How do you feel about DLC trophies?

I'm currently on a quest to clean up my online trophies so that I don't have any unplattable titles on my PS3 list should servers go down or people stop playing online. It's going pretty good so far, but I've come up with a somewhat annoying issue and would like to know how you guys feel about it (that is, if you're at all concerned)

DLC trophies usually mean that you can get the plat and still don't get 100% on a particular game. At first, I was going to go for them as well, but on games such as Uncharted 2 & 3 they are just too much work for somone like me, who doesn't really care for multiplayer on this type of game. I'm alright with having to go online for the two required competitive and co-op matches for the plat, but it seems to me that the MP trophy list on both games (Uncharted 3 especially) is made for those who really LOVE the multiplayer mode, so I'll have to skip it.

I'll just have to deal with the fact that I'll get the plat but will never have Uncharted 2 & 3 at 100%. Any of you also feel frustrated by this?

P.S.: Please refrain from "why should you care about trophies" type of comments. I only play games that I love, but ideally I'd like to 100% all of them (even though I know I'll probably never get there -- but it's the journey that counts, not the destination IMHO) -- when for one reason or another this can't be done, it bothers me a little, even though I still strive to get as near as possible to completion anyway and experience the game at its fullest.

Depends on the game and the content. Map packs are definitely not high on my list of affection. However, GTA IV DLC is some of the greatest content you can play on PS3. There are plenty of examples of good and bad DLC, but it seems that for the most part the DLC I have encountered has been mostly cool (albeit possibly not worth the price) and overall I'm glad to add the content to my collection.

Edited by RedEye420
  • Like 1

I'm not wild about them, but they don't make that big of a difference to me.  They're not a factor in whether or not I get a DLC and/or buy the game in the first place.

Then there's Zen Pinball 2 which is virtually all "DLC" trophies as far as that is concerned.  But the game is a rather unique system unto itself and doesn't really belong in this discussion.

• Like 1

Well, at least for me, the goal is and probably (99% times) will be the platinum. I don't have too much time for gaming now, so if developers "oh surprise" decide to add more and more DLC content i won't be like crazy trying to get them. Those incentives are for players who LOVE multiplayer sessions. 

So, I don't feel bad at all having just 50% completion of Uncharted 3 due to so many extras mp trophies. I feel happy enough with my platinum.

In the same way that probably never will get TLOU platinum due to those mp trophies, sad and ridiculous from ND imo after that excellent trophy list in U3. 

• Like 1

I'm not bothered about 100% to be honest (although it is nice). I only buy the DLC for games I really enjoy. Gravity Rush and Guacamelee are the only games i've bought DLC for because I loved the game. 

Oh.. and Borderlands 2. How the hell did I forget, it's like my favourite franchise :/

Edited by Cobby1995
  • Like 2

This is why I simply didn't play Uncharted 3. It's also annoying when you pick up a game like Mass Effect 3 for $20 and then realize you need to spend another $50 on DLC if you want 100%. Would be better to just not care about 100% but that hasn't worked out for me so far haha.

• Like 1

I don't care much for DLC trophies. The only ones that I have are ones that are included in GOTY or complete editions. I have yet to pay for DLC on its own. The only DLC that I actually have plans to purchase is for The Last of Us and whatever story related material comes out for GTA V.

Some are cool because their DLC is to progress the understanding of the game's story.

Others are just a Middle Finger, because they know people will buy them regardless.

I only buy games I like( with the exception of them being very fucken cheap to near Free), so for all the game's I have, I've got to have their DLC along with Trophies.

And yes no one forces or tells me to do it, but I simply feel like doing it...and that's just My Opinion.

• Like 1

I only buy games I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy, so I don't mind buying the single-player DLC, too, whether it has trophies or not. What sucks is when you buy an older game cheap, and the DLC still costs a fortune, sometimes more than the base game. Even that wouldn't be a deal-breaker, except when the DLC is only a map pack or something with limited new content. I made an arbitrary decision to not buy DLC if it's only multiplayer. It means I won't 100% some of my games, but I had to draw the line somewhere. Maybe if I win the lottery someday . . .

Edited by Sra-000

I don't mind them, unless the developer decides to make some freaking full time job out of trying to earn their DLC trophies (Uncharted 3 is a good example). In my opinion, DLC trophies should be simple, fairly easy, and enjoyable. However, it's mostly just ridiculous crap that the developers are recently adding to their games as DLC trophies.

• Like 2

I really like them as far as they are single-player focused, not too expensive and have some story to offer. Something like TLOU's Left Behind, RDR's Undead Nightmare, Dead Space's Awakened & Severed, Sleeping Dogs' Nightmare & Year Of The Snake. In fact i bought a lot of DLC, just have to find the time to play them.

• Like 2

I really like them as far as they are single-player focused, not too expensive and have some story to offer. Something like TLOU's Left Behind, RDR's Undead Nightmare, Dead Space's Awakened & Severed, Sleeping Dogs' Nightmare & Year Of The Snake. In fact i bought a lot of DLC, just have to find the time to play them.

Completely agree with all the examples you just gave. I could add Skyrim's Dragonborn & Dawnguard + Assassin's Creed 4's Freedom Cry to that list.

Then there's companies like EA & Capcom who just throw out any old crap to try and make a quick buck, usually costumes or weapons that don't change much.

Edited by Goro

Well I like dlc that adds to the story. I usually only buy dlcs on sale or buy a season pass if a game has one. I don't really like mp dlc or dlc trophies because I haven't experienced a mp dlc that adds anything of worth to the mp. I also don't like dlcs like the Batman ones where you are just buying a character to do the challenges and nothing else. I feel dlc like that is just lazy work from the developer and just obvious cash grabs

• Like 1

I agree with this 100%. Some DLC's are really expensive, so I only get the DLC's that are worth the money (give more story to the SP) and time (or if they are included in the GOTY editions).