Back to the Future

wow... I started playing this game last night and i love it... These games are all free for PLUS members right now and if you haven't already downloaded them then you should...

anyone who has seen the movies will most likely find this game to spark a bit of nostalgia (it did for me).

The trophies pretty much just ding on their own while you sit back and play through a story... and the voice acting is amazing because it actually sounds like the real characters...

I agree, the guy that did the voice for marty was spot on, and Doc had his origional voice actor from the movie.

I got these on release day last year, and got the plat for the disc version of the game. Some of the trophies in the later games are very missable if you do things out of order. just a warning.

• Like 2

agreed, but one of the regular trophy images, iirc is a flux copacitor also

24S3b0406.png

ahh... thats why... i didn't see that trophy yet...

I think that after i play the downloaded games i might pick up the actual game so i can nab that platinum too... so far its a great game!

ahh... thats why... i didn't see that trophy yet...

I think that after i play the downloaded games i might pick up the actual game so i can nab that platinum too... so far its a great game!

I already got 100% on all the games ages ago, but I agree with you, I am going to get the disc game for 60 more trophies and a plat!

a new copy of the disc is only 19.99 so i'm sure you could get a used for even cheaper.

Yes, but that is if you can find one! It is $14.99 used at Gamestop, but as I said it is impossible to find!

• 2 months later...

I wouldn't go as far as to say I love it, but it is a different little distraction from the norm. Now, I have to admit I have never seen any of the movies...well, I've seen parts of the first Back to the Future, so any movie references, if any, get lost on me.

I look forward to playing the other episodes for no other reason than it is a nice break from shooting and blowing people up...and it does have a likable, unique quality to it. I also have to say, the one trophy where you had to flawlessly mix the rocket fuel took me more than a few tries to get.

I do know this, now that I have played the first episode, the wife and I plan on having a Back to the Future movie-marathon within the next few nights. :awesome:

• Like 1

I wouldn't go as far as to say I love it, but it is a different little distraction from the norm. Now, I have to admit I have never seen any of the movies...well, I've seen parts of the first Back to the Future, so any movie references, if any, get lost on me.

I look forward to playing the other episodes for no other reason than it is a nice break from shooting and blowing people up...and it does have a likable, unique quality to it. I also have to say, the one trophy where you had to flawlessly mix the rocket fuel took me more than a few tries to get.

I do know this, now that I have played the first episode, the wife and I plan on having a Back to the Future movie-marathon within the next few nights. :awesome:

oh my gosh, you have to!!!

in fact the stories that you are playing though right now are a sequel to the three movies... I thought the games were good but not great... the "great" part about the games were the characters (who most of us know from the movies) and the music (very nostalgic... also for those of us who grew up watching these)... whoever did the voice acting for Marty made me feel like it was Michael J. Fox

Ive seen all of them at least 3 times each... and after i finished all 5 episodes i begged my buddy to let me borrow the trilogy so i can watch them again, lol

• 1 year later...

Sorry guys but I cant figure out how to record young Emmett's mutterings to convince him to divulge to me about his rocket project. Can anybody please give me a hand? I equipped the recorder from my inventory but I dont know how to use it. :S

I think you just find Emmett walking around and press X if you have equipped the recorder.

I think you just find Emmett walking around and press X if you have equipped the recorder.

I'll try it but I think what happened is, after I equipped the recorder then I press X on him, it just opened the dialogue that has an option to tell him that he is too scared on his father, or tell him about the rocket but he immediate stopped me.

Anyway, I'll try it later when I got home. Appreciate it!!! B)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

They did a terrible job in not combining all episodes into one trophy list with a platinum. And yes I know about the disc version. Every other episode adventure game (TWD Life is Strange Fable RE) figured that out but not these guys.  

You get more points (including more gold and silver trophies) than the platinum disc version. I think that's a fair deal. And by the way, Back to the Future was out a few years before all the games you mentioned, it's obvious Telltale were still learning at this point and as you mentioned, they did it with TWD. So these guys actually figured it out.

They did a terrible job in not combining all episodes into one trophy list with a platinum. And yes I know about the disc version. Every other episode adventure game (TWD Life is Strange Fable RE) figured that out but not these guys.  

If you're like me, and bought it digitally, then loved it and wanted a physical copy, you're not complaining about their trophy decisions.

Telltale also released:

- Jurassic park (one list for each episode)

- Sam and max beyond space and time (one list for each episode)

- Sam and max The devil's playhouse (one list for each episode)

- Tales of monkey island (one list for each episode)

- Back to the future (one list for each episode)

So no, not every other episode adventure does that. Also, just think about it... They released a disc version with a platinum, but they didn't offer a platinum for the PSN version... Maybe, just maybe, releasing multiple episode for a single trophy list wasn't possible back in the day? As far as i know, no one else did.

They could have added the episode as 'DLC' to combine it into a single trophy list, but then again, they couldn't add a platinum (since plat can't depend on DLC trophies)

• Like 1