Borderlands: Back Online. No, Really.

damon8r351

• 3 weeks later...

Confirmed also!

SummerEnds and I worked together and im not exactly sure what did it, but this is everything we had when the trophy popped.

- Two Ps3s

- Two borderlands games

- Lan chords connected to PS3s and modem

- an account that had the trophy

- game save data that had the trophy

- profile data that had the trophy

Trophy popped on the loading screen.

PM me on PSN if you want me to email you the files =)

Wait, you actually need to have, account, game save AND profile that had the trophy? DAMN! can anyone confirm this? If this is true, it's impossible for me :(

Oh man... Really? Isn't there any hope left that they are going to put the servers online again? I would love to plat this game but if the online features don't come back it's gonna be impossible for me... :(

The Xbox 360 version uses Xbox Live servers and has always been online. The PC version has just implemented Steamworks servers and is now back online. The PS3 version however will most likely never be back online as the PS3 has a more complicated set up to be able to integrate another server into it.

The Xbox 360 version uses Xbox Live servers and has always been online. The PC version has just implemented Steamworks servers and is now back online. The PS3 version however will most likely never be back online as the PS3 has a more complicated set up to be able to integrate another server into it.

There are a lot of players out there and I can't believe they're going to simply close down the servers for good. I guess that only time will tell... But didn't they say that it was only temporary? I tried to find an official statement about it but couldn't find anything.

There are a lot of players out there and I can't believe they're going to simply close down the servers for good. I guess that only time will tell... But didn't they say that it was only temporary? I tried to find an official statement about it but couldn't find anything.

They said it was only temporary for the PC version and they've managed to implement Steamworks to get that version back online. The Xbox and PC have similar set-ups and it wasn't too complicated to migrate the servers. The PS3 is set up different though and it is apparently way more complicated or virtually impossible to migrate the servers on. Basically it didn't matter how many players were still playing the PS3 version, it was how technically possible it was to do that was the problem.

Edited by Stevieboy

They said it was only temporary for the PC version and they've managed to implement Steamworks to get that version back online. The Xbox and PC have similar set-ups and it wasn't too complicated to migrate the servers. The PS3 is set up different though and it is apparently way more complicated or virtually impossible to migrate the servers on. Basically it didn't matter how many players were still playing the PS3 version, it was how technically possible it was to do that was the problem.

Thanks for the explanation man, I really appreciate it. ^_^ I guess there's hope then...

• Like 1

Well, that's too bad.  One of the things I wanted to do in my triumphant return to console gaming was to finally get to enjoy the split-screen multiplayer that was shamefully ripped out of the PC version of Borderlands.

Granted, I still can... but not being able to work towards a fancy new platinum on my PSN Profile is a bit discouraging.

Guess I can still get as close as humanly possible at least. :)

Edited by Dreakon13

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have a save they wouldn't mind emailing to me (so that I can get the viral trophy)? I'd love to get this platinum!

Is this even possible? 

Anyway, it was a fun, and easy (but time consuming) platinum. The second is even more of a freakin grind. Anyway, if this is possible I will be happy to share my saves. 

Is this even possible? 

Anyway, it was a fun, and easy (but time consuming) platinum. The second is even more of a freakin grind. Anyway, if this is possible I will be happy to share my saves. 

Have you ever used Xlinkkai, Hamachi, Xbs Link??

It is possible to play online via these programs, they configure a virtual lan.!!

Would you hava the patience to help me with it? If i manage to get the viral, i will be able to help many others!!

My facebook is https://www.facebook.com/thiago.batista.12532

It is possible to play online via these programs, they configure a virtual lan.!!

Would you hava the patience to help me with it? If i manage to get the viral, i will be able to help many others!!

I have used xlinkkai , but it was way way back in the day with the old xbox1 (not to be confused with xbox one hehe). I will look into it over the weekend, but I am sure we can do it!

I have used xlinkkai , but it was way way back in the day with the old xbox1 (not to be confused with xbox one hehe). I will look into it over the weekend, but I am sure we can do it!

If you guys can do it would you mind if I join it? I'd really appreciate any help with this dam trophy

Does anyone have a save they wouldn't mind emailing to me (so that I can get the viral trophy)? I'd love to get this platinum!

Pretty sure that using someone else's save file to unlock a trophy that you didn't earn counts as cheating and would get you knocked off this site.  If you are going this route you probably don't want to advertise it, and you definitely shouldn't be asking others to help you cheat in public forums.  

I have already got the trophy. Search the internet for xlink kai setup!!

Summarizing

port forward..

Check if they are opened..

The ps3 should be connected to the PC via cable

Get reachable yes..

your ps3 mac address should be recognized by the program..

Set it up..and call me!! I can give the trophy to anybody!!

my facebook

https://www.facebook...o.batista.12532

Edited by TBatBr
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have a question for anyone who has acquired this trophy post server shutdown. What version of Borderlands did you use?

I want to use the PSN GotY edition, but I have found descriptions for obtaining the trophy mentioning the "stackable release". Does that mean I need the original non-GotY disc version, or should any version work?

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

*Got the info. I just need an English version w/the same patch number*

Edited by Krispy_Knight

• 2 months later...