New GT5 DLC with 2.03 update!

Mio

Apparent information about Gran Turismo 5′s third round of DLC has appeared here in GTPlanet’s forums. According to “Space Empire”, GT5′s 2.03 update will be launched on January 18th, and will include a few of the following new changes and features:

• New themes for My Home in GT Mode.
  • An option for tire wearing in Pit Strategy (B-spec).
  • Simulates regenerative braking on electric cars.
  • Chaparral 2J Race Car ’70: Fan down force option.
  • Fixed unintended pit stop error in the final lap of a B-spec race.
  • 12 new colors and 12 new wall papers for My Home theme.
  • Electric cars run slowly without applying acceleration.
  • Regenerative braking affects the cruising distance.

New downloadable content packs will, reportedly, also become available. The “Speed Test Pack” will include the new “Special Stage Route X Oval” revealed in the recent Honda NSX Concept video, and Car Pack 3 will include the following new vehicles:

• Nissan Leaf G 2011
  • Aston Martin V12 Vantage 2010
  • Volkswagen Volkswagen 1200 1966
  • Jaguar XJR-9 LM Racecar 1988
  • Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 2011
  • Mini Mini Cooper S Countryman (R60) 2011

As always, until this information is officially announced and verified, things could change, so you’d be wise to temper your expectations. Regardless, this appears to be legitimate information, so stay tuned for further details as they develop.

Special thanks goes to Space Empire for discovering and sharing this material, and thanks to Carlos Fandango and diegorborges for making me aware of it on such short notice!

Source and pictures of new DLC: http://www.gtplanet.net/lamborghini-aventador-route-x-circuit-more-in-leaked-gt5-2-03-details/

• Like 1

A lot of the gaming media have been pounding GT5 because of its lack of "new" vehicles. I've seen a bunch of articles that whine "Where are the 2011's? Where are the 2012 model's?" as if they want to use GT5 as a test drive machine for shopping for a new car.

Adding the Nissan Leaf, OK I can see that. New car models are ALWAYS welcome. Personally, I'd like to take it for a test drive and see how it "handles." Could we also have the Chevy Volt (I still need that piece falls off trophy and that one should be easy to get to fall apart :D )?

But, more importantly, give us different car models. Everything in this bunch looks like they are originals, not just different versions of the same old same old. That makes me happy. :)

Honestly, there really won't be a need for GT6 until the next generation of gaming machine hits the streets. Everything that would have been normally GT6 can be done now via DLC, so I'd expect to see continued support for the game in the way of new content, until the PS4 releases.

• Like 1