How do you feel about DLC trophies?

As long as the trophies on the DLCs aren't online..I got no problem with them because in this case the DLC is a spin-off or extra missions or something like that...so the DLC is worth the $....plus it will be always possible to earn those trophies.

I see that most of you agree with my hatred for online DLC trophies.

I also don't mind if the DLC adds single player stuff for games I like, but I see absolutely no point in adding MP trophies (which I'm not very fond of to begin with)  that screw the trophy list of games that were already at 100%, and will become unobtainable in a couple of years on top of it. That beign said, I think that even single player DLC shouldn't have trophies attached, just like the Coliseum battles on Final Fantasy XIII-2 don't -- but at least if they do they will always be obtainable.

As for the price for DLC, it's incredible how it is all over the place. You get reasonably priced content, such as LittleBigPlanet packs, and outrageous stuff like Dante's Inferno online beign €17,99 -- a four year old game that can be bough new for less than the MP pack. Along with Uncharted 2 & 3, I know that Dante's Inferno will be forever below 100% for me because of that.

I don't like DLC messing my my 100%-rating. In my opinion, DLC should add up to the total percentage, as it is something additional, not part of the game. So if a game has 50 trophies and the DLC has 10, the completion rate could be brought up to 120%

I truly, truly hate DLC, because it's usually extremely expensive. DLC on games like Guacamelee and Sound Shapes I don't mind, because they're cheap, but anything over £7 is over-priced DLC for me. And NFS: MW is £23 :S

Fucking hate it.

• Like 1

I consider the plat one of the marks that you've finished the game.

As for additional DLC trophies, I only bother with DLC for games that I really enjoyed and I have stopped buying Season Passes in advance because I want the chance to make sure I enjoyed the base game first. If I never bought the DLC, then I never had access to the trophies, so whilst my % completion may decrease, in my head I know that the DLC trophies were never available to me anyway.

In short, they don't bother me too much.

I'm happy with my Uncharted 2,3 platinums but I'm not going to spend 80 hours on a boring MP mode for a couple of trophies.

My point exactly. As much as I enjoy trophy hunting, that's where I draw the line. Generally, I'll gladly (well, not quite) go for MP trophies that count towards the plat, but not just to have 100% completion.

Not to mention that 80 hours for U2 & 3 is a very conservative estimate. :P

Edited by fabmorais_2011

Rarely buy DLC unless it's free, but the annoying part is when it reduces your 100% completion. 

Feels like a kid stealing your flake out your ice-cream and what you want to get that topping back to make it look pretty.

it's the journey that counts, not the destination IMHO

I feel the same way and felt this was quote worthy. I think a lot of people lose sight of this. :highfive:

Well I like dlc that adds to the story. I usually only buy dlcs on sale or buy a season pass if a game has one. I don't really like mp dlc or dlc trophies because I haven't experienced a mp dlc that adds anything of worth to the mp. I also don't like dlcs like the Batman ones where you are just buying a character to do the challenges and nothing else. I feel dlc like that is just lazy work from the developer and just obvious cash grabs

Have you played it? Yeah, it probably wasn't too terribly difficult to add two characters that are only available for challenges. However, I thought the challenges with the three dlc characters to be very fun and much more challenging than Batman. I have to admit that a couple of bronze trophies doesn't seem like much incentive to play that dlc, but I personally enjoyed the hell out of them and feel that anyone that liked doing the challenges is slighting themselves by not buying and playing the Robin and Nightwing dlc.

I see that most of you agree with my hatred for online DLC trophies.

As for the price for DLC, it's incredible how it is all over the place. You get reasonably priced content, such as LittleBigPlanet packs, and outrageous stuff like Dante's Inferno online beign €17,99 -- a four year old game that can be bough new for less than the MP pack. Along with Uncharted 2 & 3, I know that Dante's Inferno will be forever below 100% for me because of that.

Yeah, I'm not terribly fond of mp trophies in general or at least not competitive mp trophies and the dlc. I do like co-op mp and by extension dlc and the trophies that come with. I'm almost always up for a challenge, so I find things like Dante's challenges to be right up my alley (the Dark Forest dlc was lazy bullshit and a cash grab, imo). Playing it with a friend instead of a random or some new acquaintance made it that much better. It is a bit expensive, but I try to justify price by how much time I'll be spending on the dlc instead of trophies. It can be ironic that some dlc is just as expensive as the retail disc game (CoD Ghosts is $60 and the season pass is $45). With that being said, I've had loads of fun playing Extinction and I've kept playing it even after I've gotten 100% of the trophies available so far (still have two dlc's left to be released). I bet I've sunk another 40+ hours on Extinction since getting the plat and that more than justifies the price for me. Edited by Rowdi
  • Like 1

For completionists like me, DLC trophies are annoying, specially when they come in 4 or 5 trophy packs of 10 trophies each (aka the Little Big Planet series)

I only find enjoyable the ones who bring some sort of storyline, those bringing new modes or gameplay options should be included in the game to begin with, or at least be put together in a single pack, not releasing each mode separately, I find it more chaotic that way. 

Also, when I play a game, I do it with the hope of getting 100% for it someday, but DLC keeps coming up and ruining my hopes (MP-related DLC is the one I hate the most lol)

Dude, DLC is totally the way to go when doing online trophies. It's an absolute insult to gamers when they make the online trophies part of the main trophies, and this is why I love Naughty Dog when it comes to online trophies, particularly Uncharted 3. I don't mind just having those two trophies where I gotta play one competitive match and one Co-op match, because that at least gives you a taste of the multiplayer, but when other games incorporate meaningless required online trophies, it's stupid because one day those multiplayers will get abandoned making it no longer possible to platinum. This way, you can at least still platinum the game, just not 100% it unless you really want to.

• Like 1

Dude, DLC is totally the way to go when doing online trophies. It's an absolute insult to gamers when they make the online trophies part of the main trophies, and this is why I love Naughty Dog when it comes to online trophies, particularly Uncharted 3. I don't mind just having those two trophies where I gotta play one competitive match and one Co-op match, because that at least gives you a taste of the multiplayer, but when other games incorporate meaningless required online trophies, it's stupid because one day those multiplayers will get abandoned making it no longer possible to platinum. This way, you can at least still platinum the game, just not 100% it unless you really want to.

Yeah, that's totally fine, I just happen to be against MP trophies in general lol that's why that didn't cross my mind, but it's definitely better if they put MP trophies outside of the platinum requirements, that way you are rewarded for the single player experience and if you want to expand your completion, you have the MP as a choice :)

I've reached the point now where I don't actually mind the DLC trophies - although ask me again in a few weeks time as I'm working on Uncharted 3!  Most of the time, I tend to go for the GOTY edition of games so that all DLC is included, certainly helps keep the cost down.

Just looking back over my profile of the DLC I've done:

Dead Island

This was before I knew what boosting was and did all the Bloodbath Arena DLC legit.

Borderlands

For most part I enjoyed the DLC on this game (even the Claptrap collectibles) but the Moxxi DLC was a pain and I'm glad I had the GOTY edition, as imagine it would've been quite painful to have bought this DLC to suffer through.

Uncharted 2

I did some of the DLC legit around mid last year, but ended up shelving the game as I had pretty much written off getting the 100%.  Started boosting it around the start of May 14 and had all the trophies by the end.  It really is not as bad as what it is made out to be (especially with a good group of boosters)  Boosting this game proved to be an excellent experience for me and I've met some great people.

Modern Warfare 3

Another one I had pretty much written off, due to the cost and my lack of skill.  I made the investment though and as we speak, I'm 2 trophies off getting the 100%.  It has helped that I've had an amazing co-op partner helping me with this and as a result my MW3 skills have improved - I've also thoroughly enjoyed playing through the DLC too.

I agree with the sentiment that it's the journey that counts - and I've had a wonderful time playing through DLC and have even warmed to multiplayer.  One thing I would say though, is don't write DLC off too quickly :)

• Like 2

I rarely get DLC for games unless its either A: a single player game with great content and narrative that I know the DLC will be similar and worth it i.e Left Behind for the The Last of Us, or B: a multiplayer game that I put 100's of hours into with my mates and we don't mind getting the DLC since it adds new maps/mods/weapons i.e Battlefiled 3/ Battlefield 4.

Just like with the base games, if I enjoy the DLC I'll go for the trophies, 100%ing games isn't my priority yet, although I do agree and think having the Uncharted 3 platinum but having the completion at 51% is a bit ridiculous.

Edited by mary-d_9

Not to mention that 80 hours for U2 & 3 is a very conservative estimate. :P

Not really. Yes, maybe it is for Uncharted 3 because of the treasures, but UC2 took me exactly 80 hours according to in-game stats, and if that counts the time I spent on the multiplayer main menu screen, then it was considerably shorter.

• Like 1

I like the way that EA: Dragon Age/Mass Effect games add the extra missions directly into the storyline. You don't need them but you don't have to go out of your way for them either. That being said I pretty much never purchase DLC. And I also won't get GOTY if it's a lot more than the standard. Lastly, if I do somehow have the DLC and I get bored with it, I have no qualms about walking away and leaving it unfinished.

I don't mind if the DLC is good and worth playing, like Left Behind for The Last of Us... but when it's just "Here's more stuff to do", like the NFS MW DLC's.... that's when I dislike it. And when it's multiplayer stuff that requires a big or huge time commitment, like Uncharted, NFS The Run, and NFS MW.. then I hate it.

Opposite way around for me. I hate it when they add in extra story add-ons because I feel like it should have been in the game in the first place, and they're just trying to get more money. And when you get more things to do, it can sometimes prolong the life of the game.

I feel indifferent about DLC trophies. I only buy DLC for games I really like a lot. 

Don't care much for DLC trophies unless it's for a game i really like.

^my thoughts exactly...

for games that I really like and enjoy the most, e.g. Muramasa Rebirth, Walking Dead S1 - expect me to buy the DLC ASAP....

with regards to DLC that has MP trophies - screw you... I freaking don't care with non-DLC MP trophies, why should I care more with DLC with MP... let that game rot with A....B.... or even Cs....