PS store: 'This is service is undergoing maintenance'. For over a bloody month!?

malox5

Is anybody else getting this when they go into the PS store (I use the UK one). This happened to to me after the last update. It keeps saying that 'This service is undergoing maintenance'. I've messaged several friends who use the US,Canadian,Australian,Japanese and European PS stores and they say that theirs are fine. I also messaged a friend who uses the UK one, but I've had no reply.

Is this a known problem? I've tried looking elsewhere but to no avail. Somebody, please tell me what is going on, because this is getting stupid.

I'll check it

Is anybody else getting this when they go into the PS store (I use the UK one). This happened to to me after the last update. It keeps saying that 'This service is undergoing maintenance'. I've messaged several friends who use the US,Canadian,Australian,Japanese and European PS stores and they say that theirs are fine. I also messaged a friend who uses the UK one, but I've had no reply.

Is this a known problem? I've tried looking elsewhere but to no avail. Somebody, please tell me what is going on, because this is getting stupid.

I had a similar problem after installing the 1.10 update for PlayStation Store.  After deleting the shortcut in the same column as other account stuff (management, trophy information, etc.), and then re-installing it from the column that has game information (saved game data, game currently playing, etc.), it worked just fine for me.  You could try that.

OMGGGG THE SERVERS ARE DOWN OH MA GAWWWWD OOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!!! 

Naaah seriously, you just need to restart your ps3, or restore file system (not 'restore system' - restoring the file system is a completely different thing). That usually fixes it for me, and I have the most broken ps3 in the world.  :)

• Like 1

OMGGGG THE SERVERS ARE DOWN OH MA GAWWWWD OOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!!! 

Naaah seriously, you just need to restart your ps3, or restore file system (not 'restore system' - restoring the file system is a completely different thing). That usually fixes it for me, and I have the most broken ps3 in the world.   :)

This may seem like a stupid question (I'm as useless with tech as your ps3 is apparently broken). How would I do that? And will I have any files or game data/DLC deleted? I don't want to do/press the wrong thing.

This may seem like a stupid question (I'm as useless with tech as your ps3 is apparently broken). How would I do that? And will I have any files or game data/DLC deleted? I don't want to do/press the wrong thing.

Yeah its actually quite stupid how Sony made this so complicated to do. 

Basically, what you want to do is hold the power button on your ps3 (whilst it is turned off). 

It should go green, beep, then beep again, then it should turn off (light goest back to red). 

Do this again, keep holding it, let it beep once, and you'll notice that instead of beeping once again it will do two fast beeps. 

This will take you to the reboot screen - be VERY careful, you only want to do the first option (restart system) or the third option (restore file system). Restoring the file system will take a few minutes, and it will delete all your messages, but nothing else. However, if you choose 'restore factory settings'... well.... everything is gone i'm afraid. :/

- Here's a video! Hope I helped :)
  • Like 1

Basically, what you want to do is hold the power button on your ps3 (whilst it is turned off). 

It should go green, beep, then beep again, then it should turn off (light goest back to red). 

Do this again, keep holding it, let it beep once, and you'll notice that instead of beeping once again it will do two fast beeps. 

This will take you to the reboot screen - be VERY careful, you only want to do the first option (restart system) or the third option (restore file system). Restoring the file system will take a few minutes, and it will delete all your messages, but nothing else. However, if you choose 'restore factory settings'... well.... everything is gone i'm afraid. :/

Ok thanks, will try.

I just deleted and reinstalled my ps store - didn't work

Did the restart system option - didn't work

Did the restore file system option - still didn't work

Deleted ps store again, did restart system again and then reinstalled again - doesn't work either

Deleted ps store for the 3rd time, restored file system again and reinstalled ps store for the 3rd time- still doesn't work.    :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Any other possible fixes, besides a total format?

Works fine for me. Hmm, i've never had this problem occur for over a month. Sorry, can't help you with this :(

Don't worry, it seems nobody does :/

delete the PS store and install it again, something like this is also happen to twice before. the first one was telling me the server is going under maintenance, the second is a black screen telling me an error occurred with the playstation store. close the server and start it again later, i'm an EU PSN user.

delete the PS store and install it again, something like this is also happen to twice before. the first one was telling me the server is going under maintenance, the second is a black screen telling me an error occurred with the playstation store. close the server and start it again later, i'm an EU PSN user.

I did that 3 times before

i had this problem too . you have to going to system setting and turn on automatic update and get an update that sony provide for this problem. this update fix my problem . after you turn on auto update set a time and turn off ur ps3 . then your ps3 getting on automatic and get the updat and your problem will fixed . u can cancel updat scren (after ur ps3 getting on automatic ) after 5 min and then going to download list and resum your ps store update and cancel any other game updates .

p.s sorry for my bad english hope u understand my words . :rolleyes:

• Like 1

i had this problem too . you have to going to system setting and turn on automatic update and get an update that sony provide for this problem. this update fix my problem . after you turn on auto update set a time and turn off ur ps3 . then your ps3 getting on automatic and get the updat and your problem will fixed . u can cancel updat scren (after ur ps3 getting on automatic ) after 5 min and then going to download list and resum your ps store update and cancel any other game updates .

p.s sorry for my bad english hope u understand my words . :rolleyes:

Ok, thanks, I'll try it as soon as i can.

still no luck?

Nope, this is really annoying. I got another tip from the official PSN forum, the guy told me to set my clock via online. The thing is though that my clock has a mind of it's own even via online.

Problem Solved!!! :yay:  :yay:  :yay:

The guy who told me to set my clock via online was correct (to my surprise).  None the less thank you all for the support :)

Edited by malox5
  • Like 2

• 5 years later...