How do you feel about DLC trophies?

Guess I'm one of the few here that likes dlcs and their trophies. I go for 100% on all games so dlcs are a must for me but I have also found in most cases that dlc add more story to base games or adds more levels or challenges to play ect....

I like to get everything a game has to offer good or bad ill roll with it and most of the time I enjoy my dlc purchases

I don't mind DLC trophies at all. But when you said Online DLC trophies, well now that is a whole other animal because online trophies suck ass. Like suck the hairy big one!

But I don't mind regular DLC trophies that don't require the cooperation of 8 other people to meet in a certain baseball stadium somewhere.

Edited by allenbird
  • Like 3

I feel the same way and felt this was quote worthy. I think a lot of people lose sight of this. :highfive:

Have you played it? Yeah, it probably wasn't too terribly difficult to add two characters that are only available for challenges. However, I thought the challenges with the three dlc characters to be very fun and much more challenging than Batman. I have to admit that a couple of bronze trophies doesn't seem like much incentive to play that dlc, but I personally enjoyed the hell out of them and feel that anyone that liked doing the challenges is slighting themselves by not buying and playing the Robin and Nightwing dlc.

Yeah, I'm not terribly fond of mp trophies in general or at least not competitive mp trophies and the dlc. I do like co-op mp and by extension dlc and the trophies that come with. I'm almost always up for a challenge, so I find things like Dante's challenges to be right up my alley (the Dark Forest dlc was lazy bullshit and a cash grab, imo). Playing it with a friend instead of a random or some new acquaintance made it that much better. It is a bit expensive, but I try to justify price by how much time I'll be spending on the dlc instead of trophies. It can be ironic that some dlc is just as expensive as the retail disc game (CoD Ghosts is $60 and the season pass is $45). With that being said, I've had loads of fun playing Extinction and I've kept playing it even after I've gotten 100% of the trophies available so far (still have two dlc's left to be released). I bet I've sunk another 40+ hours on Extinction since getting the plat and that more than justifies the price for me.

I tried some of the catwomen challenges but that is all. I like the challenges but I just want more than challenges from dlc characters

I tried some of the catwomen challenges but that is all. I like the challenges but I just want more than challenges from dlc characters

The Catwoman challenges were the worst of the three. She was extremely limited it what she could do and I feel that made her a bit boring. Both Catwoman and Robin did get some time in on sp expansion. Nightwing didn't get any time in storywise, but his challenges were the most fun besides Bats, imo.

The Catwoman challenges were the worst of the three. She was extremely limited it what she could do and I feel that made her a bit boring.

OMG yes! I'm doing them currently, and let me tell you something, Top of the World and Catwoman don't get along, no sir, a level that was completely made for Batman, and you put Catwoman on it, what do you get? The most cheap Predator challenge ever.

OK, now that my rant is over. I don't really care about DLC trophies when they are part of a story, like many metioned before TLoU, Borderlands even DmC. But, when you put a bunch if annoying tasks on MP DLC like maps and weapons (i.e: Uncharted, TLoU, RDR), it annoys me a bit because usually you have to boost them, and that can become troublesome.

Either way, I  try to keep my rate as close to 100% as possible, so I'll end up buying any DLC with trophies.

I didn't think the thread would have such great feedback! Thanks for all your insights. Everyone brought really interesting views on the subject.

IMO, a good example of how annoying online DLC trophies can be is Naughty Bear's Episode 10 online trophies, which require 4 people to be playing the DLC portion of a multiplayer that hardly anyone plays anymore. Managed to get three of the four trophies with the help of a user who thankfully had 2 PS3s and two copies of the game, but not the longest one, a 100 kills deathmatch mode. Basically gave up on that.

I loved everything about Akrham City DLC but that was just me. I also loved the PS3 exclusive Joker content on Arkham Asylum. That was some of the greatest exclusive content of the generation for me. I loved the combat challenges and having extra characters was just pure joy.

Honestly as I sit here trying to think of DLC I just absolutely hated Mirror's Edge is the only one that comes to mind immediately. I felt very different about DLC a few years ago but after playing a lot more of it and earning different trophies I have come to appreciate it alot more. 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like DLC messing my my 100%-rating. In my opinion, DLC should add up to the total percentage, as it is something additional, not part of the game. So if a game has 50 trophies and the DLC has 10, the completion rate could be brought up to 120%

I not only hate DLC trophies but its also an insult cause it messed my profile ratio, take Muramasa Rebirth for example/ 24 trophies with 4 DLC packs (4 gold ones in it means a lot less % value already)

I buy a game with all rights to have it the way its suposed to be, not to have some advertisement of dlc trophies in it (DLC is optional so they have no right to stick that on your game)

companies like Vanillaware is instantly banned from my list.

Edited by Nelson_Otaku

I dislike DLC trophies just because they're paid and steal my 100%. I usually don't buy DLCs, but when i do, i have no problems with them, i actually like playing the paid stage(s) or playing a MP to get some additional trophies and to 100% the game again.

I only have problems with the online trophies (like uncharted series, AC Series and RE series). I have all my games in S rank, just with the exception of Resident Evil 6 (need to spend at least 10$ and all are online trophies)

If the DLC trophies are all offline i really not have problem.

But since this site you can create your game sessions you can get the 100%. Thanks to this site i got 100% in Resident Evil 5 and Uncharted 2

Don't care unless I like the game (Wipeout HD for example, and I have the Bioshock Season pass to work through)

One of the reason's I prefer trophies to achievements is the Plat. This says to me 100% as far as I'm concerned, DLC trophy's are just a bonus if I really enjoyed the game. If not, no biggie, I'd rather get playing another game.

I find most of them aren't worthwhile, with the exception of few that have been great storyline additions (ex. Last of Us, Mass Effect, BioShock Infinite, etc.)

This has pushed me to actually stray away from purchasing games at launch and waiting for the inevitable GOTY edition that includes all the DLC. It's not mainly because I'm unwilling to pay the extra money just to be an early adopter of the game, but also because I do give some attention to my completion rate. 

If you didn't like the base game, but persevered to get the plat/100%, then you're going to be annoyed that you've lost the 100% status because you may not want to return to the game just to pay for and play DLC you won't enjoy.

But if a DLC package didn't have trophies, would you be as motivated to play the DLC?

Cuts both ways IMO.

I wish the trophies were added to the profile after you've actually bought and downloaded the dlc. Will never buy anything just for trophies though. But still, don't like when it says that I'm missing trophies for a part of the game I don't even own, that's just stupid.

• Like 1

i only get the ones for the game i liked, even so i still didn't bought the DLC for most of my beloved games, i only bought so far dead nation's road of devastation DLC ( ps3 ) and 100% it,

and TLOU left behind & grounded mode and i 100% both. i don't care for online trophies DLC's ( since i hate online trophies with a passion ). or extra car, characters, costumes

( since these should be a standard bonus content you normally unlocked on the core game just like old times ). or the most useless of them all, characters having different skins &

costume colors ( for an example : king of fighters games way back on the ps1 and ps2 or whatever used to give players the option to fully customize the colors on all the characters

from the beginning! ), so why the hell did current devs mod the colors them self's and sell it for $1 or $2??  

It usually depends. For the most part, I hate DLC trophies, because they're usually way too hard/time consuming(like Super Street Fighter IV) or are super easy and make me feel like I'm wasting money(like BlazBlue). Plus, they're almost always way too expensive. I paid $60 for a 20-30 hour game, then I'm expected to pay $10-$15 for around an hour of gameplay. I was averaging $2-$3 for an hour of gameplay for the main game, then suddenly it's $10-$15 for an hour of gameplay, it's obscene to me. Then of course there's the issue that suddenly you have trophies dragging down your profile.

Honestly, the only game that I think had worthwhile DLC was Bioshock Infinite. There was an entirely new story that actually felt like it was extra content, it took a while to beat and to get the trophies, but it wasn't overly time consuming or multiplayer, and it was $20 for a good 5 hours of gameplay. That's only counting Burial at Sea too, I haven't played Clash in the Clouds, which would add more game time. Making it even more worth it.

• Like 1

• 8 years later...