What guide(s) are you currently writing?

Beyondthegrave07

11 hours ago, optimusmart said:

Knee Deep guide is done, just need to add it, gonna be fun learnng the editing and posting process here *gulp*

It's honestly not as hard as you think it is. Thankfully, PSNP offers the most user friendly presentation for trophy guides I have found / seen online. So PSNP kind of does half the work for you already. However, in case anything comes up you're unsure of feel free to message me! I'm sure you'll be fine though!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Venocide said:

I noticed there isn't a trophy guide for Ni No Kuni so I'm gonna have a crack at that. 

Always thought about writing one myself but I still haven't gotten to finish the game yet :D I wish you lots of fun with the guide. And if you want some help, you can hit me up. I can return to the game anytime to continue it :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Venocide said:

I noticed there isn't a trophy guide for Ni No Kuni so I'm gonna have a crack at that. 

I've been writing one, but need help with a few things... You wanna join me?

14 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Good luck! It's been on this list for a long while. 

Lol. Yeah, I've had that thing on there since 2014 and haven't worked on it since really 2016. I thought I had it under control and get it out this year because I recruited Dragon to help me out, but we haven't done much with it.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Clarification
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Game: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2

Platform: PS4

I'm probably about halfway through this guide, but still have to play a bit more to have all the information I need to finish it. Probably will be done by the end of the month.

• Like 2

Just submitted my first guide here:

Knee Deep Trophy walkthrough

Im guessing nobody is available to review guides on weekends, so will it be next week when the team look at it?

I found the format options here really good, I was quite surprised to be honest. I expected it to be like playstationtrophies, but it's actually more like Gamefaqs. I normally post guides to playstationtrophies or gamefaqs (depending on size) before anywhere else, but I may begin posting them here now first, and then decide about posting to other sites. It's so much work uploading to various sites, thinking about just settling on one site

Anybody know off a good way to easily convert guides between sites? Its a pain with all the different code mashing when you copy/paste. Because I did my guide on word, then put on pstrophies and edited a lot, I then copy/pasted to here and I had errors so much when saving, think I wasted about 4 hours just with that

If anybody wants to view the guide I have submitted, it is here

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/knee-deep/321670-knee-deep-trophy-walkthrough.html

Obviously the one here has some didn't layout formats, although the guide content is the same. I have utilised tables here and also I have been able to emphasise new scenes better

I know the guide has a lot of button prompts in it, but that's all this game is, literally mashing buttons. 

I just hope I have a good experience with my first guide submittal, I'm not really prepared to keep editing things to meet site standards if it's not at that stage already (hopefully it is though)

If anybody get's a chance, do you think the guide linked would be accepted here, of course I have used some different formatting options as mentioned earlier

I think I may just start on my Dragons Dogma DA platinum walkthrough (10-20hrs plat) next. Put Unepic and Lumo behind for now, I just want to get something done with some meat and i've been looking forward to it for a month or so now and getting a bit of interest for it.

Thanks all :n)

Edited by optimusmart
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, optimusmart said:

Just submitted my first guide here:

Knee Deep Trophy walkthrough

Im guessing nobody is available to review guides on weekends, so will it be next week when the team look at it?

I found the format options here really good, I was quite surprised to be honest. I expected it to be like playstationtrophies, but it's actually more like Gamefaqs. I normally post guides to playstationtrophies or gamefaqs (depending on size) before anywhere else, but I may begin posting them here now first, and then decide about posting to other sites. It's so much work uploading to various sites, thinking about just settling on one site

Anybody know off a good way to easily convert guides between sites? Its a pain with all the different code mashing when you copy/paste. Because I did my guide on word, then put on pstrophies and edited a lot, I then copy/pasted to here and I had errors so much when saving, think I wasted about 4 hours just with that

If anybody wants to view the guide I have submitted, it is here

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/knee-deep/321670-knee-deep-trophy-walkthrough.html

Obviously the one here has some didn't layout formats, although the guide content is the same. I have utilised tables here and also I have been able to emphasise new scenes better

I know the guide has a lot of button prompts in it, but that's all this game is, literally mashing buttons. 

I just hope I have a good experience with my first guide submittal, I'm not really prepared to keep editing things to meet site standards if it's not at that stage already (hopefully it is though)

If anybody get's a chance, do you think the guide linked would be accepted here, of course I have used some different formatting options as mentioned earlier

I think I may just start on my Dragons Dogma DA platinum walkthrough (10-20hrs plat) next. Put Unepic and Lumo behind for now, I just want to get something done with some meat and i've been looking forward to it for a month or so now and getting a bit of interest for it.

Thanks all :n)

It looks similar to the Stein's Gate guide posted here. If you've organized it the same way as the PST guide, it should go through.

The guide team will make minor fixes, so don't worry too much about having to submit a guide multiple times and keep fixing it. They are pretty upfront about what needs to be done.

Knee Deep Trophy Walkthrough done and up, can be found here

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/6893-knee-deep-trophy-walkthrough

It went through first time, that's good, I expected to get at least some problem as I didn't really look much into the guide tutorial. I didn't get any messages from the guide team, should I have got at lkeast a comment somewhere from them, due to this being my first guide??

It wasn't a bad experience to be honest, much better formatter than pstrophies, but Gamefaqs has a few more functions

I've been uploading this guide to 3 sites over the last few days, and its been a bloody pain. I don't think im going to do it this way in future, too much trouble

I like these trophy sites, as these are where the biggest audience is for my guides, problem I have though is the better the formatter, the better I can present my guide.

Because of this, I'm stuck between Gamefaqs and this site. Anybody know of software that can allow me to transfer to Gamefaqs and this site with little trouble?? I did this guide on word, and Ive had to change everything everytime I started converting it to another site

Edited by optimusmart
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Kallume said:

Game: Reus

Platform: PS4

@Beyondthegrave07 - Do I have any guides that are outstanding? It has been a while since I have written one.

I'll have to double-check and look later. I remember you saying that you were taking a break from writing, but I'll have to go back pedal a bit.

Just now, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I'll have to double-check and look later. I remember you saying that you were taking a break from writing, but I'll have to go back pedal a bit.

It might just be Dungeons 2... I recall that I offered to build that guide and do have it started in my pool, but it has been too long since I played it so if I did commit to that one, I'll need to withdraw. Please make sure that that was me and not someone else! :D

I have another and rather big update

First off, sad to say, but Lumo is off my list for now. I had sort off begun it, got some screenshots taken for collectibles but i dont find the game very fun so am moving past it for now. 'May' come back to it later

Now for the goodstuff ;)

This year, I hope to get the following Platinum Walkthroughs up;

This week

Knee Deep - Optotests guide

6 trophies are related to this and currently there is no 100% accurate info regarding this on the net. Ive worked out everything regarding this while making my walkthrough and feel this info is needed and requires its own guide

Yr 1st quarter:

Dragons Dogma:DA 

Route is all planned out and am now ready to begin writing

Unepic

Route is planned and will begin writing after DD is done

2nd qtr

Persona 5

This guide is actually about 70% done, I started early last year, have maps created and everything but I stopped working on. I now plan to get it converted to here and then finish it off. Will start on it after Unepic is done

Thats all I have for now, but this is my outline for next few guides. Like I say, they will be platinum walkthroughs so u may need to categorise them so not to confuse (they will contain of routes that provide the fastest/easiest route to platinum, so will not be as packed as u think) 

I look forward to getting the DD one done and my P5 guide finished ;)

EDIT:

And forgot to add, sometime during the above when I need a breather, I will convert these 2 of my platinum walkthroughs to the site:

Shantae: half genie hero

Broken age

Edited by optimusmart
  • Like 3

Game: Worms Battlegrounds

Platform: PS4

After about 6 hours of work, my Worms Battlegrounds guide is about finished.  I still need to finish up 15 trophies of information.

It ended up taking longer than I thought to write up instructions on how to do certain things and double check my work.  Certain trophies I included a list of instructions for that I had to go back and forth between the game on a few times.  That and formatting it so it doesn't look crappy.

Most of my time ended up going into the Roadmap.

This is my first guide and I hope it goes okay.  I'm planning to do Worms W.M.D. once I finish the plat.

----

Edit: Did my trophy rank really go down because I didn't get trophies while writing a trophy guide?  Well, that's irony for ya. xD 

Edit 2: Require 2 more trophies of information and some instructions on setting a custom/different scheme in a solo match as well as enabling the Set Teleport In option.  Then after a double checking of spelling and links, I should be done.

Edit 3: Guide is now pending review.

Edited by Temmie
  • Like 2

Over vacation I had a look through all my previous published Trophy Guides, and I noticed that there was a lot of formatting issues. I would just like to apologise for not noticing all of these mistakes sooner (honestly surprised these guides were published in their previous states). All my published Trophy Guides up to this point have all been updated and fixed! Thanks to everybody for baring with me and I hope my guides continue to be helpful! :lol:

It should also be noted that @BlueBerry_1337 is now taking care of the Remember Me Trophy Guide herself. Previously we had been collaborating on this guide, but due to personal reasons I had to leave. This, however, does not affect the guide and it will still be up eventually once she’s done. I’m sure it will be as efficiently crafted as her previous guides.

One of my goals for 2018 is to pump out more Trophy Guides, and boy do I have a lot of those planned! I’m very excited to reveal them all slowly as I continue to plan for them, but so far I have roughly thirty guides in my crosshairs! To kick off the year, I am currently collaborating with my elder brother to bring all of you the following Trophy Guides:

• BioShock: Infinite Trophy Guide (PS4).
  • BioShock: Infinite: Clash in the Clouds DLC Guide (PS4).
  • BioShock: Infinite: Burial at Sea Episode 1 DLC Guide (PS4).
  • Bioshock: Infinite: Burial at Sea Episode 2 DLC Guide (PS4).

Half of them are already complete actually, but I am waiting until they are all done to submit. These Trophy Guides are also not to be confused with the PS3 version of the game, as there are a lot of differences between the two versions. And we will not require any help, but thanks to anybody who offers anyway!

This is my brother’s first Trophy Guides and it’s been super fun crafting these guides with him. We are both major fans of the BioShock series, so we have compiled an extremely comprehensive guide for everybody. I am beyond proud of what we have come up with, so I hope it provides useful!

Happy guide writing all! Let’s make 2018 the biggest for the guide writing community!

Edited by ddracarys
  • Like 3

On 15.1.2018 at 5:59 AM, ddracarys said:

One of my goals for 2018 is to pump out more Trophy Guides, and boy do I have a lot of those planned! I’m very excited to reveal them all slowly as I continue to plan for them, but so far I have roughly thirty guides in my crosshairs! To kick off the year, I am currently collaborating with my elder brother to bring all of you the following Trophy Guides:

Thirty?! That's more than one every other week. That's what I call being productive. Wish you lots of fun writing all those. :D

• Like 2