I need some serious HELP!

I'm trying to get 10 consecutive wins on Survival mode, and NOTHING is working, I always get to around round 6 or 7, and even on easy mode, the AI does a combo that kills me instantly! I've tried Paul's burning fists, True Ogre's breathing fire, Hwoarang's kicks, Kazuya's spinning kicks. EVERYTHING. How on earth is this platinum 26% common? 

Tips please! I'm going insane! 

I'm trying to get 10 consecutive wins on Survival mode, and NOTHING is working, I always get to around round 6 or 7, and even on easy mode, the AI does a combo that kills me instantly! I've tried Paul's burning fists, True Ogre's breathing fire, Hwoarang's kicks, Kazuya's spinning kicks. EVERYTHING. How on earth is this platinum 26% common? 

Dude, you can do it. I suggest going to the practice mode and trying out some new combos with any characters you like. TTHD is much easier to make combos than any other tekken games out there. Paul's combos is the best because it consists of low to mid aid range attacks. Heihachi is also good as well. If you are getting good, then use Kazuya or Jin as they are good combo masters and easy to learn. 

Edited by GalacticBuster

Instead of using True Ogre's fire breath, try his double tap forward+triangle attack, even if they block the initial hit, it's second hit will always deal damage, and it downs them. If you're feeling courageous, use True Ogre's fire breath as they're getting up. Hopefully that helps.

EDIT: The double tap forward+triangle attack will be a thrust with his snake arm, if the thrust is blocked, the snake's bite will connect.

Edited by Blanc

Instead of using True Ogre's fire breath, try his double tap forward+triangle attack, even if they block the initial hit, it's second hit will always deal damage, and it downs them. If you're feeling courageous, use True Ogre's fire breath as they're getting up. Hopefully that helps.

EDIT: The double tap forward+triangle attack will be a thrust with his snake arm, if the thrust is blocked, the snake's bite will connect.

I've tried that before and it didn't work very well. When you did it, did you just spam that move over and over?

Pretty much, I also mixed in just the forward+triangle attack occasionally too.

Errgh, I'm getting really frustrated with this game now. The rounds easy until Fight 6 where they just destroy me. I've been trying True Ogre's Toward, Toward Triangle attack, everyone on Pst.org says it worked for them first try, and then there's me who's tried it 10+ times and can't get past round 7. I have no idea what to do now.... :angry:

• 4 months later...

This is one platinum that I straight up gave up on. It's a complete bullshit game, and the AI fight in such a pathetic manner. The fact that this game has such a high platinum percentage is beyond me. I prefer sticking to fighting games like KoF. When I'm getting my ass hammered in KoF I know it's fair and square.

This is one platinum that I straight up gave up on. It's a complete bullshit game, and the AI fight in such a pathetic manner. The fact that this game has such a high platinum percentage is beyond me. I prefer sticking to fighting games like KoF. When I'm getting my ass hammered in KoF I know it's fair and square.

I felt the same, but the True Ogre snake bite to kick spam (sorry can't remember the buttons) is the best way to do it, and a method I actually found easy. I'd recommend trying it yourself.

• 6 months later...

Holy shit guys! I know it's an old thread but tekken is a fighting game so you have to put in some effort, instead of asking for the best spamming moves!

And compared to other fighting games like street fighter, blazblue or dead or alive it's a pretty easy platinum.

Btw. the ai is pretty okay and not unfair. Games like soul calibur are unfair and badly balanced but not this series. Also, saying a game is "bullshit" is not

really constructive...

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Holy shit guys! I know it's an old thread but tekken is a fighting game so you have to put in some effort, instead of asking for the best spamming moves!

And compared to other fighting games like street fighter, blazblue or dead or alive it's a pretty easy platinum.

Btw. the ai is pretty okay and not unfair. Games like soul calibur are unfair and badly balanced but not this series. Also, saying a game is "bullshit" is not

really constructive...

Gommes, I honestly couldn't stand this game. I've played enough of King of Fighters and Dead or Alive to understand what a skill based fighting game is. I didn't enjoy this game, and that reason alone is enough for me to not spend time getting a platinum in this game. We all have our own opinions, and we all don't enjoy the same fighting games. I guess that keeps things interesting.

Looks like I will never be playing Soul Calibur! xD   lol 

Gommes, I honestly couldn't stand this game. I've played enough of King of Fighters and Dead or Alive to understand what a skill based fighting game is. I didn't enjoy this game, and that reason alone is enough for me to not spend time getting a platinum in this game. We all have our own opinions, and we all don't enjoy the same fighting games. I guess that keeps things interesting.

Looks like I will never be playing Soul Calibur! xD   lol 

It is totally fine to hate this game, just feels weird when people try to achieve things by not learning these kind of games. The same goes for pretty much every fighting game. But also for sportsgame and shooters. There are barely any shortcuts if one lacks a kind of dedication.

Just to specify: soul calibur's ai 5 is unfair. Other parts are pretty good actually. If you want an easy plat go for the the second soul calibur. Still looks good and plays fantastic.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I know this thread is old but the best thing to do on survival is use weng..you can input his square triangle move onto the L1 button and just spam back L1. Once the ai goes flying just run over to them and do a slide kick..Just use a secondary character that you like. I personally like Kazuma or Jin spinning kick which is up forward circle..thats a good backup spam move. For arcade hard mode and it might work with survival as well I just cant remember is to change the time to 30 seconds and put guard damage on and use Hworang and spam his back xxx..theyll just block it but since guard damage is on they'll take enough damage that youll win by default when time runs out. I think the most important thing to do is map some of the buttons to L1, L2, or R2. The game wouldn't recognize my inputs normally so doing it as 1 button worked great

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If you're calling DOA as an accomplishment in Skill Based fighting games... you need some serious help.  As far as help goes:

True Ogre: f, f+triangle

Paul: qcf+triangle

Heihachi: Same or d+square, triangle

Jin: b,f+triangle, square, triangle or u/f+o,o,o,o

Kazuya: Same as Jin for the spinning kicks

Bryan: f,f+triangle

Lei: d/b+o,o

Good luck.

• Like 1

I don't think I had any problems with this trophy, and according to my trophy time stamps, it took me less than 15 minutes to do.

I think I just used Kazuya and did the spin upwards kick. Basically hold up and right and rapidly press circle over and over. I often have either Bryan, Heihachi or Xaiu or something as second character, they got some nice both punch buttons attacks that is easy to pull off if you assign them to shoulder buttons. I usually do both punch at R2, and both kick at L2, and both right punch and kick at R1, and both left punch and kick at L1. May change one of 'em depending off if I wanna pull off some move that require some other combination than those. Like mix of right punch and left kick etc and inverted. :P

The bowling trophy on the other hand............... omg, I got like 3-5 points away several times. :( I literally spent 4 out of 8 hours in Tekken Tag HD on the bowling....... :(

• 3 weeks later...

I just managed to get the 10 wins in Survival using Lei and Paul. Lei's Fwd+X times 2 does decent damage at medium range. I had a couple of close calls around stage 7 and 9 but managed to pull out a desperate Buring Fist and a couple well timed low kicks to scrape through!

I'm still struggling with Time Attack and getting the 200 points in the bowling ... SO FRUSTATING!

Edited by smooth_dave86

I just managed to get the 10 wins in Survival using Lei and Paul. Lei's Fwd+Square x 2 does decent damage at medium range. I had a couple of close calls around stage 7 and 9 but managed to pull out a desperate Buring Fist and a couple well timed low kicks to scrape through!

I'm still struggling with Time Attack and getting the 200 points in the bowling ... SO FRUSTATING!

Not sure why you couldn't use Kazuya for all of the survival and time attack stuff. That usually makes the game super easy for me. I just spam it over and over, but sometimes, if the enemy counters a lot, you may need to learn a couple of other easy to pull off and cheap attacks. But the bowling... yeah, good luck with that. I literally spent half of my time doing that, and got several almost 200 points scores. Don't hit in the middle, do slightly to the side of the middle and I think with a little bit of spin (IIRC, but I may be mistaken about this).

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

Not sure why you couldn't use Kazuya for all of the survival and time attack stuff. That usually makes the game super easy for me. I just spam it over and over, but sometimes, if the enemy counters a lot, you may need to learn a couple of other easy to pull off and cheap attacks. But the bowling... yeah, good luck with that. I literally spent half of my time doing that, and got several almost 200 points scores. Don't hit in the middle, do slightly to the side of the middle and I think with a little bit of spin (IIRC, but I may be mistaken about this).

I seriously have owned this game since Christmas of 13...

...AND I STILL DON'T HAVE THIS FUCKING BULLSHIT ASS TROPHY

I seriously have owned this game since Christmas of 13...

...AND I STILL DON'T HAVE THIS FUCKING BULLSHIT ASS TROPHY

I second this, though I bought it around July 2013...Christmas in July count?

Air juggles with Hwoarang has always been my bread and butter. Good luck!