What guide(s) are you currently writing?

Beyondthegrave07

I've officially decided to try making my second guide ever it's gonna be for SECRET OF MANA. Since I would like this guide to be great and with my limited experience, I'm asking if anyone would be interested in helping with the guide? My only guide I've ever made was for the game Gauntlet, which turned out well but it in comparison is an easier game to write one for. So I'm open to experienced and new writers alike, as they say, two heads are better than one. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Champ147 said:

I've officially decided to try making my second guide ever it's gonna be for SECRET OF MANA. Since I would like this guide to be great and with my limited experience, I'm asking if anyone would be interested in helping with the guide? My only guide I've ever made was for the game Gauntlet, which turned out well but it in comparison is an easier game to write one for. So I'm open to experienced and new writers alike, as they say, two heads are better than one. 

What kind of help are you looking for exactly? Somebody experienced in the game, to help you with writing about details? Or somebody experienced in guide writing, to help you with formatting? I can do the latter, but I haven’t played Secret of Mana before. So, either than tidying up, I’m afraid I can’t do much else for you.

Edited by ddracarys
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ddracarys said:

What kind of help are you looking for exactly? Somebody experienced in the game, to help you with writing about details? Or somebody experienced in guide writing, to help you with formatting? I can do the latter, but I haven’t played Secret of Mana before. So, either than tidying up, I’m afraid I can’t do much else for you.

I'm looking for I guess some of both. There will be some long lists in the guide that I plan on putting in as a detailed checklist sort of speak. There are trophies that require you to obtain every item in many categories of both equipment and monsters (monster list will be 100+ long). And since all those trophies are missable, I feel it all has to be put in there. Then about 75% of the trophies are all story related defeat "x" boss trophies. I want to put down more than just a simple, defeat this boss to get this trophy description. So I was wondering about adding somewhat of a general strategy for each or something. 

So the help I was looking for was in boss strategies and formatting. I do realize that this is a trophy guide and not a strategy guide/walk through so I guess I'm wondering how far should I go/say in regards to a trophy that is unmissable for defeating particular story related bosses? Should I just stick with defeat this boss at such and such location and call it good? or should I say that and put in a small strategy for each one to?  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Champ147 said:

I'm looking for I guess some of both. There will be some long lists in the guide that I plan on putting in as a detailed checklist sort of speak. There are trophies that require you to obtain every item in many categories of both equipment and monsters (monster list will be 100+ long). And since all those trophies are missable, I feel it all has to be put in there. Then about 75% of the trophies are all story related defeat "x" boss trophies. I want to put down more than just a simple, defeat this boss to get this trophy description. So I was wondering about adding somewhat of a general strategy for each or something. 

So the help I was looking for was in boss strategies and formatting. I do realize that this is a trophy guide and not a strategy guide/walk through so I guess I'm wondering how far should I go/say in regards to a trophy that is unmissable for defeating particular story related bosses? Should I just stick with defeat this boss at such and such location and call it good? or should I say that and put in a small strategy for each one to?  

I'll message you about all your queries.

• Like 2

On 21/12/2017 at 7:05 PM, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Ive currently gone off intended plan slightly, and started making a I AM SETSUNA trophy walkthrough. Shouldnt take long, this is how its coming along so far;

uvAA8rf.png

XO326k7.png

IQbsEiT.png

I still have some edited to do in these parts, so not the exact way it will all appear, but gives an idea

Once this is done, ahould be done in a month I hope, I will then move onto Dragons Dogma DA as planned and give that Trophy walkthrough the same treatment

The Editor is treating these guides well ;)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, optimusmart said:

Ive currently gone off intended plan slightly, and started making a I AM SETSUNA trophy walkthrough. Shouldnt take long, this is how its coming along so far;

You are creating the I Am Setsuna Trophy Guide on your mobile? Maybe I am wrong, and you were just showing your progress, but otherwise you shouldn't be creating Trophy Guides via mobile. This is the first point in the Trophy Guide Manual.

Edited by ddracarys
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ddracarys said:

You are creating the I Am Setsuna Trophy Guide on your mobile? Maybe I am wrong, and you were just showing your progress, but otherwise you shouldn't be creating Trophy Guides via mobile. This is the first point in the Trophy Guide Manual.

Its a Trophy Walkthrough bud, will get user Platinum in 15-20hrs

They're just screenshots taken using my mobile. Its not even possible is it to write properly on mobile, the functions dont work properly

• Like 1

6 hours ago, optimusmart said:

Once this is done, ahould be done in a month I hope, I will then move onto Dragons Dogma DA as planned and give that Trophy walkthrough the same treatment

Are you planning to write a trophy guide or gameplay guide for DD:DA? If it's a trophy guide, we could team up as I wrote a guide for the PS3 version.

i just started a guide for SSX and it's gonna be my new biggest thing ever.

i've already teamed up with 2 guys for SSX and i'm still looking forward to team up with 2 other guys who can write alot of detailed shit without getting bored. (You must at least have played SSX on your profile)

LETS MAKE THIS GUIDE BECOME THE NEW GUIDE OF THE YEAR! 

again, i'm looking for quality writers here who have played the game. :) 

PLEASE, SERIOUS PEOPLE ONLY.

Edited by SniperEliteDido
  • Like 1

On 2/23/2018 at 0:16 AM, Maxie Mouse said:

Hey there! I definitely want to make a Moss trophy guide when it comes out next week! Anyone who’s interested too, I’d like to work with you. :)

Let me know how this game is. As a VR owner, I'm always on the lookout for quality VR games.

2 hours ago, SniperEliteDido said:

i just started a guide for SSX and it's gonna be my new biggest thing ever.

i've already teamed up with 2 guys for SSX and i'm still looking forward to team up with 2 other guys who can write alot of detailed shit without getting bored. (You must at least have played SSX on your profile)

LETS MAKE THIS GUIDE BECOME THE NEW GUIDE OF THE YEAR! 

again, i'm looking for quality writers here who have played the game. :) 

PLEASE, SERIOUS PEOPLE ONLY.

Best of luck! Competition is always steep for those awards.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Are you planning to write a trophy guide or gameplay guide for DD:DA? If it's a trophy guide, we could team up as I wrote a guide for the PS3 version.

Trophy Walkthrough AKA Gameplay guide

But, once it is done, although not initially my plan, I could contribute to a TG I guess. I mean, I've got all the methods down and everything 

Would you not mind though with some of my methods being different to your PS3 methods.  With all the extra DLC stuff, makes getting the Platinum easier

I am utilising different methods for almost every Tropjy not Story related

Edited by optimusmart

10 hours ago, optimusmart said:

Trophy Walkthrough AKA Gameplay guide

But, once it is done, although not initially my plan, I could contribute to a TG I guess. I mean, I've got all the methods down and everything 

Would you not mind though with some of my methods being different to your PS3 methods.  With all the extra DLC stuff, makes getting the Platinum easier

I am utilising different methods for almost every Tropjy not Story related

Sure, I don't mind. 

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Sure, I don't mind. 

Oh ok, once the I Am Setsuna TW is up and published, I will get started on the DD:DA TW

Sometime while im writing the TW, I will get in touch bud once I feel I have enough info together and we can collaborate if there no TG up before then

I will be putting maps/screenshots/videos together to compliment the TW, which some may be helpful to the TG, so I cant really collaborate until I have all that done

Dont think the TW will take me that long though so hopefully not too far off. I think the I Am Setsuna one will take longer

Am really looking forward to getting back onto DD and writing it though. I briefly jumped back in a few days ago to experiment with that tradeban after a discussion on gamefaqs and it reminded me how fun the game is

I will keep in touch, and thanks for the invite ;)

Edited by optimusmart

I am Setsuna Trophy Walkthrough is very close to finish

Sidetracked for a week creating a TW for another game which was unplanned

IaS is all wrote now, just finished creating maps for the dungeons last week. Gotta go through and test the guide now, clearing up any discrepancies, add the maps and some more images then should be done

Going to try and get it up before the end of this month

Then full steam onto DD

• Like 1

On 3/14/2018 at 7:19 PM, Maxie Mouse said:

Does anyone want to help me with my Moss guide?

Did you need help with details on the game, or guide writing in general? Because I haven't played the game before, but I can do all the technical guide writing stuff for you, if desired.

Edited by ddracarys
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mr2k_pdh said:

My first guide has just been published. Thanks to the guide team for their help.

Congrats on the guide. I think the team does a great job with good feedback and offer help when needed. Guide of the year is also very generous of the staff to do and you can tell that they like what they do and appreciate the contribution.

Side note, I was able to crank out a "Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes" gameplay guide over the weekend.

Also, I was wondering, does anyone have issues with the title of sections reverting back to "Add Title to section?" I had to constantly go back and rename each part because it did it to me while editing. I never had this issue before and was wondering if it was specific to me.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Congrats on the guide. I think the team does a great job with good feedback and offer help when needed. Guide of the year is also very generous of the staff to do and you can tell that they like what they do and appreciate the contribution.

Side note, I was able to crank out a "Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes" gameplay guide over the weekend.

Also, I was wondering, does anyone have issues with the title of sections reverting back to "Add Title to section?" I had to constantly go back and rename each part because it did it to me while editing. I never had this issue before and was wondering if it was specific to me.

Were u moving sections around a lot?

I seem to experience that sometimes when moving sections. 

I find it annoying when you highlight more than one cell on a table, and it sends u back to the top of the section

Its a great editor, one of the best, but its not without some very minor flaws