better to ask a Guide Team member instead of leaving it alone until. That saves us time when reviewing a guide.

Since I'm not sure, the collaborations thread is still active...
I just saw in the suggestion thread, that someone asked for a Stardew Valley guide. I myself don't have the plat even though I know for most of them how to get it. They just take a lot of time. But it is a really big game with lots of details, so does anyone want to collaborate on a Stardew guide? I wouldn't want to write it all by myself.

(Of course, if no one already works on a guide. But unless the person hasn't said anything on this thread, i don't think, there is someone currently writing a guide)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lagoonaris said:

Since I'm not sure, the collaborations thread is still active...
I just saw in the suggestion thread, that someone asked for a Stardew Valley guide. I myself don't have the plat even though I know for most of them how to get it. They just take a lot of time. But it is a really big game with lots of details, so does anyone want to collaborate on a Stardew guide? I wouldn't want to write it all by myself.

(Of course, if no one already works on a guide. But unless the person hasn't said anything on this thread, i don't think, there is someone currently writing a guide)

Added to the OP. Let me know when you want it removed.

29 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

What's the etiquette for starting a guide for a game that already has one shown here as "In Hiatus"?

Just start one. They've been outstanding for over 2 years without an update. It's not like we can't have multiple guides for games anyways. ;)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

What's the etiquette for starting a guide for a game that already has one shown here as "In Hiatus"?

Would agree with Beyondthegrave07. First come first serve I guess. I would maybe check if something was said about the game in the last month or so in this thread, but if not, I would just start one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eigen-space said:

36 minutes ago, lagoonaris said:

Would agree with Beyondthegrave07. First come first serve I guess. I would maybe check if something was said about the game in the last month or so in this thread, but if not, I would just start one.

To add to this point, you can technically start a guide for a game that already has a guide as well. However, the guide needs to bring something new to the table then the previous guide or written from a different perspective to be published. This way, we don't have 48 guides of "My Name is Mayo" because let's be honest, the game doesn't need more than one guide. If you have something you want to add to someone else's guide or know better methods of earning a trophy (or trophies), mention it in the comments box or ask to become a contributor of the guide (for multiple trophies only). I do this all the time (the commenting part) and have actually received PMs from people thanking me for mentioning something in the comments.

In your case, it sounds like a guide isn't even published yet, we just know that someone has a guide outstanding for over 2 years with no update on the progress. Either just start a new one or if you don't want to start from scratch, you can scroll through the posts on this thread to see who created the guide and PM the person and ask if you can be added to the guide. It's honestly up to you.